Cruises: Good Value Vacation or White Trash Rafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The biggest irony of Yatch Owners is they never actually sail on them. The Captain drives the boat to where ever Mr. MegaBucks is going to fly in on his Gulf Stream. They are just a portable claustrophobic mansion.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Trashier than a shit tier atoll in the Bahamas with no running water and FEMA tents?

the trashiness of the cruise ship is intended. they consider whats in this photo a success

2016comingsoon.jpg

the Fyre fest clearly wasnt intended to be that. hence why its a disaster.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You guys are forgetting about the trashiest of them all...

There is your spec script right there. A group of Chick Hipsters sign up for a Fyre Festival and end up dropped off at a Gathering of the Juggalos. Think, Sex in the City meets Deliverance.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
There is your spec script right there. A group of Chick Hipsters sign up for a Fyre Festival and end up dropped off at a Gathering of the Juggalos. Think, Sex in the City meets Deliverance.
You know what...We(meaning some other studio but we as in "Hollywood") have something similar in development. Buddy of mine is a DP on some high profile horror stuff and there are most certainly a few scripts floating around about "Young Pretty Millennials thinking they are going to Coachella and instead end up at RapeFest2018 in the AZ desert." Hilarity ensues.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You know what...We(meaning some other studio but we as in "Hollywood") have something similar in development. Buddy of mine is a DP on some high profile horror stuff and there are most certainly a few scripts floating around about "Young Pretty Millennials thinking they are going to Coachella and instead end up at RapeFest2018 in the AZ desert." Hilarity ensues.
If your studio had any balls RapeFest2018 would take place in Dearborn, MI

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
thats not a yacht, thats a cruise ship.

and a cruise ship vacation is just about the trashiest vacation you can take.

No way. I have never had a bad experience on any of my cruises with my wife. Been on 3 now, all Royal Carribean international and have never had a bad experience. Great food (We do not do the buffet except for breakfast) great service, a good deal with the drink pass (We get fairly lit up on the cruise ship) and have a blast making friends with everyone. I took over a Billy Joel impersonator once due to Schooner Bar customers' request while the impersonator continued playing Piano and I took over the singing. Really good shows to see (A great comic or two, Saturday night Fever), watched the Super Bowl mocking Patriots fans until they had the last laugh and I ended up having to buy them all shots, from the private RCI beach of CoCoKay, seeing Belize, Roatan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Cozumel, Bahamas.

If you are having a trashy vacation on a cruise ship, I highly suggest RCI instead of say, Carnival. I also highly suggest the cruise ship you take is in the Freedom Class or Above, as these ships are absolutely gorgeous. (Freedom of the seas, Anthem of the Seas, Liberty of the seas to name the 3 I have been on). Sorry for the slight derail but I have been on plenty of non-cruise vacations from Hawaii, Cabo, Playa Del Carmen, Out west in the Rockies, etc. and now heading for a tour of Europe for 16 days this summer. When I compare the others I have been on the only thing I managed to do was spend more money.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was waiting for a "babe" to be thrown in. But I can see that as being a script. It's easy enough.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
If your studio had any balls RapeFest2018 would take place in Dearborn, MI

Now we are brainstorming. Have the group of girls think they are going to a Festival in Dubai but are dropped into Raqqa. Get Segal , Stallone, Van Damme to play the Dads doing the Under Siege / Taken thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
No way. I have never had a bad experience on any of my cruises with my wife. Been on 3 now, all Royal Carribean international and have never had a bad experience. Great food (We do not do the buffet except for breakfast) great service, a good deal with the drink pass (We get fairly lit up on the cruise ship) and have a blast making friends with everyone. I took over a Billy Joel impersonator once due to Schooner Bar customers' request while the impersonator continued playing Piano and I took over the singing. Really good shows to see (A great comic or two, Saturday night Fever), watched the Super Bowl mocking Patriots fans until they had the last laugh and I ended up having to buy them all shots, from the private RCI beach of CoCoKay, seeing Belize, Roatan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Cozumel, Bahamas.

If you are having a trashy vacation on a cruise ship, I highly suggest RCI instead of say, Carnival. I also highly suggest the cruise ship you take is in the Freedom Class or Above, as these ships are absolutely gorgeous. (Freedom of the seas, Anthem of the Seas, Liberty of the seas to name the 3 I have been on). Sorry for the slight derail but I have been on plenty of non-cruise vacations from Hawaii, Cabo, Playa Del Carmen, Out west in the Rockies, etc. and now heading for a tour of Europe for 16 days this summer. When I compare the others I have been on the only thing I managed to do was spend more money.

it has nothing to do with the cruise line. it has everything to do with the concept of a cruise vacation, the people you're sandwiched with on a tin can for a week: like patriots fans, billy joel impersonators, 5th rate comics, 80s bands that couldnt even sell out a theater during their heydays, guys in that MORC photo.

basically its a bunch of low grade bullshit used to fill up time and space to distract you from the fact that you basically got on a boat with a bunch of other knuckle draggers to do the exact same shit you do in your podunk town on an average weekend.

i'd rather pay a few hundred bucks extra, get on a plane and fly somewhere and explore on my own, instead of sitting on some giant cruiseship, allowed a couple of hours in this port town, a couple of hours in that one, all in the meanwhile being forced to co-exist with several thousand of same assholes for a week

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Now we are brainstorming. Have the group of girls think they are going to a Festival in Dubai but are dropped into Raqqa. Get Segal , Stallone, Van Damme to play the Dads doing the Under Siege / Taken thing.
Stolen and already registered. Thanks babe! You guys are a treasure sometimes.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it has nothing to do with the cruise line. it has everything to do with the concept of a cruise vacation, the people you're sandwiched with on a tin can for a week: like patriots fans, billy joel impersonators, 5th rate comics, 80s bands that couldnt even sell out a theater during their heydays, guys in that MORC photo.

basically its a bunch of low grade bullshit used to fill up time and space to distract you from the fact that you basically got on a boat with a bunch of other knuckle draggers to do the exact same shit you do in your podunk town on an average weekend.

i'd rather pay a few hundred bucks extra, get on a plane and fly somewhere and explore on my own, instead of sitting on some giant cruiseship, allowed a couple of hours in this port town, a couple of hours in that one, all in the meanwhile being forced to co-exist with several thousand of same assholes for a week

We have friends that go on cruises all the time. Boggles my fucking mind. Only way i'd go is if it was to the Galapagos or some such sciency type cruise.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
We have friends that go on cruises all the time. Boggles my fucking mind. Only way i'd go is if it was to the Galapagos or some such sciency type cruise.

a lot of the cruise ship clientele is people who dont/cant figure out how to travel on their own. the cruise ship is a guaranteed room, meal, safety, entertainment and some shitty sightseeing at a rock bottom price.

you couldnt even pay me to get on one voluntarily, it sounds like fucking hell.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i *might* go on one of the alaska cruises, but not a long one, cause thats the kind of stuff thats hard to see otherwise, but thats about it. like you said, it would be more scienc-y than relaxation

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
a lot of the cruise ship clientele is people who dont/cant figure out how to travel on their own. the cruise ship is a guaranteed room, meal, safety, entertainment and some shitty sightseeing at a rock bottom price.

Ya if we wanted something like that we'd just go to an all inclusive resort like sandals. We prefer driving around the country for our vacations though.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

I have never taken a cruise, but the one thing you hear everyone say is the food is always great. So if you want to spend your holiday laying around getting drunk and fat I can see the appeal. But I can do that at my house no need to hop on a boat.

Personally I like hitting Asian big cities and just walking around in weirdness. Culture shock is the best part of travelling.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Lol well I can do both, and easily do both, and like both - and never had an issue.

I also don't book small rooms in steerage either. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Here is my last room on Liberty of the Seas.

royal-caribbean_liberty-of-the-seas_CABIN_8579.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.