"Spending $300-500 on a highly questionable MMO was totally worth it!"

tenor.gif

Fucking LOLOL

lol lololol meme gif.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wasn't even aware this "released". Kinda stopped looking at the info years ago as it got stuck in permanent alpha/beta state, but apparently at some point it was deemed appropriate to release, and clearly it wasn't. Luckily I was also done with Kickstarters already at that point, or I just didn't believe in kickstarter mmos I don't remember, so didn't "invest" anything.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I backed this, Star citizen and both the Shadow run games. Only the Shadow run ones delivered so far. Star Citizen might be ready in another 10 years.

I have the collectors box set for this game still unsealed in my closet perhaps I can give it to a grandkid at some point and they can get my original KS backer cost back at some point by selling it to some failed MMO museum.

Cybsled

Unless they plan to pull 'A Realm Reborn" revamp and have the resources for it, I suspect it may end up like Anthem.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played the shit out of it. Shame I was love with what it could have been, vrs what it actually was. But it got me out of my death bed to play. Went through cardiac rehab playing. Hell went through heart attacks playing.

Ended up a failure, and kinda a shitty game. But I have played way way worse. I enjoyed my time playing it. And wish it was and were better.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
If they take it down for repairs thinking they'll re-release it later, they're only doing it out of spite. I give this an absolute zero chance of pulling a Final Fantasy and coming back better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Totally disappointed by this game. The MMO space needs more sandboxes and fewer theme parks and this had a lot of compelling ideas that they never could implement.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Totally disappointed by this game. The MMO space needs more sandboxes and fewer theme parks and this had a lot of compelling ideas that they never could implement.
let me help a friend out! ..... "The MMO space needs more Vangaurd"

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Sandboxes don't really work in the MMO space anymore unless you give the playerbase a robust enough set of tools to actually make something of it AND you have a passionate enough playerbase that actually uses those tools to their full potential.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Vanguard was the last game to pull off the blend. It had some rails to start off, WoW style prog if you wanted it. You could also just adventure and crawl dungeons in open world which is what the majority of the game ended up being.

Non-instanced dungeon crawling in a big open world is what I miss the most. Despite being rushed out-- the itemization Vanguard launched with was enough to carry a non-instanced dungeon crawl game.

• 1Like

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Don't think this game failed because it was a sandbox. It failed because it had garbage animations, potato character control, and shit tier performance. Beyond that nothing else the game could have offered would even matter.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
game failed because they promised Eve progression with shadowbane style combat with what at the time was a radically new and interesting concept of dying worlds which enabled win conditions and resets and any number of alternate ruleset servers to exist simultaneously in the game.

Then they spend 6 years making minecraft and shooters came out with battle royales which is just an expedited version of their unique thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
"Its gonna be like Shadowbane"

Oh okay cool.

"Here's your instanced battle grounds and battle royale stuff"

Alright uh fuck you, cya

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't think this game failed because it was a sandbox. It failed because it had garbage animations, potato character control, and shit tier performance. Beyond that nothing else the game could have offered would even matter.

Why were they so dismissive of these things despite getting feedback since alpha that it wasn't going to work. They claimed they had a performance overhaul coming that never delivered, 5 years into development.

There was never a time the animations were ok with anyone. Never a time anyone said the controls were going to be launch quality. And 5-10 FPS was never anything anyone was going to spend any money on. The backers got fucked.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It was pretty crazy how little the engine, animations, and gameplay improved over the development of the game. I checked in every six months or so and they would add stuff to the game but it always felt like dog shit to play.