Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there any defense against quickhacks?
Take out their cameras with deactivate hack or just shoot them with a silenced pistol. Carry a tech gun so that when you start getting hacked in the middle of a firefight you can locate them and shoot through whatever cover they're hiding behind. Or if you can still use quickhacks yourself, hack them back with the daemon you get from Militech in Act 1 (the lethal version of Overheat).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fuck steatlh, I go in guns blazing everywhere. Just realized there were talent points and attributes like 5 levels in due to how overwhelming everything is. There are some nice perks in there.

This game is exactly like Witcher 3 but in a different setting which is all I really wanted. Great story and tons of shit to interact with.

Also, has anyone seen Ciri yet? I know she has to be in here somewhere.
I wanted to do this at first but on very hard you just fucking die.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
if you buy this at Gamestop for console you can trade it back in, opened, until saturday (tomorrow) for $59.99 trade credit. I'm trading mine back in today, it runs fine on PS5 and I enjoyed the hour I played but I just don't really feel like playing this right now, would rather wait to fix the bugs and load times and issues, get a real PS5 patch with RTX, etc.

It came with a neat cyberpunk medallion (GS exclusive) and a bunch of postcards and stickers in the case

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Congrats to Last of us 2 on game of the year.

I'll be in the Pantheon thread if you need me, hopefully it doesn't get SJWd too.

• 1Barf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As good as hacking is at the start, bullet time is waaaaaaay better if you're a pistol build--and those things are mutually exclusive since the Zetatech Sandevistan OS upgrades have no hacking ability. Don't make the mistake I did and put points in Int if you wanted that type of character... it's not just a gatekeeper in that case, it's a total waste of stat points which AFAIK are impossible to respec. For melee builds, the Berserk OS requires you to make the same tradeoff.

Body is a good stat overall, but if you sit down and read all the perks in the game it becomes obvious that Reflexes->Handguns is just insane. I overlooked Cool at first too, but with some investment the Cold Blood buff gets pretty crazy.

You sure you aren't hitting Caps Lock by accident? It works as a scan mode toggle, while Tab only scans as long as you hold it down.
Is bullet time a perk? I think I'm going for a pistol play through. Only got 7 perks so far though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is bullet time a perk? I think I'm going for a pistol play through. Only got 7 perks so far though.
No, it requires a cyberware mod that has a reflex requirement. I saw it in Vektor's shop. Expensive AF too (I am just past the title screen rn). You also need an similarly expensive cyberwar mod to use smart weapons. There's a whole mess of smart weapon mods you can't use without the SmartLink mod itself.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You also need an similarly expensive cyberwar mod to use smart weapons. There's a whole mess of smart weapon mods you can't use without the SmartLink mod itself.

You can get a free mod to use the weapons in a story mission, the more expensive one I think gives you better handling etc.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You can get a free smart weapon mod in a story mission, the more expensive one I think gives you better handling etc.
Oh. Whatever. I've abandoned the story for the time being. I'm just doing gigs and side shit.

• 1Solidarity

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
image0-19.jpg

What did they mean by this?

• 14Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 15 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are PC people here having crash / performance issues? I've had nothing but smooth sailing on XSeX but my friend on a PC with his fancy new vidjamacard refunded the game after it crashing constantly. He says reddit is full of such issues.

I haven't crashed at all. The only thing I have run into is visual bugs and audio bugs. Things floating and still hearing a radio or npc, even though you are way out of range and it combines with current area sounds, so gets kind of weird. They are not constant, like always there or happening everywhere, but it does on occasion.

I am also on a old ass 1070 and i5 6500. Basically everything is on medium with some of the things mentioned in this thread just off. My only complaint graphic wise is when I drive everything gets this granular/pixel look which can be a bit weird but only happens when I am going full speed down a street. And its probably my computer trying to keep up.

Vorph

For anyone with an outdated PC and not wanting to play it on console, I had great success playing it for 3-4 hours on Geforce Now yesterday. Even at primetime they didn't have any of the bandwidth problems I had with Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla recently. As far as settings go, I used mostly High preset (with eyecancer postprocessing effects all shut off), DLSS on Quality (didn't test the other settings, so it's possible Performance or even Ultra Performance would be better), and RTX set to medium. Framerate was stable at 60, only real downside is you're limited to 1080p.

Can confirm that FidelityFX CAS on variable works great on my own [AMD] PC too. It makes the image a little 'soft' but when I'm in combat I don't even notice the scaling kicking on (but I certainly notice if FPS drops when FidelityFX is off).

Last edited:

Vorph

It's an OS upgrade for your Cyberware, but that OS (and the Berserk one for melee V's) has no quickhacking ability at all. Legendary version has a little more than 50% uptime (and you can also get bullet time from sliding--that one is a perk) plus it gives a large crit chance bonus, so it's well worth it for a pistol build.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do pretty much hate how all the clothes are just +armor in a random amount with seemingly no rhyme or reason in regards to what the clothing actually is. Extremely lazy itemization. Also guarantees your character looks like a complete retard unless you just ignore the numbers.

I was upgrading armor I liked the look of to keep it comparable armor wise to drops. Haven't found out yet if you can add mod slots to looks you like. Which would mean you might be able to get some stuff close to drops by getting good armor and some cool mods.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's an OS upgrade for your Cyberware, but that OS (and the Berserk one for melee V's) has no quickhacking ability at all. Legendary version has a little more than 50% uptime (and you can also get bullet time from sliding) plus it gives a large crit chance bonus, so it's well worth it for a pistol build.
So can you still use Breach if you have that?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone with an outdated PC and not wanting to play it on console, I had great success playing it for 3-4 hours on Geforce Now yesterday. Even at primetime they didn't have any of the bandwidth problems I had with Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla recently. As far as settings go, I used mostly High preset (with eyecancer postprocessing effects all shut off), DLSS on Quality (didn't test the other settings, so it's possible Performance or even Ultra Performance would be better), and RTX set to medium. Framerate was stable at 60, only real downside is you're limited to 1080p.

Can confirm that FidelityFX CAS on variable works great on my own PC too. It makes the image a little 'soft' but when I'm in combat I don't even notice the scaling kicking on (but I certainly notice if FPS drops when FidelityFX is off).

I was going to try this, but I saw how much bandwith it uses and I am on a capped plan with other people in house using a good chunk of it(tv/movies/phones/tablets).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wasted a bunch of points on stealth. I rarely even have a chance to try it.

Quick hacking all the way. I bought a 15k upgrade to my OS so I have liek 13 RAM. Drops a few contagions, a few short circuits, and a few others and I can wipe an encounter from a mile away. Worse case they are all on deaths door and I run in with a shotty and just end them.

the damage buffs from the skill tree make hacking god tier in just a few levels of focus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users