Cyberpunk 2077

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks cool scrolling down until you get to the bottom cables and then holy fuck that looks bad.
I had too.

1607380100439.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
It's like people completely forget that in addition to fixing a ton of bugs in Witcher 3, CDPR also dropped a fair amount of additional content that other publishers would have charged for in free patches, and even revamped the UI a year after release.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's like people completely forget that in addition to fixing a ton of bugs in Witcher 3, CDPR also dropped a fair amount of additional content that other publishers would have charged for in free patches, and even revamped the UI a year after release.
I don’t think anyone is forgetting that. That’s why we’re saying just wait a bit to fix all the release stuff. I have no doubt they’ll have this game badass in a few months. It’s the release that doesn’t look promising.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's like people completely forget that... <fart noises>

People reasonably expected that after seven years and three release date extensions that the game wouldn't be a buggy shit show at release.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And if this shit runs only at 60FPS at 1440p on a 3080, it needs way way more optimization, although it might be some specific options slowing down everything a large amount like a lot of modern games do(sometimes having very little visual impact too, like volumetric fog shit in MHW which costs like 20FPS at 4K and looks fucking worse than when you turn it off in most places).
This, plus CDPR designed their past games so that max settings are beyond and sometimes even far beyond the capabilities if current hardware. Remember Ubersampling? It was a year or two before that was actually a viable option while still maintaining 60+fps.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People reasonably expected that after seven years and three release date extensions that the game wouldn't be a buggy shit show at release.
i think it'd be interesting to have some information to see how covid and quarentine affected their studio this year. maybe it didn't really have any real effect or maybe it created time sinks that just couldn't be managed.

i honestly have no idea, but i wouldn't be surprised if that had a lot to do with the delays

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I expected to be able to buy a new CPU and video card by now, Pandemic Hardware Locusts not withstanding. As it is, I will play it on XSX/PS5 rather than my new AMD 5x00x /6x00 XT H1 rig I would build if someone would quit clearing out every retailer known to carry components.
I am playing on an AMD 3700x with a 5700xt. Only cuz I upgraded last year. Otherwise it would be on my laptop with a 1060. I just would hate to play this with a controller.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I expected to be able to buy a new CPU and video card by now, Pandemic Hardware Locusts not withstanding. As it is, I will play it on XSX/PS5 rather than my new AMD 5x00x /6x00 XT H1 rig I would build if someone would quit clearing out every retailer known to carry components.
I completely feel you on this. There has to be some middle ground somehow between peak Capitalism and resellers snagging all cards etc except for just a small trickle.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
God review ratings are fucking retarded.

“game kinda boring, performance is shit, and the game is a buggy mess” 9/10 - IGN

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm getting it just to make a cyber tranny.

I haven't day one purchased since wotlk

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As much as I want this game to be awesome. I'll be happy if I get a solid game that represents the IP well. I don't usually preorder games and shit, but this is just pure nostalgia for that 16-year old in me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
All said and done even if this isn’t an amazing game, it’s not going to be because they intentionally fuck over their consumers like EA, or because they follow the same uninspired formula like Ubisoft, or because they caved to mentally retarded people who don’t play their game anyways like Naughty Dog. They are trying something new for them and there’s a decent chance it isn’t going to be what they hoped for when they started out. Shit happens.

• 3Like