Crowfall

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Oh there is friendly fire? That is truly excellent news! That will help to minimize the "blob" zerg that is a scourge of mass PvP. Of course, no healers helps too. Smaller organized groups may just be able to make a difference.

Edit: collision too? //head_explodes

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Remember Big Flex they are supposed to be using collision and mass too. No blinking through combat lines, or moving through players. Combat for the organized will be interesting, combat for the chaotic masses will be a nightmare.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think they had me at "You can make a bad character" and "You have the power to make something really cool or really crappy". I hate games that try to perfect class/archetype balance.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I think they had me at "You can make a bad character" and "You have the power to make something really cool or really crappy". I hate games that try to perfect class/archetype balance.
Casuals can't have achoice, one withconsequences. This is the MMO industry we're talking about -- where everything absolutely fucking sucks for anyone who isn't monkey-level retarded.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am sure they will have respecs, but with the over time training you could very well gut the character to go flavor of the month.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I am sure they will have respecs, but with the over time training you could very well gut the character to go flavor of the month.
I understand the need, but I just hope respeccing is a sufficient pain in the ass to do. It should take a pretty good length of time to do it (not currency only) -- either through a quest or somesuch.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
A class building system with no respecs is a bad idea, imo. Allowing players to make bad characters is one thing, but to permanently stick them with that under-performing character, most likely their first, seems too harsh on new/casual players. Choice is good! Being able to respec adds longevity to a game. Players enjoy tooling with different builds. Different specs within classes is always appreciated, especially if the different specs perform different functions.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Players enjoy tooling with different builds. Different specs within classes is always appreciated, especially if the different specs perform different functions.
Careful here. I'm in support of respeccing (with a lot of effort to do so), but not this. We definitely don't want WoW's generic class model.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Im in favor of rock paper scissors (pvp) and very much against class homogenization. That said, a player being able to spec to different roles within on class, a la WoW. is alright by me. I would prefer to not see warriors who can respec into a healing role though. Call me a traditionalist.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dunno how many changes are going to happen to how classes are built but they have skill progression from using skills capping out rather early. Like at 30 out of 100 early. The rest of the time you "socket" trainers to teach you over time. Certain archtype traits and disciplines can let you go higher than the 100 "Cap" (Racial stuff will too)

So say you make a knight and give him all int traits and level him up that way, yeah he is crappy but it is a lot of time invested, respeccing him could be really painful if they take you back to base. It also means that with limited training slots you can get one guy up faster with multiple skills training at a time or 2-3 alts slower working on key skills. (Means I will likely have 2 accounts, to take advantage of 2nd box leveling speed.)

We will get more information I am sure but for now half the fun is in wild ass guesses!