Cyberpunk 2077

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been playing this on console (PS4 Pro) with no real issues. I am not a PC snob so the graphics are fine for me with no lag, just some delayed texture loading at certain times.

The Good-
Immersion: This game does world immersion better than any game I have ever played other than ghosts of Tsushima.
Customization: This is the first character creator that had tons of options while still being simple and accessible.
Story: Rock solid cyberpunk plotline.
Voice Acting: Everyone I have run into has been top notch in the cast.
Options: So far nearly all missions have had a lot of different ways to tackle them, meaning you are not locked into any one playstyle at any point.
Animations: Best I have ever seen, even better than those in TLOU.
Easter Eggs: The game is loaded with them.
UI Integration: The entire interface is implemented in such a way that it is basically part of your cyborg readout which really pumps up the immersion. Plus its well laid out.

The Bad- (These are very nitpicky)
System: Some balance issues I think. Body is just the god stat of the game (gives you everything you want in stats regardless of build and a ton of must have perks) while stats like Int are just gate keepers. Also, as someone alluded to, hacking just trivializes the game. I watched my wife (who is going full on hacker) spoilt entire missions through camera hopping with absolutely zero risk to herself, which seems a bit broken.
Looter Shooter: I like the realism, but its just silly dragging around 18 guns and piles of junk that all ends up being vendor bait. Plus its tedious to grab it all.
Bullet Sponges: I am still early in the game, but its kind of dumb how you are better off just bum rushing people with a knife rather than trying to tactically shoot at them. Way too much gun sway, for one. For another thing, you actually end up taking more damage trying to trade shots from cover as well as it being vastly more time consuming.
Controls: Console peasant here, but even witcher 3 had target lock. The combat is very herky jerky, which is not helping the melee vs guns issue much.
Clown Clothing: The silly mismatched outfit shit you are constantly under due to the looter shooter drop rates is a bit jarring and breaks immersion.
Music: Boring and shitty.

The bads are mostly nitpicks and I still put this game up there with Witcher 3, but I will need to complete it and see some DLC add ins before deciding which is better. I think some refinements to this game and its easily in the greatest sandbox game of all time running.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Got to play this last night for about 2 hours. First impressions are that there is a lot of weird texture rendering on ps4 and a lot of non-game breaking bugs....but really enjoyable world/story/game play so far.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok just played a bit on PC. Nothing to really drive the differences but more pop in on PC for me initially. Graphics honestly on PS5 with OLED HDR make up for the textures. As well as frame rate (3700x 2070 Super, 32gb ram - Had everything maxed with DLSS and Raytracing on and current driver set hitting about 42 FPS)

Didn't go to night city yet though so I am guessing I would see a lot of differences there. I honestly feel like starting over on PS5 because I think I missed a lot of shit that explains the story better and I am one lost dude right now. I wasn't too far in so... Just wasn't impressed with how they lay out the systems and tutorials. I'll take my time next start and see what shakes out of it. I have all day today :)

Couch, plus buttery smooth frame rate on PS5, HDR, 65" OLED, makes up for the texture loss and Ray Tracing. Have a feeling when the patch hits it will scale it all down to 30 FPS quality anyway like they did with Spiderman and Morales. Now if quality mode with all that on would hit 60 FPS, that would be something worth talking about but so far none of the games out are hitting any of that in dynamic 4k on PS5.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Body is just the god stat of the game (gives you everything you want in stats regardless of build and a ton of must have perks) while stats like Int are just gate keepers. Also, as someone alluded to, hacking just trivializes the game. I watched my wife (who is going full on hacker) spoilt entire missions through camera hopping with absolutely zero risk to herself, which seems a bit broken.
As good as hacking is at the start, bullet time is waaaaaaay better if you're a pistol build--and those things are mutually exclusive since the Zetatech Sandevistan OS upgrades have no hacking ability. Don't make the mistake I did and put points in Int if you wanted that type of character... it's not just a gatekeeper in that case, it's a total waste of stat points which AFAIK are impossible to respec. For melee builds, the Berserk OS requires you to make the same tradeoff.

Body is a good stat overall, but if you sit down and read all the perks in the game it becomes obvious that Reflexes->Handguns is just insane. I overlooked Cool at first too, but with some investment the Cold Blood buff gets pretty crazy.

The only bug that I have got so far is that when I hold tab to scan things I get stuck in that mode and can't get out of it in game.
You sure you aren't hitting Caps Lock by accident? It works as a scan mode toggle, while Tab only scans as long as you hold it down.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
After watching the console version video, I’m glad I cancelled my preorder. I’ll wait until they make it not look like a crash bandicoot game from the ps1 era.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Regarding my previous issue with crafted clothing not having mod slots, at some point (not sure if it was character, stat, or skill level increase) the rare+ crafts started generating random slots and mod attachments. So it looks like crafting is in decent shape, although a bit expensive material-wise.

(Also this means you can save-scum crafting, if you don't like the attachment or random modifier just reload and craft again)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Do people forget how looting in Witcher 3 worked? So much useless shit. You get to a point that you only start looting legendary gear because there's much bullshit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's part of the tutorial I don't know how that could be a spoiler but some people. Yeah, its not Destiny, part for me at least of making the world feel real is that there is lots of stuff that drops. Elder Scrolls/Morrowind/Skyrim did this well, in that there were tons of items in the world you couldn't give a damn about but were part of world regardless. There is a perk that auto-shards junk, if only you could set that by rarity but there may some things that don't fit that just yet. Maybe for year 2.

What you describe feels very Ghost in the Shell to me. I still don't have the hacking stuff down at all. I am just doing it to learn and will hopefully figure it out so by the end of this run or the next I can really go all in on it.
Yeah, warning on that one. I found a piece of junk that was worth $850, but it was autojunked because you have no choice.

An annoyance, story related, after Clouds:

My vision got all wonky after the Clouds mission. I'm assuming this is on purpose as you're starting to lose it...but when does it go away? I'm basically only doing story missions now to try to get rid of it.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I do pretty much hate how all the clothes are just +armor in a random amount with seemingly no rhyme or reason in regards to what the clothing actually is. Extremely lazy itemization. Also guarantees your character looks like a complete retard unless you just ignore the numbers.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I do pretty much hate how all the clothes are just +armor in a random amount with seemingly no rhyme or reason in regards to what the clothing actually is. Extremely lazy itemization. Also guarantees your character looks like a complete retard unless you just ignore the numbers.
Yeah 1st cyberware I bought was the subdermal armor. I look like a crackhead atm.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just got past the title screen. That was badass and really pulled me in the story. I am just leveling up street cred now and opening up the playstyles really. Almost level 20 SC.

This character build system is way more complex than I initially thought. You are not locked into any playstyle but if you don't invest resources (stats, perks and money) into one it will just leave you gimped in all of them. Crafting and engineering perk trees seem pretty worthless. Nothing enhances tech weapon damage so I figure it must apply to the weapon archtype over the tech aspect (pistol/rifle/shotgun/etc).

Going through items and stuff I am seeing you can really tweek your character for like a solo terminator build that's immune to all status effects, can double jump and all kinds of shit. Or be a hacker that blows out enemies synapses instantly... it's awesome.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found the clothing/armor itemization OK so far. Im rocking an epic Bulletproof vest with a pair of rare shoes with a slot and some regular pants and it all looks pretty tight.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Been playing this on console (PS4 Pro) with no real issues. I am not a PC snob so the graphics are fine for me with no lag, just some delayed texture loading at certain times.

The Good-
Immersion: This game does world immersion better than any game I have ever played other than ghosts of Tsushima.
Customization: This is the first character creator that had tons of options while still being simple and accessible.
Story: Rock solid cyberpunk plotline.
Voice Acting: Everyone I have run into has been top notch in the cast.
Options: So far nearly all missions have had a lot of different ways to tackle them, meaning you are not locked into any one playstyle at any point.
Animations: Best I have ever seen, even better than those in TLOU.
Easter Eggs: The game is loaded with them.
UI Integration: The entire interface is implemented in such a way that it is basically part of your cyborg readout which really pumps up the immersion. Plus its well laid out.

The Bad- (These are very nitpicky)
System: Some balance issues I think. Body is just the god stat of the game (gives you everything you want in stats regardless of build and a ton of must have perks) while stats like Int are just gate keepers. Also, as someone alluded to, hacking just trivializes the game. I watched my wife (who is going full on hacker) spoilt entire missions through camera hopping with absolutely zero risk to herself, which seems a bit broken.
Looter Shooter: I like the realism, but its just silly dragging around 18 guns and piles of junk that all ends up being vendor bait. Plus its tedious to grab it all.
Bullet Sponges: I am still early in the game, but its kind of dumb how you are better off just bum rushing people with a knife rather than trying to tactically shoot at them. Way too much gun sway, for one. For another thing, you actually end up taking more damage trying to trade shots from cover as well as it being vastly more time consuming.
Controls: Console peasant here, but even witcher 3 had target lock. The combat is very herky jerky, which is not helping the melee vs guns issue much.
Clown Clothing: The silly mismatched outfit shit you are constantly under due to the looter shooter drop rates is a bit jarring and breaks immersion.
Music: Boring and shitty.

The bads are mostly nitpicks and I still put this game up there with Witcher 3, but I will need to complete it and see some DLC add ins before deciding which is better. I think some refinements to this game and its easily in the greatest sandbox game of all time running.
What is your wife doing? Camera hopping then using quickhacks to kill people and walking in when they're all dead?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I got home from working out of town kind of late last night and I made my woman stay up late to help me design my cyber cock. Both of us were really disappointed that the only options were Small, Default and Large. I told her I was going to make a dick that looked like the space needle, with little centipede-like dicks running down the side of it.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
After watching the console version video, I’m glad I cancelled my preorder. I’ll wait until they make it not look like a crash bandicoot game from the ps1 era.
PS5 is on par as far as I could tell initially. But I’m also old and blind. Buttery smooth on PS5. Can’t speak for ps pro and ps4. Quite honestly I booted it up on PC too with specs listed above. I’ll head to night city on PC as well to do a comparison there, but I’ll be damned if I could tell the difference. Obviously trading 27” gsync 1440p to 65” OLED HDR. Guaranteed 60 FPS compared to 30-40. Ray tracing probably shines out a lot more in night city than the opening area but I didn’t go that far yet before hopping on my couch and starting over.

Glad I did that now and taking my time. I missed a lot of written lore by not exploring the initial area.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What is your wife doing? Camera hopping then using quickhacks to kill people and walking in when they're all dead?
Yeah pretty much. She is not super experienced at shooters, so this is her thing. Meanwhile I am wasting time and reloading a lot because of all the bullet sponge enemies while their hackers light me on fire from cameras. I think she called me a meat cuck at one point....

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah pretty much. She is not super experienced at shooters, so this is her thing. Meanwhile I am wasting time and reloading a lot because of all the bullet sponge enemies while their hackers light me on fire from cameras. I think she called me a meat cuck at one point....
lol.

Is there any defense against quickhacks? There's some shit that fucks with your visual/blinds you kind of and it is super fucking annoying. I think once you get further down the body solo route you'd be immune to most status effects and have insane amounts of regen and brute strength. You'd just run around killing people in a few hits.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

bruce willis popsicle GIF

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuck steatlh, I go in guns blazing everywhere. Just realized there were talent points and attributes like 5 levels in due to how overwhelming everything is. There are some nice perks in there.

This game is exactly like Witcher 3 but in a different setting which is all I really wanted. Great story and tons of shit to interact with.

Also, has anyone seen Ciri yet? I know she has to be in here somewhere.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users