Cuphead

Ryanz

<Banned>
Game looks amazing and is like $20. No reason not to give it a shot. This art style works so well with a side scroller, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to take advantage of that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying this despite how rage inducing it can be.

Diceman music is great!

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Well went on my ps4 to buy this, but its apparently windows/xbox exclusive. Assholes.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but i dont really like playing stuff like this or shovel knight etc at my desk and imagine any latency over network to tv could result in deaths in this. Will probably grab it in a steam sale or humble bundle, but just was willing to pay full price for some couch co-op.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
edit: nm. Guess that video was supposedly satire. I don't watch his shit so I figured he was serious.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
edit: nm. Guess that video was supposedly satire. I don't watch his shit so I figured he was serious.
The narrator is satire, but the footage is actually of a reviewer playing. Kotaku maybe?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
gamesbeat.
However, its actually new footage, recreating the original. you can see they changed the intro tutorial a bit. The "drop down" tutorial after the first air dash.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
gamesbeat.
However, its actually new footage, recreating the original. you can see they changed the intro tutorial a bit. The "drop down" tutorial after the first air dash.

Whaaaat the fuck

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The narrator is satire, but the footage is actually of a reviewer playing. Kotaku maybe?

Yeah, thank god the last time i bothered caring about reviews for a game was when I was in grade school/JR high and it was EGM when they reviewed arcade games like Mortal Kombat 2. I do feel bad for people who will go to Kotaku and other sites for reviews, especially if the footage is like that.

That said, this game is phenomenal. People reference DS, but I think of it more as a Contra/Ghouls and Ghosts, Konami type sidescroller. Played the hell out of Contra 3 growing up and this is bringing back a lot of that nostalgia in addition to great art and animation.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah way more 80s shooter then Dark Souls. One thing I'll say they all have in common is you'll struggle for a long time at points but once it clicks and you win it's pretty much burned into your skull and you'll one shot them the next go round trying to improve your score. I've made it to World 3 and if the game had ended at World 2 I would feel I got my money's worth even though it only took a couple hours.

• 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
image.jpeg
A work of art
View attachment 154127

Literally 1930s Disney Contra difficulty indcludrr

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I do feel bad for people who will go to Kotaku and other sites for reviews, especially if the footage is like that.
Don't. Kotaku reviews are fine and contain useful information about the games whether you agree with the reviewer's opinions or not. And that footage wasn't from a review, it was from a game "journalist" who clearly lacks a fundamental understanding of how video games work.

Haven't played Cuphead yet, but I have doubts about it being as hard as people are claiming, if only because it includes modern-day conveniences that weren't commonplace in the games we played growing up. I mean, I'm sure a ton of the boss battles are tough as nails, but as long as you get unlimited tries then it's fair. I loved Contra Hard Corps for the Genesis, but that game got crazy difficult and if you fucked up enough you hard to start the whole game over. I've still never beaten it because of that. As long as Cuphead lest you retry indefinitely, it's just a matter of learning and properly applying what you've learned, which I could see myself getting into. Looking forward to picking this up.

• 1SJW

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game would drive me nuts if I tried playing. I can't tell where the hitboxs are on anything in the vids. what can or cant I touch? where exactly do platforms end?

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The game would drive me nuts if I tried playing. I can't tell where the hitboxs are on anything in the vids. what can or cant I touch? where exactly do platforms end?

Uh easy. You can't touch a fucking thing other than obvious platforms like the leaf shit or pink shit you can parry. You can hit them anywhere.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah but i dont really like playing stuff like this or shovel knight etc at my desk and imagine any latency over network to tv could result in deaths in this. Will probably grab it in a steam sale or humble bundle, but just was willing to pay full price for some couch co-op.

Buy a steam link and use a controller you fucking pleb.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users