Cyberpunk 2077

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This game is literally Witcher 3, Skyrim, GTA V set in the future with amazing graphics and lighting. They fucking killed it, happy to see so many people playing
This feels more like Deus Ex auto Vampire Masquerade tinge all in one.
Now Kiss. That is the truth. Deus Ex Skyrim Brought to you by the Witcher 3 folks.

I was just playing through and had to stop for a few hours and research/soak up the systems. There is. just. SO. Much. here.

My minimap has disappeared in once I get out of the car and I can't seem to bring it back on the PS5.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol.

It really is basically Dues Ex + GTA V + Skyrim.

Its beautiful. I randomly stumbled upon a tranny looking person thing robbing some woman, I beat her to death with a baseball bat and made 237$ for my trouble.(Im talking about the woman, I shot the tranny in the head after I took the money)

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mine arrived (PS4 version), been installing it on the PS5 for like an hour and counting. Probably the longest install I've seen yet on a console.

The outer case says you can upgrade it to the PS5 version for free, with no fine print about that coming out later. Sounds like the PS5 version is already available...which it isn't. I assumed it wasn't and I'd just be getting minor enhancements on the PS4 version. Maybe that's what they mean? Their wording was confusing. Well, I'm starting it, but it's too bad the PS5 version isn't available at release.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Got barely into Act 2 and started just roaming the map doing side missions. Having a blast.
I do think there's something fundamentally broken with crafting clothing, though. Too many materials required, and no mod slots when crafted.

Also if you're a moron like me who was looking all over for a garage to change your vehicle, just hold down V.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't played too much with the crafting, but are you doing green/blue or higher clothing?

I'm thinking the way to approach it is find something you like and just level it up as you go. Not sure if you can get to legendary that way, however. So far I've only got a single purple, from the Maelstrom stuff.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ha going naked then turning on photo mode puts underwear on your character, mean while I am nude in my inventory screen most of the time no matter how often I swap armor and clothes.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Watched a lot of Giantwaffles playthrough, where he skipped 90% of side quests to just focus on main story. After his ending he felt disappointed with the game and gave it a 5/10, based on his experience with the main story and some bugs. I think playing just the main story probably is not how you would want to play this game to get the most fun out of it.

Exactly. Kinda like in Zelda: BOTW, you could immediately go to the castle and kill Ganon, but then you would miss out on the entire world that was created for the game. Seems this game took the same approach. Yeah, you could just do the main quest line and beat the game in around 20 hours, but why would you want to do that?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Exactly. Kinda like in Zelda: BOTW, you could immediately go to the castle and kill Ganon, but then you would miss out on the entire world that was created for the game. Seems this game took the same approach. Yeah, you could just do the main quest line and beat the game in around 20 hours, but why would you want to do that?

Reminds me of how you can win almost every Far Cry game in 15 minutes, as well. But why would you?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played too much with the crafting, but are you doing green/blue or higher clothing?
I've crafted some blue and purple clothing, neither had any mod slots (though dropped pieces do).
Weapons seem to have the correct slots though.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Replying to my own post, if you lose your HUD, just reload the game. It's a known issue and getting out and getting back in solves it. To be fixed in the next patch.

Edit: I was inadvertently following the main story. I just got off the rail and started finding "helping out" by finishing every fire fight I chanced across.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
On a 1080 monitor, a GTX 1070 should do fine with this on high, right? Seeing mixed results (but I think people having problems are playing on 1440). Might just wait, have been waiting to build a new rig until Nividia gets their shit together and the current bullshit with GFX cards is not so crazy.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
On a 1080 monitor, a GTX 1070 should do fine with this on high, right? Seeing mixed results (but I think people having problems are playing on 1440). Might just wait, have been waiting to build a new rig until Nividia gets their shit together and the current bullshit with GFX cards is not so crazy.

I am having no issues running it on Ultra at 1080p with a 1080ti so a 1070 should be able to handle high at 1080p I would think

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious if you thought the story was 5/10 based on the story?

Honestly game is probably a 7/10 just for fun to look around at the world. Everything else is a bonus.
He thought the main story was a bit dull and not very engaging. I personally found the portions that I watched to be a mix, there were some good dialogues, but also some long, dry ones. Watching Lirik play though has been quite different, and honestly more enjoyable. He is doing a lot of the sidequests, which really give the game some life.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

on med you'll get 40-50 fps - perfectly playable and looks great for me and i'm on a 1440 monitor

2nd playthrough i'll obviously wait for a new card

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep. 1060 here and it defaulted most things to high.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Skillup has an excellent though slightly spoilery review now . I think he nailed it on the issues with the game but how awesome it still is.
FYI - not sure if this is a common problem but my GeForce ‘experience’ was doing dick all on driver updating. When I finally realized it wasn’t updating to the newest drivers I went and manually downloaded em from nvidia. You need 460.79 to get dlss working (atleast in my case). Once I got dlss running , on my 2070 shit is buttery smooth at maxed out quality and 1080p, fuckin gorgeous game

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The fight quest:

I heard complaints about not being able to beat the twins in Kabuki. My body stat is 5 with no points in brawl and I just beat them first try. Once you hit one of the twins he backs off and the other comes in. You just have to trade them off.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The game has a lot going for it.

That said - pretty disappointed with the dialog and intricacies of what you can say, and effect of what you say. Most times I’ve seen in 8 hours of play, you’ve got like 2-3 things to say, but 1 or 2 are just flavor, and the last that continues the conversation on...you have no choice over to change anything.

I was hoping for something more like Bloodlines, or other RPGs where you’ve got like 7-8 choices for dialog with a lot going on. This feels pretty on rails in that regard. Fallout does dialog way better, for another example.

Also while the world is really vibrant and fun to look at, all the NPCs everywhere are pretty bland...there really isn’t that much going on you can interact with in any meaningful way.

The world feels much less alive than, say, RDR2 by quite a margin...it had so many people you can interact with in different ways tucked all over the place. I’ve spent hours walking around Cyberpunk and I’ve never see any interesting random thing going on or person to really do anything with. I’d say even the past couple of Deus Ex games had worlds that feel more “alive” than this.

The main quest is cool but it makes me wonder what they were doing for 8 years.

edit:

This guy pretty much nails a lot of things I was thinking. The loot is really annoying to me also.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone do a good comparison between ps5 and pc? Runs great on ps5. No input lag, hdr is awesome. Wondering what it’s like in 1440p Max with dlss and ray tracing. Haven’t bought the pc version yet on a double dip.

• 1Solidarity

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m only like 3 hours in, and there’s so much on the map, it makes my head hurt(in a good way). I just don’t even know where to start.