Current television show recommendations

spronk

FPS noob
ascension didn't get renewed and it ended on a cliffhanger so i wouldn't watch it really, it wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. dark matter / killjoy / defiance on syfy are on now and better imo. falling skys started its last season last night too, its not a great show but its kinda fun to marathon through (1 or 2 good episodes followed by 5 bad ones)

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I enjoy the shit out of Masterchef Australia. Start from season one. I don't even watch reality TV other than Survivor anymore but goddamn if I don't love this show.

The hosts are great, everyone has awesome accents, and it's primarily a positive show about people living their dreams rather than a bitchfest. It's even made me a better cook.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked Pope commenting on this last episode. We sent you to the moon on a jury rigged ship on a one way trip to take out the energy relay but here you are back home what does it take to kill you!

The problem with falling skies is it has the most unlikable cast since the walking dead

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is Masterchef Australia better than Masterchef US? How do they compare?

For the record, I enjoy the US version. Hell, I even like Masterchef Junior.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Is Masterchef Australia better than Masterchef US? How do they compare?

For the record, I enjoy the US version. Hell, I even like Masterchef Junior.
I couldn't watch the US version and I'm through season 4 of the Australian version. It's just a better show imo. The Australian one's huge success is what made it pop up in the US and around the world. Before that there was just the British show which has been around for 30 years.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The Good Wife
Sherlock(BBC with cumberbatch)
Supernatural
Daredevil(netflix)
Being Human(US version recently ended the series, with an actual ending)
Luther (It could come back)
Penny Dreadful
Masters of Sex
Fargo
Bobs Burgers
Bojack Horseman
House of Cards
The Black List

For reality TV any of the Anthony Bourdain shows are really good, Layover being the weakest but still interesting.

Solariss

Golden Squire
The Fall was fantastic.. I binged through 2 seasons on Netflix recently. They are only 6 episodes long, but it feels like soooo much happened in those 6 episodes. It was perfect.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't seen it recommended yet, butThe Missingwas a really solid mini-series that was renewed for a new season from Starz & BBC. Centers around a family who takes a trip to France & their 5 year old kid is kidnapped. Season 2 will take on a different story, similar to the True Detective & Fargo format. Watched it when it first came out late in 2014, and being really picky with TV I loved it. Stays with you.

spronk

FPS noob
are any of the new TV shows this year good? still got shit to catch up on so haven't even been downloading stuff like

minority report
limitless
bastard executioner
agents of shield
scream queens
wicked city
Kingdom
Dr Ken
the one with Wesley Snipes

haven't really heard any good buzz out of any of them either, pretty disappointing new TV season so far. The only new show I can think of that I watched and liked was the weird moonlight city on comedy central, kind of a weird miami vice meets retard cop archer.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The only ones I can comment on are:

Minority Report - Pilot sucked balls, haven't watched since
Limitless - Very fun, main character is great, a favorite of mine
Bastard Executioner - Pilot was terrible, haven't watched since
Agents of SHIELD - I've always enjoyed this show, but I guess it would depend on if you care about the universe/show before this season. If so, watch it. If not, maybe not. It is interesting though.
Scream Queens - First two episodes were great, just haven't been able to keep up with it, but I intend to binge at some point.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I watched the first 3 episodes of the one with Wesley snipes. It was alright, but it is definitely standard/predictable major network show. It had some good action, anyway. It's not something I'm going to watch weekly, but it'll probably end up being a filler show while I'm grinding out tedious shit in an MMO in the summer and there is nothing else on.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Necro bump.

I need a new show to watch. I finally watched True Detective season 1 the other day (I know, I know...) and it's got me kinda hooked on cop shows. Watched The Wire and We Own this City after. Thing is -- I don't really like typical procedural cop dramas, Law & Order and etc is very meh to me. I enjoyed True Crime for the amazing writing and philosophy it had. The Wire / We Own This City were more about corruption than being directly about police work, which was enjoyable for me. But as long as there's a little twist I enjoy it.

OR maybe recommendations for crime shows like Breaking Bad or espionage shows like The Americans, but again, I like it to at least have a little twist or be auteur style stuff or whatever.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Necro bump.

I need a new show to watch. I finally watched True Detective season 1 the other day (I know, I know...) and it's got me kinda hooked on cop shows. Watched The Wire and We Own this City after. Thing is -- I don't really like typical procedural cop dramas, Law & Order and etc is very meh to me. I enjoyed True Crime for the amazing writing and philosophy it had. The Wire / We Own This City were more about corruption than being directly about police work, which was enjoyable for me. But as long as there's a little twist I enjoy it.

OR maybe recommendations for crime shows like Breaking Bad or espionage shows like The Americans, but again, I like it to at least have a little twist or be auteur style stuff or whatever.
Mayor of Kingstown, Mare of Easttown.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Necro bump.

have you watched mindhunter on netflix?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users