Crowfall

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone just make it easy and tell me if it has a cash shop so I can forget about it entirely.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
All games have cash shops these days. Welcome to 4 years ago.
I seriously doubt ALL games do- but regardless, it's not unreasonable to think that someone might make a game without a cash shop. Unlikely, I'll grant you, but not impossible.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What's wrong with cash shops. If its a shitty pay to win cash shop you know that devs are shit so you don't have to buy the game. But the presence of a cash shop doesn't mean anything in of itself.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I seriously doubt ALL games do- but regardless, it's not unreasonable to think that someone might make a game without a cash shop. Unlikely, I'll grant you, but not impossible.
I dunno, I'd say it's very much bordering on "never in a million years" to see a MMO (that actually gets released) these days that doesn't have a cash shop.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why is it cash shop anyway? Nobody uses cash on it so it should get called card shop, shouldnt it?

rrr_img_87845.jpg

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno, I'd say it's very much bordering on "never in a million years" to see a MMO (that actually gets released) these days that doesn't have a cash shop.
Maybe you're right. I hope not, though.

The dislike for cash shop games is a preference, like any other preference. You could argue all day about whether mmos are better with or without cash shops- just like you could argue all day about whether blondes are better than redheads. In the end it's just personal preference.

(It's blondes by the way)

Gordon Walton_sl said:
Without the "sheep to shear" the hard core PvP'ers were disenfranchised. They didn't like preying on each other (hard targets versus soft targets)
So basically he is calling them pussies.
biggrin.png

Gordon Walton_sl said:
We know how to build MMOs
Ever wonder why they call it an 'MMO'. Do you ever say "hey guys, check out thisMassively Multiplayer Online". Massively multiplayer online ... what? Game? Shouldn't the acronym be 'MMOG'? And isn't the 'online' superfluous, I mean, if there's 1000 players in the same game, I think we can safely assume it isn't 1000 player local coop or splitscreen. How about just 'MMG'?

seinfeld_jerry.jpg

Bruman

Golden Squire
Ever wonder why they call it an 'MMO'. Do you ever say "hey guys, check out thisMassively Multiplayer Online". Massively multiplayer online ... what? Game? Shouldn't the acronym be 'MMOG'? And isn't the 'online' superfluous, I mean, if there's 1000 players in the same game, I think we can safely assume it isn't 1000 player local coop or splitscreen. How about just 'MMG'?
Uh, feel like you're reading too much into it, heh. It's MMORPG, with RPG being a known term before the invention of MMORPG, and it eventually got dropped because people were tired of saying MMORPG. There hasn't been any other MMO[something else] acronym that gained traction, so every knows it implies MMORPG (unless they explicitly state so, like MMORTS or some shit).

So basically - laziness.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If it's basically EQN ripoff (with 1/8th the budget) with a Shadowbane influence instead of a Minecraft influence I'll fuck with it

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tree looks like a pantheon.. evil gods on the right, good on the left...
Either that or its some kind of weird in game path progression. I hope you are right though, it has been ages since a game has had deities in it that mattered.