Crowfall

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I doubt there was much of shit talk from Vizunah since 99% of french players didn't know PRX at all before you came on SFR.
That's true and it's a good point because it's not usually the real world-beaters talking shit on the forums. It's the pissants and sideline jockeys who haul out the bullshit. We've made a legacy of enduring the shit talk and responding ingame, and with servers we can only respond to our own server!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Until you betray us in Crowfall.

Years of work finally coming to an end, you can finally start that wooden bumper installation service you've always dreamed of.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If the campaigns are as large as I think I actually think that choosing campaigns will be a great source of tribulation within guilds and alliances as well as for opponents. Historically PRX has carefully chosen the toughest servers to play on, but I don't think that will be a real option for Crowfall as I think the different flavors of the campaigns and (possibly) smaller sizes will make there be several 'top tier' campaigns.

What I'm hoping is that their version of the tournament system is as successful at pitting top groups against each other as the GW2 tournament system was. It'd be cool if there was a tiering of campaigns such that when you win in a lower campaign your elo score (as an individual or guild) goes up and you have the chance (or are forced to) go to a higher tier of campaign. Maybe this will inevitably result in some mega alliance dominating the top, who knows.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
New video and some more info about animation and some other interesting stuff. I hope they can pull it off.

https://crowfall.com/#/news/animatio...no-mumbo-jumbo

Jimbo, PRX is the cross game guild Tuco is affiliated with. Nice folks. Very professional. And quite successful at kicking people in the ass in many games. Of course the best is subject to many much debate. Quite like teams in the NFL. Without any sort of oversight. With some of them playing soccer, whilst others play badmitten.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game will be a challenge to any big organized pvp guild. If physics and FF actually work (probably a long shot to work right) it will change the way PVP is played. You won't be able to zerg ball this game like every big guild does due to collision and shit. It'll be fun to watch.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I just hope they have something like Bright Wizards. How bout the rest of you guys?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just give me a warrior priest archtype. Smash face=some heals, or a riff on the bloodmage/chloromancer type. But who am I kidding I will be maining a sword board knight I am sure.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I really like the 'DPS to heal' healer archetype in pretty much every MMO. It's survival + damage trading for top end healing throughput - but they are always so much fun. Blood mage, warrior priest, whatever those dumb assholes were from Rift, all those guys. The allure though was once you get past 'the curve' you just get batshit insane and massacre everything because you are so well rounded with healing on top of it. Tanks and dps are just 'more gooder' but those dps healers tend to get ridiculous returns on stat investment to the point of hilarity.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This just reminded me how cool the classes were in Warhammer Online. Too bad they were accompanied by so many other problems.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This just reminded me how cool the classes were in Warhammer Online. Too bad they were accompanied by so many other problems.
In all honesty, I think WHO failure was probably the biggest surprise I've been through post WoW - not necessarily the biggest disappointment but definitely the biggest surprise. I mean that game was fucking fun for the first 20 or so levels. There's no way playing ENGAGING RvR at level 10 you were thinking 'yea, I bet this goes into the toilet quick' but then bam. Damn did they mismanage that one.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
What was really annoying about WP was that they could actually scale up and perform better if more people were attacking them.

Once I got geared up on my WE I had no issues dealing with any warrior priest on the server 1v1 but man if you threw in a couple bads just attacking a well geared WP with all the healing off they started getting, they became just these fucking wrecking balls.

I remember there was this one WP (think his name was Patriot or some such) and this guy ALWAYS rolled with a group and he pretty much was neigh invincible when fighting in group combat. Months and months if not years passed and I could never find that fucker alone not even once, but finally one time I managed to see him running to a city siege with no one else around.

I got the drop on that bastard and killed him 1v1 and it was a fucking euphoric moment, but then I quit the game the next day.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the hell out of WHO for the first 26 levels. I also enjoyed the hell out of Rift for the first few months. It's always sad to see companies get the early stuff so right and then forget that the game doesn't end after that short period. I know they don't forget but the amount of effort and polish for those first few levels is usually the only good things remembered. It's all about "We need to meet this number and we'll worry about the rest..later."

I still marvel at how well EQ kept the hooks in even with a buggy, unfinished mess for a large portion of the 'glory days'. I know it was early in the MMO lifecycle but it's still fairly impressive.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It didn't have hooks, it had first 3d experience. The game was shit otherwise compared to its MUD counterparts. But having a 3d world is a huge addition.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In all honesty, I think WHO failure was probably the biggest surprise I've been through post WoW - not necessarily the biggest disappointment but definitely the biggest surprise. I mean that game was fucking fun for the first 20 or so levels. There's no way playing ENGAGING RvR at level 10 you were thinking 'yea, I bet this goes into the toilet quick' but then bam. Damn did they mismanage that one.
Imo, it points to the disaster that is two realm RvR design. Warhammer and then later Aion both had some really cool mechanics and gave me some of the most fun I've had in RvR games since, well Daoc. But the imbalances that always happen in 2 realm games eventually destroyed them.

In many ways GW2 is much worse than those games when it comes to RvR. But because they have 3 realms to help balance the meta game, it keeps trucking along and is succesful.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQ had one thing in spades. Potential. Noone at the time knew how far they could go, what they could do, what limits were in crafting and creating a world. They did what they could with the limits in tech at the time and they did it well. Then they started the treadmill and WoW happened and it started to unravel.

Crowfall excites me because they are going in a new direction from the themepark idea that EQ and Wow became. I loved Aion and Archeage because of the sandbox basis but both of those games had flaws of their own. Most of the other big MMO's were also very guided themeparks and while fun for a time lack that feeling of wonder and potential. As devs ratcheted down on "Balance" and guided experiences and encounters they lost to me that sense of anything can happen.

I do not think Crowfall will be the greatest role playing mmo ever, but I do think that it will be a stepping stone to that land of what if we could do....

And that is what got me to sign up for kickstarter, and keeps me coming back to the website as they dribble out info. That potential they are building.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Troll bait
If you took out the graphics side of things (which you can't really) sojourn MUD was a better game in my opinion at that time in 99.

Everyone's first MMO has hooks in it for them. I still have fond memories of playing TeleArena in 7th grade on my 2400 baud modem.