Crusader Kings 3

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fuck yes I am. CK2 was probably the Paradox game I played the most, almost religiously for over a year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
giphy.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The best thing about this is that it probably means CK2 is now "finished" and a complete game, meaning no need to worry about buying future DLCs and the modding community can go into overgear.

With regards to CK3, it will depend on whether they have learned the lesson of Imperator or not. If they release a hollow shell of a game that they aim to "fill up" over the course of half a decade, then meh. If they go with a more fleshed out game, still.. not sure what that could mean. It's not as if a game like this needs better graphics. People who like CK2 will probably stick to it for at least a few expansions. But we'll see...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
With regards to CK3, it will depend on whether they have learned the lesson of Imperator or not. If they release a hollow shell of a game that they aim to "fill up" over the course of half a decade,
I love paradox games but there is pretty much no chance this isnt what happens.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not a lot to go on atm, but was glad to hear the game director mention that they are leaning into the RPG aspects of the series. One of the screenshots on Steam shows a skill tree, so assuming that characters will have quite a bit more depth and customization.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Other than that shitty rome game, I think this will be their first big release since going public. Should be interesting to see how that affects things.

• 1Truth!

Argarth

On the verandah
Feel like I really dodged a bullet by waiting on Imperator - Rome. Might just skip it completely now this is on the horizon. Can't see how going public will change their model. They would need some serious competition in exactly the same space (GS titles) for that to happen. They've been milking it $uccessfully for so long now, shareholders or no, why change?

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Feel like I really dodged a bullet by waiting on Imperator - Rome. Might just skip it completely now this is on the horizon. Can't see how going public will change their model. They would need some serious competition in exactly the same space (GS titles) for that to happen. They've been milking it $uccessfully for so long now, shareholders or no, why change?
Imperator's improved quite a bit since Cicero, but yeah the really meaningful distinction between the civilizations were too diffuse and muted to actually matter until then. It's still got a long way to go but the historical events and traditions definitely feel more distinct between playing say the Seleucids vs. Etruscans.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Sorry, no Deus Vult allowed in CK3, Paradox is a woke SJW husk of a company.
It's not quite that bad but....

th

Any CK without the most debased expressions of human frailty wouldn't really be CK.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
To give them credit, both Stellaris and HoI4 were quite dull and sparse at launch but became good games a few expansions in. But having to wait for that is a bit daft.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
To give them credit, both Stellaris and HoI4 were quite dull and sparse at launch but became good games a few expansions in. But having to wait for that is a bit daft.
They had bugs and were unbalanced early on but I enjoyed both Stellaris and HoI4 at release fine, as did millions of others. If anything Stellaris SUFFERED from the switch to hyperlane-only travel introduced a couple expansions on. I wish they'd go back to the system at release.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

people waiting years for CK3 and then they have to wait years for it to be good after release is not going to please the investors.

khorum

Murder Apologist
...he meant that LITERALLY. No Deus Vult.

View attachment 227215

Yeah, and that's not even really the worst expression of it. They've banned people from the workshop for modding historically accurate flags into HoI or making a whites-only humanoid race in Stellaris lol.

As bad as Deus Vult's relevance in a game literally called "CRUSADER Kings", it's no more egregious than their game that simulates the entirety of the Second World War without any portrayal of the swastika, the influence of SS interference on the Wehrmacht's operational leadership and the impact of the holocaust on Germany's occupied territories.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
So they made it historically accurate? BASED

The opposite. What happens if Hitler never drove Albert Einstein, Enrico Fermi and Edward Teller from the German Territories and they instead worked with Werner Heisenberg? They already had a workable ICBM because Werner von Braun wasn't jewish, and they still put him under investigation serveral times.

HoI4 has the Manhattan Project exactly when it happened in history, with exactly the same costs to the US economy and with exactly the same individuals who made it possible. But why would those JEWS end up migrating to America in the game? German Jews happily served the German Kaiserreich just a dozen years prior to the game's start and Hitler's own beloved company commander was a jew.

If Nazi Germany was exactly as HoI4 portrayed it was, we would be goosestepping on Mars today.

• 1Like