Crowfall

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Action combat can be fun, but the problem with games like BDO is there are too many abilities and inputs and requires the user to be a classically trained pianist to manage all the fucking keys. That’s a problem for tab target MMOs as well, but action makes it worse because clicking abilities isn’t even a viable option.

Yeah thats my issue with some of the Korean games, memorizing all the keys and combos, its like yeah thats too much.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is an objective guild based game mainly. You can capture outposts, fort, keeps, and castles. They can be taken away from you. The world progresses through spring summer fall and winter. At the end of winter the world is eaten by the hunger. And you are kicked back to the eternal kingdoms to go fight for another world and plunder it's resources before it is eaten.

The lengths of the campaign world are variable depending on what the devs want.
The rulesets for the individual worlds also have some variables.
But they have not played with that a ton yet.

The size of the campaign worlds are also variable and the terrain is auto generated from lego like parcels. Every world is pretty much a different map. It does keep it kinda neat. Because the worlds themselves are temporary, but the toons go from world to world getting stronger and more refined.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ive been testing Crowfall since day one. It's a guild vs guild pvp mmo, even though some campaigns will be faction based, and has by far the most pvp going on than any mmo that will be out at the same time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Saw this in the comment of the above article:

"Speaking of pvp… the griefing in this game is going to be EPIC. This means people starting late can and will be met with people who go out of their way to screw up their experience as soon as they leave the first new player tutorial zone. Yes, its the nature of pvp, but its also something that will turn away a LOT of players."

So who here is going to join the beta, wreck some cry babies, and never touch it again? :)

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
The power creep in crowfall doesn't work that way. A level 30 vessel in warcamp dropped gear can compete with a level 35, which would take multiple months and a complete guild effort to achieve, vessel. It's more of a scissors, rock, and paper match between classes in pvp and even more so individual skill with said class.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The power creep in crowfall doesn't work that way. A level 30 vessel in warcamp dropped gear can compete with a level 35, which would take multiple months and a complete guild effort to achieve, vessel. It's more of a scissors, rock, and paper match between classes in pvp and even more so individual skill with said class.
Bummer.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Multiple types of player skill involved. It might not be very good, but this launch is going to be epic.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Just give it another 6 years and I'm sure it'll turn out great. :rolleyes:

Also release is such a meaningless concept in the context of these crowdfunded forever alpha early-access perpetual beta shitshows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Is anyone considering seriously going HAM in this? I'm down to give it a shot if we have a resident Crowfall expert. I know next to nothing about this game but I like PvP.

Xerge

<Donor>
I feel like there was no weight to the combat; the newbie experience was also piss poor. I wouldn't seriously touch this however the PVP systems are there, for what it's worth. There was nothing that pulled me into the world and I can't remember anything positive about my short play experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I am deep into it with UDL (Undead Lords)

Nice to see UDL still around. First encountered them in NWN in AOL and last time I played with them was in closed WoW beta/first week of WoW retail. A few of them worked for Brady Games and were writing the strategy guide for he game. I joined their beta guild and almost went with the guild in Vanilla, but then a huge chunk of my EQ1 guild decided to play and I went over to them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hope you guys are ready for some slideshow pvp engagements.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users