Crowfall

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn bastards! Layaway made it too tempting, I can stomach 50 bucks a month for 6 months, where I couldn't pull the trigger on a 300 dollar at one shot purchase. I want the alpha pain.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
was about to sip on that hopium but then I actually compared them:

Here's what your extra 300bux buys you:

Access to Alpha 1
Kickstarter Sapphire Avatar Frame
Kickstarter Sapphire Forum Badge
Name-A-Location (subject to approval)
Access to expanded symbols for Guild Heraldry creator
5 bonus tax-free parcels for your personal Kingdom (10 total), starting title Baron/Baroness
Upgrade (to Small Castle) your personal Kingdom's exclusive Kickstarter stronghold
1 Villa for your personal Kingdom
Divine Cathedral (to God of your choice) in your personal Kingdom
2015 Large Keep

I for one give 2 shits about EK, it means about as much as a fucking forum badge so here's what it buys me:
Access to Alpha 1
Name-A-Location (subject to approval)
Access to expanded symbols for Guild Heraldry creator

and while lolore is aight and i'm sure having less generic guild heraldry is aight, really what it buys is:
Access to Alpha 1

And since i'll be in japan for the entirety of the alpha and beta process and I don't even know if they'll let me connect to US servers (Asian server's being a stretch goal and an asian beta server being another goal leads me to believe it'll either prevent me from using US servers or the game's netcode will be on par with wildstar meaning it'll be unplayable on US servers anyway). Or if they do let me, how well it will even work I just can't pull the trigger on this one.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Access to expanded symbols for Guild Heraldry creator?

Eternal Kingdom shit?

idgaf about any of that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You guys burning out in alpha1 better not give up playing because you're frustrated by the time I start playing at release.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Alpha1 is not going to be 24/7 and going to be very very feature incomplete. It's probably going to be round 1 of testing combat and physic systems every other weekend or something like that. Burnout chance: nill

xzi

Mouthbreather
God damn it I decided to check this thread to see what it's all about and I.. need it. I can't back it right now but I might not resist for long.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They tore out the old combat engine from the previous footage, and are working on a completely new set of animations and such. It will be a while before they get combat based game footage. But I do agree, I want to see more footage and even more info. Bastards got me hooked.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
They tore out the old combat engine from the previous footage, and are working on a completely new set of animations and such. It will be a while before they get combat based game footage. But I do agree, I want to see more footage and even more info. Bastards got me hooked.
ORLY? nice. while they're at it they need to get rid of "red box on the ground" telegraphing imho. but yeah, Crowfall is the only remotely interesting thing in the genre I'm looking forward (with a possible exception being CU, but to a far lesser degree). With EQN and, ugh, Pantheon both being total turds, CF is the savior we need, or the closest thing approximating one, least I be relegated to playing Project 1999 forever.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There are a few combat video discussions, but we havn't seen any new combat for quite some time. Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
There are a few combat video discussions, but we havn't seen any new combat for quite some time. Hopefully we'll see it soon.
Yeah I just watched the latest "Combat Chat" video, not sure how I feel about cone melee attacks and friendly fire. On one hand it prevents zerging, on the other it'll make group combat an enormous pain in the ass.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It'll make it more interesting and not a clusterfuck. More spacing out means you can actually read and react during a bigger fight rahter pressing buttons and praying.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I just watched the latest "Combat Chat" video, not sure how I feel about cone melee attacks and friendly fire. On one hand it prevents zerging, on the other it'll make group combat an enormous pain in the ass.
Sounds like it will make zerg busting a thing, which I love