Crowfall

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
There have been some crowfall exe issues. (I know I know)

I am a whale there. Spent too damn much money. I enjoy the game.

I rage at some of the choices though.

Overall it's warts hold a lot of it's charm. It is not on rails. There are no quests but the ones you make up for yourself. It is a total sandbox. It is brutal pvp in many aspects. You get jumped by 15 and they stomp you in 3 seconds and take your shit. So you call up your 15 if you have them around and go stomp them.

Back a couple patches ago they had the first real crafting at a location set up. (You can only craft advanced gear at forts and keeps. For a week we held one of the three large keeps with my guild UDL. I am one of the main crafters in the game. So I had many people coming and going and supplying me with mats and running completed gear out to people. It was the first week after the last total server wipe so things were hectic.

I had gotten up early to try and get some crap made when noone was around. (First mistake) I logged in blind on my blacksmith alt. (Second mistake) I had not banked in a while due to us swarming the place. (Third mistake)

I got ganked by a solo ranger before I even had fully logged in. I lost about 2000 different quality ore. Some of it the best the game had to offer at the time. I didn't lose everything but he did get the good stuff. He then talked shit, and just added to me getting pissed.

So I threw a bitch fit. The whole guild and allied guilds came together and about 40 of us throughout the day just stomped all over the server for a week and a half. I had bounties up to hound this dude that the EU guilds and servers were hunting him down. It was fun. Pissed me off, but it was entertaining. And I never had that type of play with a Wow or wow clone.

Yeah the game right now is in pre alpha. It is frustrating and buggy, and rough as hell some times. But the combat is fun despite the warts and imbalances.

It has some of the best crafting and gathering in any mmo ever. Even though it is slow and frustrating and confusing and hard to get going. You can't play it solo. You have to have people around and or be social as shit and not piss people off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I haven't done much , since all the changes. Harvest and craft a little as generally my guild is still on semi hiatus.

I cannot seem to get good at the combat system, so I am sure I will become a harvesting bitch.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Srathor's story sounds pretty cool in theory, as in him and some buds griefing an entire server over a single adventurous individual who capitalized on a situation despite the very thing he claimed is needed to be successful (having friends). Brutal full loot, Darktide style pvp is one of the most invigorating things in video gaming. I enjoyed it in AC and I wish I could experience it again someday, I dont know if it will be this game, but when you start talking about HAVING to have a group of friends to be successful, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

It also depends on what your definition of successful is. If success means gaining revenge of lost in game items by arbitrarily killing and looting innocent bystanders because you "can", then it sounds like you got it. But the guy that killed you and took your ore is the real success story, and its that aspect that would invite me to play this game, not your revenge tour.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
If you haven't followed or logged in a while.

Here is a current status update

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
hmm, so I forgot I helped fund this game in the way back days. I guess I should maybe download it and try it. Is there an FoH guild going on yet?

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Probably won't be shit going on until Beta. The few times I logged on I never saw anyone in the world.

• 1Like

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Due to a recent wipe and the above patch is alot more populated, prior to 5.6 would be 15-25 players US peak, now its regularly over 80+ and with the map size not being to big along with a number of "conflict" points initiating PVP it's been alot of fun.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the 5.4 and 5.5 patch cycles were getting crushed under lag when there were more than 90 on the server. They spent a lot of time on 5.6 and the servers are quite a bit more stable.

There is about 60+ running around nightly, it is a good time to step back in and see what has changed.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
How much progression is there? Does it dead end at level 20 or something? Like, could I just play super casual on here and enjoy exploring/learning or is it too early for even that?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Progression is not really there in a standard MMO sense. There is very very little active leveling that gets marked somewhere in game. It is extremely sandbox. And there is zero ingame tutorials and handholding.

It is not a game yet. It is very very much still pre alpha. Some systems are in and it has spurts of game like activities. You can however get a lot of fun if you like crafting. If you make friends that is. Getting materials is very time consuming and in depth. It is all done while in active pvp zones with full bag loot. So there is a ton of risk.

The other long time players are almost all pvp alpha types who just want to grief you and make you quit, unless you are useful to them. If you enjoy sneaking around and gathering under the gun so to speak though that can be pretty fun. Or if you are social and can gang up then you will be fine.

However the skill system is very Eve like with time gates on everything. It is segmented to an insane degree that limits you in what you can do well and what you just flat out suck at doing. You have to go into with the mindset that the group or collective is required.

It is different though. And has held my attention longer than any of the "new" mmo drops in the last 2-3 years. But it very rough and frustrating right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, just looking for something to occupy a few hours of downtime right now. Something I don't need a large crowd for. I'm living among the samurai and neets atm, so most of my friends are asleep when I play. I guess I'll give it a little bit more time for them to set up progression. Autistic griefers annoy me.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It’s been in development a little over three years? I don’t get all the hate. How dare someone attempt a non cookie cutter MMO!

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
No one wants another cookie-cutter MMO.

But this is what I see coming out of ArtCraft's oven:
dsc_0041.jpg

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It’s been in development a little over three years? I don’t get all the hate. How dare someone attempt a non cookie cutter MMO!

Seeing a game and going, "Meh...", is a lot different from hating on it. Am I missing something?

I'm sure anyone that posts/lurks on these forums are looking for something good and hope to be proved wrong when they see a mediocre release incoming.

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game can be fun. It has some incredible ideas.

It also has incredibly shitty implementation of some of those ideas.

But they do keep trying.

It is never going to be a polished triple A, Wow killing MMO.

But it could damn sure be a fun thing to play, win or lose. take a break and come back time and again to see how it evolves, sandbox mmo / civ hybrid.

• 1Like