Crowfall

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Permission to go full hype mode yet or should I wait until after Tuesday? Honestly, MMO hype has been the best game i've played over the last 5 years.
All aboard!

VUVF9yl.gif

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Please be real. Over the last 5 years isn't saying much - you mean since 2004?
You're probably right but I had a few good years with EQ2 and WoW but yeah... even still, hype of the boards has been just about more fun than anything. lol

iannis

Musty Nester
I wish I still had this pic some guy posted on the p99 forums right before the red server launched.

He had his computer with all three classic eq boxes and cloth maps in front of it. Couple six packs of natty ice. Couple bottles of shit tier tequila. A ridiculous number of big ass red bulls. A garbage bag of pot and like three eightballs of coke. All ready to go for firebeetle slaying. Eq character creation screen in the background to punctuate the sadness.
Ooooh. Oooooh. Oooooh.

Oh man I've seen some depressing stuff in my time. I'm glad I didn't see that.

Shit like that make a grown man cry.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Dumar I'm on the hype train for the next week so take your normal bullshit out of here. Save your tired shtick for next week.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Crowfall isnt almost finished by any means. Its still a pre-alpha and very rough. They are just loving the various systems in place and the overall feel of it. Add in a little hopium and you have some very positive journalists.
Yeah, let us not forget how EQNext got Best in Show a couple of years ago from gaming "journalists".

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Best in show by the people that would braid Dave's ponytail. I remember after THE DEBUT thinking about those stupid MMO sites gushing about what turned out to be Landmark, lol.

People bag on normal game sites but MMO sites are the worst. It's why Draegan's site might stand a chance. There's nothing.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In other words, VR just hurts your ability to communicate and hit your skill rotation.
I can imagine the only negative impact you would see from the switch is the time it takes for the switch to a new controller scheme to be learned. If the control scheme is set up fluently and ergonomically, controls will become second nature to people just like they are now with other games. VR is just the first step - as soon as the architecture that military funded companies have created comes to the public (from prosthetic limbs to prototype war plane helmets), we will have some truly next generation ways to play games at home.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I'd play vr MMOs if your IRL physical abilities became your in game stats and if you die in game you die IRL.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Don't get hyped up over this bullshit, c'mon. The Designer Dragon era wasn't that long ago. Shadowbane was a technological pile of shit. Take off the rose colored glasses. This thing doesn't have enough content to create a kickstarter video, much less some super secret alpha build. That's just fucking nonsense.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't get hyped up over this bullshit, c'mon. The Designer Dragon era wasn't that long ago. Shadowbane was a technological pile of shit. Take off the rose colored glasses. This thing doesn't have enough content to create a kickstarter video, much less some super secret alpha build. That's just fucking nonsense.
Not surprised someone from NorCal is such a doucher.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yeah, let us not forget how EQNext got Best in Show a couple of years ago from gaming "journalists".
I dont want to defend gaming sites, they suck, but it's not like they could test an actual, playable EQN. The Best in Show was given based on the new concepts they planned. And those are still great concepts, regardless of SOE failing to even get them to alpha. I mean this very game picks up one of them, voxels, who knows if that would've happened without EQN sparking those ideas.

To say something about Crowfall instead of going entirely off-topic: Do we know if an archetype has several races to pick from or are all confessors human, all legionnaires must be centaur, etc? In that vein, how many archetypes do they have planned for release, any rough estimates? Right now the line-up looks very MOBA, which isnt bad at all but makes me wonder.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well you can get the fuck out and stop ruining my hopium high mother fucker.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
To say something about Crowfall instead of going entirely off-topic: Do we know if an archetype has several races to pick from or are all confessors human, all legionnaires must be centaur, etc? In that vein, how many archetypes do they have planned for release, any rough estimates? Right now the line-up looks very MOBA, which isnt bad at all but makes me wonder.
Archetypes are a Race/Class combo. So each class is race locked, however it appears that some races make up multiple archetypes (Confessors, Knight, and Templar all appear to be human).

We don't know how many Archetypes are planned, but the Character Creation prototype indicated 12-24. They've revealed 9 so far, but there's 3 more that haven't been officially announced (although their images have been seen).

To be honest, I think this is the best way to solve the racial ability 'problem', because racial abilities can just be included as a class ability.

Blackwulf

N00b
This is my backup hype train. I'm all aboard the Star Citizen hype rocket atm.