Crowfall

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Then don't play. It is fun when playing. Yes it has issues, but they are at least trying to fill a small niche.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Video from 2 nights ago. Guildy of mine.
I was there for some of those fights, don't be fooled by that alliance patting themselves on the back constantly for beating people they outnumber by 10+. Not saying it's bad to outnumber people and beat them, but acting like you're good at the game and putting out there that you're some awesome pvpers is shitty.

This game is already toxic as shit, the griefing is going to be crazy. New players coming into the game are going to get smoked in the newbie pvp area unless they run in groups. The devs have already mentioned they don't like the zerg alliances that are already happening and they're looking for ways to mitigate against it.

Then there's the performance problems. People with high end machines probably won't have too many problems as long as your CPU is decent but we have seen people with 3080s but older CPUs have frame issues which shouldn't be a thing.

The class balance is rock, paper, scissors style for the most part. You can overcome a lot of it with skill and gear. For example; a base cutthroat might crit with their main attack for 1.2-1.5k. With a middle of the road crafted weapon you might hit 3.5k. With really good crafted gear you can get up near 8k.

If you're going to play join a guild. Don't bother looking for builds online, most people stopped trying to keep up with the rapid changes and anything you find unless it was done in the past couple of weeks is probably outdated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Who are you in game and who do you run with Nightmare Nightmare ?

People that cry about graphics in a pvp centric mmo and/or think there is griefing going on in a pvp mmo like crowfall just need to stick to the kiddie pool mmos.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Then don't play. It is fun when playing. Yes it has issues, but they are at least trying to fill a small niche.

It's not that I want the game to fail, I hope it does well and brings momentum to the genre. However, look at all the past PVP games that were pushed out the door with garbage performance. The first 100v100 battle that brings the majority of players to 1fps it is going to absolutely destroy that game's reputation and it will die quickly.

• 1Like

First

Trakanon Raider
Video from 2 nights ago. Guildy of mine.

Thanks for sharing. Brings back some memories of Shadowbane. Without having any grasp of the game system or what's going on, it looked sorta like loose player blobs with healing going, and a mix of ae dmgs & single target DD's from the camera's POV.

Would you care to comment on what sort of gameplay or nuance is going on that would prove my observation to be incorrect? Or at least woefully general. Sort of curious how specific skills, strategies, etc matter in the video's context.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
The disc skill system is straight out of Shadowbane. Many of us Kickstarter Crowfall hoping for Shadowbane 2, the good times from Shadowbane, not the sb.exe times....it's not Shadowbane 2 heh but it does provide an excellent guild vs guild pvp experience. Small scale pvp is fun as well.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I saw some weird stuff on stream of monster dying and exploding into rupees Zelda style. Total noob take on the game as I don't know much about it. Hopefully it does go as you say, SB2.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So Shadowbane 2.0?

This is the exact feel I've gotten from it in the Beta so far. Shadowbane combined with another MMO who's name I forgot (had player housing, and dragons as a player race) And the new user experience leaves a lot to be desired with the number of seeming massively complex game systems (such as crafting). I always said I wanted a game with a really in depth and useful crafting experience.. but damn... I haven't even tried to get into cooking yet, just accumulating tons of mats for it though...

Still getting my G13 set up to how I want to control for combat, but so far it does seem a decently fun combat system. Haven't really gotten to the point of playing around with city building and siege warfare.

All items decaying and needing to be replaced (no repairing unless I've missed it) is an interesting solution to forcing people to grind in perpetuity...

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The crafting is a rabbit hole of pain. I love it.

Combat seems clunky and simple. Then you start seeing how builds work. Then you get an idea of x + y with disc Z. Then you run into a counter comp and they just have to be cheating. Then you get into a 10 v 10 and start seeing nuance. Then you get rolled. Over and over by a zerg.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People that cry about graphics in a pvp centric mmo and/or think there is griefing going on in a pvp mmo like crowfall just need to stick to the kiddie pool mmos.
Dude its one thing to have shit graphics. I could give a shit. Hell I still play EQ and dont bitch lol. I play all kinds of older RPG games all the fucking time. The problem is when you sacrifice 2020-21 graphics and still get 20-30 fps in larger scale battles. And to tell you the truth the above video that showcased the brilliant game play seemed not to be even a large scale battle, more like 30 vs 30 if that. Imagine adding 60 more peeps...

I understand you like the game, thats cool. But come on. Shit graphics for 2020-21 its ok, I can get by that as I dont give a fuck about graphics that much, the problem is when you have both shit graphics AND shit performance on top of it. This does not equal sucess, lol, but fail. This shit should run at least at smooth 60 fps average, in fact for those graphics I saw in that video it should be more like 100fps average if not even more. No one wants to run a game thats a fucking slide show. This has ruined more than one PvP mmorpg in the past. and unless they fix this shit, this will be their downfall too.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking at the guild recruiting forums this game will be filled by the infamous usual elite guilds having every other PvP focused MMOs releases and especially Dark Age Of Camelot in their resumes. They'll recruit hundreds of players, zerg to the maximum number available, spam their skills during lag spikes and game freezes, upload their "epic" 1v10 victories on Youtube, shit on every other guilds by calling them "amateurs", wonder why everyone left after the first month, call out developers for "unkept promises" and leave the game with a Cold War propaganda like announcement where they congratulate themselves for being the top 1 guild right before adding Crowfall to their resume and start buying premium alpha founder packs for the next "large scale PvP MMO" where they'll spend their time minmaxing their top secret builds.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Looking at the guild recruiting forums this game will be filled by the infamous usual elite guilds having every other PvP focused MMOs releases and especially Dark Age Of Camelot in their resumes. They'll recruit hundreds of players, zerg to the maximum number available, spam their skills during lag spikes and game freezes, upload their "epic" 1v10 victories on Youtube, shit on every other guilds by calling them "amateurs", wonder why everyone left after the first month, call out developers for "unkept promises" and leave the game with a Cold War propaganda like announcement where they congratulate themselves for being the top 1 guild right before adding Crowfall to their resume and start buying premium alpha founder packs for the next "large scale PvP MMO" where they'll spend their time minmaxing their top secret builds.

Precognition is illegal breh.

• 1Worf

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I backed the Kickstarter, but I have no interest in playing it. If anyone wanted a green account, I can dig up the credentials later tonight.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I can't decide who's more responsible for preventing us from having nice things: these degenerates or the bluebie/carebear crybabies, but all of them should have their fingers amputated.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Dude its one thing to have shit graphics. I could give a shit. Hell I still play EQ and dont bitch lol. I play all kinds of older RPG games all the fucking time. The problem is when you sacrifice 2020-21 graphics and still get 20-30 fps in larger scale battles. And to tell you the truth the above video that showcased the brilliant game play seemed not to be even a large scale battle, more like 30 vs 30 if that. Imagine adding 60 more peeps...

I understand you like the game, thats cool. But come on. Shit graphics for 2020-21 its ok, I can get by that as I dont give a fuck about graphics that much, the problem is when you have both shit graphics AND shit performance on top of it. This does not equal sucess, lol, but fail. This shit should run at least at smooth 60 fps average, in fact for those graphics I saw in that video it should be more like 100fps average if not even more. No one wants to run a game thats a fucking slide show. This has ruined more than one PvP mmorpg in the past. and unless they fix this shit, this will be their downfall too.

So essentially we've come what? Almost 15 years from Shadowbane and it's still "Get over 30-40 people in one fight and shit becomes a slideshow, even with up to date systems and graphics cards." My experience so far has been decent, but even with something as small as 5v5-ish my 3070 was dipping into crap tier FPS it seemed.

Further into my tinkering with it... The fact that crafting will be a never ending grind seems to sap the fun out of an otherwise deep and involved crafting system. The fact that it seems to be faster to grind mobs for gold and buy crafting mats off vendors than harvest them turns it into a bottom tier PvE grindfest in order to craft. Unless I'm missing some huge game mechanic. And because there seems to be no level requirements for gear anything short of top tier stuff simply won't sell if/when there is an actual in game economy rolling.

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus didn't even download it to try. As she wants a good PvE experience.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The harvesting is almost exactly like building a raid toon. Race and stats and gear and how and when you hit buttons matter.
Made this video about a month ago.
Rank 9 node. 10 is max.
Purple Disc. 1 off from max.
Blue belt. 2 off from max.
Level 32. 3 off from max.
I am just at the start of end game gathering here.