Cruella (2021)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is fucking stupid. Why can't she just be crazy and evil?

You've been living with this cult being the dominant ideology for years now.

You know why.

If Disney wanted to make a movie about a villain, they should do one about Shere Khan from Jungle Book series. That villain was bad ass and in multiple movies.

There is a huge problem with this one.

He has a penis.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You haven't been paying attention. Disney began systemically reforming their former female villains years ago.

Even skinning puppies doesn't make someone with a vagina (Can't call her a woman until she self identifies) bad.

I would argue that this started like 12 years ago with that Wicked play where they made the Wicked Witch of the West nice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This movie looks bad. I didn't even know about it until someone mentioned it this morning. Guess I can skip even watching the trailer after reading the reaction here.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You've been living with this cult being the dominant ideology for years now.

You know why.
No, I still don't fucking get it dude. It's not ideology, it's just stupidity. No "SJW" is going to side with a rich fashionista who wants to skin puppies, and no retcon of a contrived backstory is going to fix that. It's just stupid, no one is falling for this.

Whomever was in charge of this just didn't think it through. Stop trying to make everything stupid that happens conform to your ideological lens.

• 1Wow!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
No, I still don't fucking get it dude. It's not ideology, it's just stupidity. No "SJW" is going to side with a rich fashionista who wants to skin puppies, and no retcon of a contrived backstory is going to fix that. It's just stupid, no one is falling for this.

Whomever was in charge of this just didn't think it through.

SJW’s don’t side w rich fashionistas who are so unlikable it’s not a stretch to suggest they skin puppies alive?

Don’t make me laugh. Nancy Pelosi? Maxine Waters? Hillary Clinton? Ilhan Omar? Do I need to keep going?

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would argue that this started like 12 years ago with that Wicked play where they made the Wicked Witch of the West nice.
The Oz books were fucking weird, especially for their day. Lots of moral ambiguity for stories written over 100 years ago, and they were inherently political allegories.

There's no political allegory or moral ambiguity for a a rich bitch who wants to skin puppies.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
SJW’s don’t side w rich fashionistas who are so unlikable it’s not a stretch to suggest they skin puppies alive?

Don’t make me laugh. Nancy Pelosi? Maxine Waters? Hillary Clinton? Ilhan Omar? Do I need to keep going?
You can't just lump 5 totally different people together. I'll concede on the Hillary Clinton point, she'd definitely skin puppies to gain 2% share with a demographic, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT LITERALLY NOBODY ON ANY POLITICAL SIDE OF ANY POLITICAL SPECTRUM SUPPORTS PUPPY SKINNING.

There is just no way to make Cruella Deville a sympathetic character, and for that alone she's a good analogue for Hillary Clinton, but the rest of your post is nonsense.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT LITERALLY NOBODY ON ANY POLITICAL SIDE OF ANY POLITICAL SPECTRUM SUPPORTS PUPPY SKINNING.

It’s not supposed to be literal. It’s supposed to point to how unlikable a person is.

Everyone I listed is RICH AF and unlikable. And all of their public support typically clashes w how they live. As in they’re liars.

AOC drives a TESLA and shops at Fresh Market while demonizing capitalism and torpedoing Amazon deals.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Since it's relevant to what's going on in this thread, I updated for the new IQ. The path to 0 must be followed.

mist.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Whomever was in charge of this just didn't think it through. Stop trying to make everything stupid that happens conform to your ideological lens.

I'm sorry you're still in denial on why female villains need their anger explained.

But you are.

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You can't just lump 5 totally different people together. I'll concede on the Hillary Clinton point, she'd definitely skin puppies to gain 2% share with a demographic, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT LITERALLY NOBODY ON ANY POLITICAL SIDE OF ANY POLITICAL SPECTRUM SUPPORTS PUPPY SKINNING.

There is just no way to make Cruella Deville a sympathetic character, and for that alone she's a good analogue for Hillary Clinton, but the rest of your post is nonsense.

No one said SJWs support puppy skinning. You're creating a straw man that doesn't exist.

SJWs can't see women as inherently evil. Society had to make them evil. Ergo, female villains will be explained to show how they are really victims. The patriarchy is really at fault! Not the woman who was skinning puppies. They did the same thing in Maleficent, where the king mutilated and raped maleficent (The evil patriarch) and made her do the things she did.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Can you say egotistical cuck with frivolous spending habits instead of fashionista

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

The answer is always ideology.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We live in a society where nothing makes sense anymore
Nothing makes sense, yet it can always be explained through the lens of your ideology vs your projection of someone else you don't like's ideology.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Nothing makes sense, yet it can always be explained through the lens of your ideology vs someone else you don't like's ideology.

Okay, why are only female villains having these movies--and why despite being consistently bad ideas, do they continue. And why do disney movies constantly have the same themes (Watch Malef to understand this--who ends up saving the princess in the end? Not the Prince.)

I can't wait to hear this. I'm so sorry your denial is so strong; but it is. You're literally agreeing with the original IOOTI meme.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay, why are only female villains having these movies
Loop Trump GIF

Um, Joker? Hello?

How about all the Hannibal Lecter movies that try to make him more identifiable.

Brightburn was an example of a movie that tried to show how society could turn a young boy Superman-analogue into a villain.

Sorry, it's not just chicks.

And my point is that trying to humanize Cruella is even dumber than trying to humanize Hannibal Lecter, it's literally like trying to make a Buffalo Bill movie. "THE PUPPY PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN."

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Loop Trump GIF

Um, Joker? Hello?

How about all the Hannibal Lecter movies that try to make him more identifiable.

Brightburn was an example of a movie that tried to show how society could turn a young boy Superman-analogue into a villain.

Sorry, it's not just chicks.

And my point is that trying to humanize Cruella is even dumber than trying to humanize Hannibal Lecter, it's literally like trying to make a Buffalo Bill movie. "THE PUPPY PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN."

Wow, when did they become Disney films? Disney has been buying more properties than I realized! Or did try to expand the topic to make your view work? Disney's focus is very specific, and the themes are very consistent. And they are pretty open about ideological themes being a focus, watch their Frozen commentary.

Its not the same all through the industry (Even if the ideology biases a lot of films)--its just especially bad at Disney at the moment (Hence people like Perlmutter getting forced out). However, in terms of the industry at large? The huge amount of push back against Joker also shows how exceptional it was in that it made him sympathetic, made him the victim. The Hannibal films NEVER did that--he was a villain throughout the whole thing. That's a dumb comparison. The joker is the only one that is even semi-relevant. And as said, the massive push back shows why its not often done on the other end. (But still, not the same as Disney's M.O.)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wow, when did they become Disney films? Disney has been buying more properties than I realized! Or did try to expand the topic to make your view work? Disney's focus is very specific, and the themes are very consistent. And they are pretty open about ideological themes being a focus, watch their Frozen commentary.

Its not the same all through the industry (Even if the ideology biases a lot of films)--its just especially bad at Disney at the moment (Hence people like Perlmutter getting forced out). However, in terms of the industry at large? The huge amount of push back against Joker also shows how exceptional it was in that it made him sympathetic, made him the victim. The Hannibal films NEVER did that--he was a villain throughout the whole thing. That's a dumb comparison. The joker is the only one that is even semi-relevant. And as said, the massive push back shows why its not often done on the other end. (But still, not the same as Disney's M.O.)
Disney fucking sucks and you're not going to get an argument out of me on that one. My point is just that, it's just bad management and bad decision-making over at Disney, not some grand conspiracy of some larger ideological cult.

• 1Picard