Crowfall

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I was half-expecting that to be an article about JT and Gordo pushing backers into a volcano in a desperate attempt to unfuck their game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been following this from a distance for awhile, but now I think I might want to go ahead and get a package. Anyone know which early access packages allow me to play immediately? The Pioneer package for 80 bucks allows Beta 1 access and apparently they are in pre-alpha 5. Their FAQ states: Backers whose pledge packages contain one of these test rewards: Pre-Alpha 1 & 2, Alpha 1, 2 & 3 , Beta 1, 2 & 3 have access to our 24/7 LIVE test environment.

So....anyone can hop in and play right now basically as long as your package has some form of beta access?

Last edited:
  • 1Barf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I've been following this from a distance for awhile, but now I think I might want to go ahead and get a package. Anyone know which early access packages allow me to play immediately? The Pioneer package for 80 bucks allows Beta 1 access and apparently they are in pre-alpha 5. Their FAQ states: Backers whose pledge packages contain one of these test rewards: Pre-Alpha 1 & 2, Alpha 1, 2 & 3 , Beta 1, 2 & 3 have access to our 24/7 LIVE test environment.

So....anyone can hop in and play right now basically as long as your package has some form of beta access?

I logged on last night and to make it short - I would advise against it right now. There still isn’t a game here to play.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
$50 I think, things are picking up but ya you would want a group or guild testing to really enjoy it.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
What ever happen to that hot Natalie chick they paraded around to hype this thing in the early days? she was more interesting than the game ever was.

• 1Worf

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Asked JTodd about her a few months back. She went back to school and moved to like Canada and is doing modeling or something and he lost track of her.

The game is coming along. It is still more test than game. Classes and races are in. They are using the Test universe for the 5.4 crafting patch. And the adventure parcels are coming along soonish on the 5.5 pipeline.

It will never be a wow killer. But it is a shadowbane like pvp land grab game. It will be neat. And probably suck at the same time.

The crafting and gathering is decent. It still needs polish and work but that is part of the charm I think. There is still a lot of ways It could go.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making these fucking games take forever, its so hard to market such a long term product like an MMO. "Hey guys we are making a cool multiplayer rpg game, pvp and crafting, its gonna be fucking sweet, stay tuned!" (said in 2009) "Things are coming along pretty good, we are in Alpha 4 phase 7 version 2.6, there is a real game here, and we are getting great feedback from our players and supporters." (said in 2014)

All the sudden its fucking 2018 and the game is still not close to release. Pantheon wont come out until 2024 either, its really fucking sad how far the MMO genre has fallen. It devours souls and destroys careers and lives (Curt Shilling etc). I just dont ever see the Asherons Call/Everquest days ever coming back.

There have been some small MMO successes like the Korean type games but nothing has touched WoW or evoked the spirit of the 1999-2002 days.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, are there people that weren't under the impression she was hired just to get dudes to throw money at the kickstarter? What like she was some coder who worked over there in the tech department?

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
No this is one of the coders. I am a little in love with her. On one of the 12 hours streams she made Blair sweat so damn hard by actually giving answers.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Looking to sell my $70 2017 backer bundle. Comes with Beta 1 (and current alpha) access and 1 month of VIP at launch. Asking $40. PM me if interested.

• 1Picard

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Sapphire from original kick starter or whatever it was 500 dollar; mad leet stuff~ $300 because I like you~!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not at all. Development is still going strong, the game just isn't for me. I'd rather cash out and buy the FF14 expansion. I prefer playing a persistent mmo, this is more "capture the fort".

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are working on it a lot. Problem is I am not sure they are making it better. They are adding things and complicating things a great deal, but that does not always make it better or more fun.