Crowfall

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
As you get wounded your game goes black and white, screw healthbars! Same with enemies Full health for them is full color. Dead is monochrome.

smile.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Sounds like they're terrified of the crowdfunded, open development model they embraced, lol. Rightfully so, I'm sure more than a few people are going in with unrealistic expectations. I bet the official forums will be fun.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sounds like they're terrified of the crowdfunded, open development model they embraced, lol. Rightfully so, I'm sure more than a few people are going in with unrealistic expectations. I bet the official forums will be fun.
They should be. For all the bitching and moaning about any games that reach market, no one confuses their purchase after development with design input to define what it will be. Buyer's remorse is nothing compared to the outrage following the crippling realization that the game you dreamed up to beexactlyas you paid for it to be does not work at all how you imagined it.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
People are going to like the "hunger" games so much they will just say screw the CW's and just make a large arena for people to fight in.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to have a Hunger Dome portal as a reward in your EK. Invite your guild to smash face between campaigns. Or invite other guilds in your alliance.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy the hunger games myself. Even the GW2 pre-release, one day version was fun enough. Anytime you are forced to fight with limited resources it's more fun. This game should definitely scratch an itch.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only 5-6 months from Kickstarter to pre-Alpha. So far they're pretty close to making their internal deadlines, which says good things about the project imo if they can keep it up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's one good thing about Unity, you can get to that pre-alpha state pretty fast. The stress of using unity comes when you want to do X or are having problems with Y but can't within the confines of the game. "Oh, you're having trouble getting 200+ dudes to be able to AE each other in a hallway? You need to rewrite your entire networking and culling code instead of just using whatever unity has."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a great tool, I'm using it right now when I'm not slacking off on Rerolled. You can see a sample of the games made with it here:
Unity - Showcase - Gallery - Featured

Beyond a rendering engine and infrastructure for game objects one big thing Unity brings to the table is an art asset library. As a gamer I've always felt that it was a shame folks made art assets for a game that then got buried and died with that game. Obviously you don't want to be playing the next Dark Souls game and see Duke Nukem riding a Maco wielding Frostmourne, but there are so many neutral art assets that people recreate from trees to rocks etc.

Maybe there's a resource like this and I just don't know because I'm not an artist, but it'd be interesting if there was a library of art assets licensed under a GPL-like license where, roughly put, if you use any of the art assets in your game, you have to also share all of your art assets as well.

Right now the asset store for unity:
Asset Store

Is too small to accommodate games' requirements, so when games exclusively use assets from there it's awkward like Pantheon. But you can imagine what it'd be like if the asset store had high quality renderings of every new model year vehiclel, every popular firearm, an assortment of models for every common species of tree etc.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Let's not be hasty now, Tuco. If Dark Souls 3 doesn't have Duke Nukem riding a Maco wielding Frostmourne for the final boss, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's a great tool, I'm using it right now when I'm not slacking off on Rerolled. You can see a sample of the games made with it here:
Unity - Showcase - Gallery - Featured

Beyond a rendering engine and infrastructure for game objects one big thing Unity brings to the table is an art asset library. As a gamer I've always felt that it was a shame folks made art assets for a game that then got buried and died with that game. Obviously you don't want to be playing the next Dark Souls game and see Duke Nukem riding a Maco wielding Frostmourne, but there are so many neutral art assets that people recreate from trees to rocks etc.

Maybe there's a resource like this and I just don't know because I'm not an artist, but it'd be interesting if there was a library of art assets licensed under a GPL-like license where, roughly put, if you use any of the art assets in your game, you have to also share all of your art assets as well.

Right now the asset store for unity:
Asset Store

Is too small to accommodate games' requirements, so when games exclusively use assets from there it's awkward like Pantheon. But you can imagine what it'd be like if the asset store had high quality renderings of every new model year vehiclel, every popular firearm, an assortment of models for every common species of tree etc.
interesting I would have assumed there would be a website likeCAD collaboration solution that accelerates product development - GrabCADthat folks downloaded and shared files. I use GrabCAD all the time if I just need a generic item or McMaster-Carr. It's real world engineering not gaming so obviously a much larger database to pick from but still there are enough folks making games that a gamer's version of GrabCAD should exist.