Cyberpunk 2077

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most of the haters I am seeing didn't actually play the game. They spoiled themselves watching it on twitch or youtube haha

and have shit PCs or OG Xbox Ones....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is just as good as Witcher 3 if not better.

Anyone complaining about this game isnt going to be pleased by ANYTHING.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I’ve tried playing it twice and keep getting stuck around 100 hours in...

stuck as in bored?

or stuck as in unable to advance?

i loved Witcher 3 so much that I after I beat it once (and the 2 expansions), I couldnt bring myself to replay it again because it was such a great memory.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dunno, it just didn't grab my attention lol.
sheila broflovski hous GIF by South Park

This didn't grab your attention????

witcher 3 unicorn GIF

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
stuck as in bored?

or stuck as in unable to advance?

i loved Witcher 3 so much that I after I beat it once (and the 2 expansions), I couldnt bring myself to replay it again because it was such a great memory.
Nah just bored. It was mainly just a joke about how damn good/how much time I’ve put in to counterpoint Harshaw.

1st attempt I got genuinely burned out because I was 100%ing it, playing with no mods, and just burnt the hell out in skelige.

This playthrough I’m not bored, just a couple other games got my attention the past couple weeks. I’m not 100%ing this time, mostly skipped skelige POI unless they were close by. Also playing with mods for QOL stuff that makes it much more playable/less tedious. Was hoping to get a gfx card before I start the two DLC I’ve never played but not looking likely. I’m pretty sure I’m right at the end of vanilla. The elf dude just waiting for me at the dock.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Nah just bored. It was mainly just a joke about how damn good/how much time I’ve put in to counterpoint Harshaw.

1st attempt I got genuinely burned out because I was 100%ing it, playing with no mods, and just burnt the hell out in skelige.

This playthrough I’m not bored, just a couple other games got my attention the past couple weeks. I’m not 100%ing this time, mostly skipped skelige POI unless they were close by. Also playing with mods for QOL stuff that makes it much more playable/less tedious. Was hoping to get a gfx card before I start the two DLC I’ve never played but not looking likely. I’m pretty sure I’m right at the end of vanilla. The elf dude just waiting for me at the dock.

the 9999 inventory mod made all the difference in the world. i was so sick of running back to the merchant every 10 minutes to sell shit even before I got to the Bloody Baron quest line

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
the 9999 inventory mod made all the difference in the world. i was so sick of running back to the merchant every 10 minutes to sell shit even before I got to the Bloody Baron quest line
Yes, exactly. That and fast travel from anywhere made the game much more playable. There are a couple others but those are the main two. There’s SO much looting it’s just horrible trying to actually manage it. I get to spend my precious game time playing the game (and Gwent) and not managing a fucking inventory for hours.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
how is this possible
Witcher 3 controls are pretty bad and the combat is bland.

I played through the main campaign and 1st DLC. I got side tracked during the 2nd DLC. I came back after about a year and half and it felt terrible. I didn't want to deal with it and uninstalled immediately.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just hit around 20 hours in this... waiting until I beat it to pass complete judgement (Have a long way to go, I’ve barely started act 2!).

That said, in terms of pure fun, awe and enjoyment this is easily one of my all time favorite games so far. It’s like it was made in a laboratory for me personally. Not even slightly bored doing side missions, some have been hilarious, sad, moving and every bit as good as the ml quests.

Walking out of the whore house having to kill every tiger claw in the ENTIRE FUCKING BUILDING was like John fucking Wick man. Felt so awesome.

I do have a few issues (as I do with any game). I hate that there isn’t transmog. I know it’s FPS, but I don’t like looking like a fucking clown! That needs to make first dlc. While I’ve gotten used to driving, and it improves a ton with better cars, it could be much much better. Too weighty at times and too much oversteer.

Have one really annoying bug where when I die, the game goes out of ultra wide cutting off my screen. I have to adjust it every time in settings. Annoying to be sure.

Cant think of much else, and can’t even comprehend the majority of the criticism I see around the game. To each his own, but for me and my gaming tastes, this is probably my favorite game since....? Not sure yet.

I will say with total certainty however, that they’ve managed to create the most remarkable game world I’ve ever seen or experienced and I can’t think of any game even close really. It’s astonishing and the detail and level of care put into it is off the charts.

The idea that people are wondering wtf cdpr have been doing the past 8 years seems insane to me. Drive through one zone, better yet just walk it. Quite frankly I’m amazed this game exists and hadn’t been in production 10 years with 5 studios working on it.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just hit around 20 hours in this... waiting until I beat it to pass complete judgement (Have a long way to go, I’ve barely started act 2!).

That said, in terms of pure fun, awe and enjoyment this is easily one of my all time favorite games so far. It’s like it was made in a laboratory for me personally. Not even slightly bored doing side missions, some have been hilarious, sad, moving and every bit as good as the ml quests.

Walking out of the whore house having to kill every tiger claw in the ENTIRE FUCKING BUILDING was like John fucking Wick man. Felt so awesome.

I do have a few issues (as I do with any game). I hate that there isn’t transmog. I know it’s FPS, but I don’t like looking like a fucking clown! That needs to make first dlc. While I’ve gotten used to driving, and it improves a ton with better cars, it could be much much better. Too weighty at times and too much oversteer.

Have one really annoying bug where when I die, the game goes out of ultra wide cutting off my screen. I have to adjust it every time in settings. Annoying to be sure.

Cant think of much else, and can’t even comprehend the majority of the criticism I see around the game. To each his own, but for me and my gaming tastes, this is probably my favorite game since....? Not sure yet.

I will say with total certainty however, that they’ve managed to create the most remarkable game world I’ve ever seen or experienced and I can’t think of any game even close really. It’s astonishing and the detail and level of care put into it is off the charts.

The idea that people are wondering wtf cdpr have been doing the past 8 years seems insane to me. Drive through one zone, better yet just walk it. Quite frankly I’m amazed this game exists and hadn’t been in production 10 years with 5 studios working on it.
Just thought of the last game world that really consumed me like this and it was probably Morrowind. I was amazed at the time a world that big and detailed existed, as I am now in night city.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im just barely scratching the surface so far because I’m one of those insane ocd types where every stealth battle has to go just perfect and reload times are fairly slow (I’m gonna be playing this for a long time for sure), but I think the dialogue and characters in Witcher 3 were better overall, so far - and Witcher 3s story tugged me in a way this hasn’t. But as far as the gameworld just dripping with style and making me want to explore every little thing; there’s no comparison for me, Witcher 3 isn’t even on the same playing field as cyberpunk in that category.

hell on one of the first quests I got completely sidetracked while I was absorbed by the hilarious justads commercials that were chaining on a tv. The gritty techno consumerist hyper sexualized society that it takes place in is constantly front and center and makes it a far more fascinating , 11/10 game world , even if it is a 7/10 on rpg /storyelements (compared to 10/10 for Witcher 3)and 9/10 action.

not sure how I’ll feel about this game in a week or so but totally feels worth the purchase price from just one day

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone lost by the story? I have no idea what the fuck I am doing. Nothing really has explained the systems and I was in Act 1 in about 25 minutes. Did I miss something?