Cyberpunk 2077

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wasn't there a Dev that said he had 175 hours and hadn't finished the main story yet? I'm assuming there is a lot of content for completionists.
No it was a QA tester doing a "stealth" play through on hard. Things take a while when you're looking for bugs and logging things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Unable to get a 3080 plus this. Will be waiting for patches and when the game is actually done to play it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Unable to get a 3080 plus this. Will be waiting for patches and when the game is actually done to play it.

Yeah that sounds pretty bad, they didn’t even want to talk about it. I think I’d be waiting even if I had a gfx card already.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There will be, but how much it fixes who knows. Visual bugs I can handle, though not if they are just constantly happening. The occasional T pose, missing head/clothes, floating gun I can deal with mostly and forget. I'd rather the bugs like mixing audio, audio not triggering in converstations, sometimes even missions not working are mostly fixed. The one review I watched said floating weapons were a big problem and consistent but after a patch sometime during their review the problem went away, so can only hope for fixes like that. I think the funniest bug the one reviewer mentioned was the famale Vs top clothing randomly disappearing during scenes, leaving you topless until you went back to first person.

At least it seems like gunplay is good, seems eveyrone says melee feels somewhat off and the rest of the game(story, quests, character depth(not looks) and world) is amazing. Just mainly a lot of technical(visual/audio) bugs. I can only hope a decent amount of fixes are done so that these glitches are few and far between, especially as its been delayed enough for these thigns to be worked out. I don't expect zero bugs, especially in this type of game.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
1607376929294.png

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There was a guy who said in his preview it was buggy as fuck but then said he patched and it was a lot less buggy, not sure if all these guys have the patch or the first one was full of shit(maybe both, could still be super bugged even after the patch, just less gamebreaking bugs).

Honestly thinking it'll probably be better if I just wait to play it, the main reason I wanted to play it was to avoid story spoilers but I guess the worst case where some big surprise gets used as a meme or whatever is probably not that impactful and if I wait I can get the game cheaper/wait for DLCs to release and play the full version, like I usually do with most games nowadays. Also I can play FFXIV new patch, which I've actually been wanting to.

And if this shit runs only at 60FPS at 1440p on a 3080, it needs way way more optimization, although it might be some specific options slowing down everything a large amount like a lot of modern games do(sometimes having very little visual impact too, like volumetric fog shit in MHW which costs like 20FPS at 4K and looks fucking worse than when you turn it off in most places).

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Its a little hard to gauge bugs and stuff at this moment... The review copies have DRM which we all know messes with performances on top of missing the huge day one patch. Right? Or has that been released for disc copies?

Obviously CDPR has earned enough respect from the community by now that we know they will continue working hard on this past release date, and personally, as long as there isn't any real game breaking/save erasing bugs I'm not really that worried about intermittent visual bugs.

I mean I played through a bunch of Bethesda games... Bugs don't really bother me.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
And if this shit runs only at 60FPS at 1440p on a 3080, it needs way way more optimization, although it might be some specific options slowing down everything a large amount like a lot of modern games do(sometimes having very little visual impact too, like volumetric fog shit in MHW which costs like 20FPS at 4K and looks fucking worse than when you turn it off in most places).
Is this also with raytracing enabled, possibly?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So many wide ranging experiences - the 2-3 guys I trust that have published reviews mention bugs, but still scored it 9.5/10, 10/10, 10/10. Said the Day 0 patch improved a ton of bugs, but there were still visual issues on occasion but not enough to mar an otherwise superlative experience. I am going in expecting one of the best games of all time, and the reviews today haven't deterred that expectation at all. I suppose we'll see, but I'm ready as fuck for Wednesday evening.

Then you have reviews saying there were portions of the game that were literally unplayable so it's hard to say. I do know that almost every person I've been reading impressions from this past week (due to console leaks), was playing on PS5/XseriesX and mentioned a ton of bugs, but nothing game breaking. That's without the big day 1 patch as well, so I tend to believe the "it's a buggy MESS - it's unplayable11!!" folks are just fucking retards at this point.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, rumours of this next year getting a GTA-ONLINE like expansion/game mode. Excited as fuck. I'm going to go online and role play as a serial killer who only kills chicks with dicks. Going to be epic.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya that makes more sense, as a ton of the visual iq issues mentioned in reviews with extremely powerful PC's didn't show up at all in XsX, PS5 leaker videos/experiences on non-patched versions of the game that was gold months ago. I don't believe for a single second the game is better optimized for any console than PC, as PC gaming is their bread and butter but I suppose time will tell.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1607378959343.png

1607379007642.png

There are some talented mofo's out there, some dude on Reddit built this over the weekend.

• 5Mother of God
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks cool scrolling down until you get to the bottom cables and then holy fuck that looks bad.