Crowfall

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
What level have most folks here backed at, if at all?
1 dollar. It was pretty much the smartest backing level. It gave me access to closed beta 1 and the game will still cost the same at that time. I can try it out and get in on it if it is as good as I think or I can leave it behind with no regrets.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Are you sure about Closed Beta 1 for the Supporter tier? My 36 early bird only gets Beta 2.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm done with my short lived kick starter phase. I think the only thing I didn't regret backing was the jerky bacon project. Everything else has been meh including Camelot.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I got the early bird Amber, thinking about upping it to get Alpha 1 access because I am not playing anything right now MMOwise. But that is a goodly amount of change. I am hoping they get the weight of combat right with the physics they are talking about. Lots of push and pull and knockback, if it is fluid and fun then so much can be done with it.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
That was a great hype video. Funny, shows their progress, but also shows there are issues still requiring work.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd love to see an MMO creation web series along these lines. Where the front man bullshits super hardcore and all the nerds hate him and hate what he sold.
Yeah if they did this correctly and advertised it, they could probably make a ton of money off the views. Maybe that should be a stretch goal.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lol @ that video.

I dunno I kind of want to upgrade one step to Sapphire. But then I remember that this game probably either won't come out at all or will be 2/5ths complete by time they try and sell boxes to desperately keep the studios open.
frown.png
OR even worse, they get picked up by EA to publish.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Decent recap of recent events, updates, etc.

One note about armor: we're breaking the traditional trope of "heavy armor is only for tanks, light armor for rogues, and robes are for mages". This is a holdover from traditional tabletop gaming (and AD&D, specifically) and was done for both thematic and balance reasons. We're going with a different approach: different types of armor have different strengths and weaknesses. If you want to wear plate mail as a Fae Assassin, expect to make more noise. (but, on the other hand, you will have much more armor if they do get popped, so it might be worth it.)

First: we make a distinction between "skills" and "powers." Skills are passive; they affect how well you do things (or react to things) in game. Powers are active; you kick them off to make something happen.
Currently, powers are being granted by the archetype, promotion class, and disciplines. Skills are impacting the way those powers function in various ways (mainly through damage right now, since that is our focus for the first combat deliverable). In the future, advancing a skill will impact specific powers in other ways, or affect the impact that other player's powers will have on you, when you are the target.

While using a system similar to this we are making a few changes with the Crowfall skill system. One of the first aspects we want to try a differently is to approach how fast the player gains skills. To this end, Crowfall skills have a value from 1-250 with a specific maximum for a character based on a combination of the players archetype, promotion class, disciplines and advantages. I think the example we have given in our advancement FAQ was the Legionnaire maxing his potential polearm skill at 175.
We think that by using a large number scale the player can feel skill gains even on the longest skills. It is nice to always log in to a 1 or 2 point gain in a skill!
Crowfall; Exclusive Interview: Passive Skills and Stealth Ops | TheMittani.com