Crowfall

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Took them too long to release, they lost the momentum they had back in the Kickstarter days.

It's also a niche game and that's what kills these little developers. They just need to do well enough to keep the lights on but easier said then done. Good luck to them.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
It's also a niche game and that's what kills these little developers.
Don't excuse this bomb on those grounds. What kills these "little" developers more often than not is the fact they plain suck fucking eggs at making good games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's also a niche game and that's what kills these little developers. They just need to do well enough to keep the lights on but easier said then done. Good luck to them.
Albion has been doing great and it's VERY niche. Niche MMOs can make plenty of cash.

Hell, EQ is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much "niche" starting around 2010ish and that fucker has been going for 11 years since, making decent revenue.

Crowfall just sucked, that's the problem. I liked that they went so crazy on races, but that's about the only "good" thing the game had.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Albion has been doing great and it's VERY niche. Niche MMOs can make plenty of cash.

Hell, EQ is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much "niche" starting around 2010ish and that fucker has been going for 11 years since, making decent revenue.

Crowfall just sucked, that's the problem. I liked that they went so crazy on races, but that's about the only "good" thing the game had.

Massive grind to level weapons, titty physics.

Had pvp but it didnt really grab me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So what happened to this one? I thought this was DAOC v2.0?

Last we played at launch you could only fight over bases during designated times so the game was a ghost town.

Also, the frame rate was about 40fps with no one else on screen. You could see where this was going from the last beta.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
first and last time i dropped money on a kickstarter game.

it was sold as something awesome and became minecraft without any of the charm and even jankier combat.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game fucking sucked. Combat felt horrible. When will devs start to just get the "feels good to play" shit out of the way first before they start all this "add tons of races and buildings and other stupid shit that has no bearing on how the game feels to play"

Not to mention 10 fps in super rig when your game looks like dogshit is gonna be a no from me dawg.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I, too, was hugely letdown by this one. What a way to drop the fucking ball on something that could have been awesome. Buh-bye. pfft!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Yes very sad how this turned out. Got a $500 membership thing or whatever it was called pretty early in with some level of hope and few times I jumped in to try playing along the journey it was just...fucking meh on all levels.

Think i've done like 3 kickstarts/early sub things in my life and 2 were jokes. This and FT spiritial successor that is like 6 years in the fucking making and been sold a few times (Unsung Heroes)...at least i think that will be decent when it finally gets released but all the things they promised evaporated like original team members of FT etc that washed their hands.

I dropped $500 few years ago on AoC as it truly gave me some hope that its a game that will truly align with what I am looking for long term. Another year and i can fucking finally try alpha 2 and see if the bet paid off.

• 2Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes very sad how this turned out. Got a $500 membership thing or whatever it was called pretty early in with some level of hope and few times I jumped in to try playing along the journey it was just...fucking meh on all levels.

Think i've done like 3 kickstarts/early sub things in my life and 2 were jokes. This and FT spiritial successor that is like 6 years in the fucking making and been sold a few times (Unsung Heroes)...at least i think that will be decent when it finally gets released but all the things they promised evaporated like original team members of FT etc that washed their hands.

I dropped $500 few years ago on AoC as it truly gave me some hope that its a game that will truly align with what I am looking for long term. Another year and i can fucking finally try alpha 2 and see if the bet paid off.
At most I would ever drop on some game promise is like$30- $50 or some shit. Too many bad games to risk $500 on some promise. That just seems crazy to me even if you have a bunch of disposable income to throw at this shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I dropped $500 as well many years ago. It was interesting to see it develop from the early days. (White box)

Sadly, it did not seem to really take off. It was my last KS, but no real complaints.

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This and Camelot Unchained are the only two I've Kickstarted. Still waiting on UC to get somewhere closer to launch to try.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
At most I would ever drop on some game promise is like$30- $50 or some shit. Too many bad games to risk $500 on some promise. That just seems crazy to me even if you have a bunch of disposable income to throw at this shit.
As i said only 2nd time i'v ever dropped that type of money and definitely knew it was a gamble. I've worked extremely hard in my life and make an extremely comfortable living to the point $500 occasional gamble isn't exactly a big deal. I enjoy the exploration and early days of games and also abit of a competitive advantage so if AoC ends up being a game me and my wife play for 5 years as our primary source of in home entertainment then $500 was well worth it for me to try and provide abit of feedback while things are still influenceable.

Would have I spent $500 when i was growing up 6 of us in a trailer house on a family income of $26k a year....no I would have not. But at this point can't spend it when you are dead :)

I'd pay $100 a month for a sub to a game like Epic 7 with out the dollar based RNG gacha bullshit, made the mistake of playing that with the wife for a year and when i looked back on all the little spends it was like...fuck. But definitely want to get back into a MMO as I hate jumping between games, i like the illusion of perpetual worlds and what you do today progresses and matters down the road.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gave the kickstarter $300 to support them in creating an RvR game. It was a gamble that I knew had a low chance of success. And I wasn't really that into the version of RvR that they were trying to make.

But there are so few RvR games out there. To me it was worth the outside chance that they might pull it off. I don't regret giving them the money.