Cyberpunk 2077

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would love for a transmog system and a way to customize your cars(at least color). Also do a bit more with your apartment. Sure you can put guns up in on the walls in the stash, but that's about it. I want a fishtank and other things i have seen in apartments.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like that money is hard to come by. As soon as a games currency becomes trivial and you have 100 million $ it really drags down the item system. When you are scraping for money, purchases are more consequential which leads to you having a different difficulty curve and experience. I was getting raped at around lvl 8 or so I had a kind of shitty blue pistol and a double barrel shotgun, I wasnt finding any good weapons and was struggling. Then I found an epic AR and sniper in the same building and it completely changed how I play. I can wreck even higher level enemies with ease now. The item system can be cluttered but it works in the sense of advancement IMO.

Money doesn't seem too hard, but also are not swimming in it. I have 180k atm, I have spent a ton on recipies(usually 5-10k each) and probably another 50-100k on crafting materials. I also barely vendor because i just disassemble everything when I get overweight. I do want the white super sports car(t0 match the black one I found in a cave) from the NPC and I also need to upgrade my cyberware. Atm I am trying to get purple quickhacks, because I need them to make legendary versions. Might just have to put a perk into crafting epic, which then use the rare versions I have to craft. Upgrading takes way more materials then it should though and it just grows exponentially higher the more you upgrade a piece.

I do though try to hit every access point and hack it for money and it basically has me swimming in quickhack components. I might start vendoring a bit more, as crafting clothes and weapons at higher tiers seems to rely on you getting the recipe to drop. I have found a few, but not a lot.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Don't get the Scrapper perk and you'll be fine on money. It auto-scraps expensive junk items into shit materials.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that money is hard to come by. As soon as a games currency becomes trivial and you have 100 million $ it really drags down the item system. When you are scraping for money, purchases are more consequential which leads to you having a different difficulty curve and experience. I was getting raped at around lvl 8 or so I had a kind of shitty blue pistol and a double barrel shotgun, I wasnt finding any good weapons and was struggling. Then I found an epic AR and sniper in the same building and it completely changed how I play. I can wreck even higher level enemies with ease now. The item system can be cluttered but it works in the sense of advancement IMO.
I just feel like I'd be good with a 2-3x multiplier on what is currently there. I think I'm level 18 or so now, and there have been a handful of money sinks that are required. I'm at $38k right now. I haven't been able to afford a bike. I was able to afford a few cybernetic upgrades 5 levels ago, but mostly I'm saving everything I get.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems pretty reasonable, and basically confirms my earlier suspicions. Will have another look in a year or so.

I think some of Mack's complaints are definitely legit. I complained about that shit with a new area and the phone ringing over and over.

It pissed me off today as I had two competing quests and so I have a side quest where I have no idea why I'm doing it.

Was doing the Denamian cab sidequests, and Wakako or whatever called me about some hit to do. I missed several lines because the quest I was actually on was giving me dialogue. So all I know is Wakako wants someone dead and I asked if he did it...but who the fuck knows the context?

I also have ran into a lot more bugs today. They're mostly visual, but they really do break immersion. And I then have to revisit their lead QA guy and the statement I mocked him for before release, about how he still hadn't finished the game. That seems unacceptable to me. It shows, too, because it seems like the further I get, the more shit starts breaking.

The first 10 hours were mostly bug free. The second 10 started to see them pop up here and there. Now as I work through hours 20-30, I'm seeing shit everywhere.

I'll also say the shine of the city has started wearing off. It's definitely beautiful, but every time I run up to a building it's a locked door. I remember them saying you'd be able to explore things like every floor of a building. Turns out, only specific buildings (maybe 3-5% of all of them), and it's only one floor (it'll railroad you to say, floor 9 and the lobby). It's basically a giant illusion. Or his example which I noticed in the very first building that V lives in...a restaurant you can't interact with.

Last edited:

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Hit my first major bug just now. Finished the 'Following the River' side quest and got an iconic revolver. But I can't stash it, disassemble it, or sell it, when I upgrade it to Legendary the Epic version doesn't go away. So can craft infinite legendary revolvers but can't remove them from inventory...

EDIT: Did a few missions and the Epic one can be stashed now, so I have 1 legendary and 1 epic... guess I'll re-craft it at the end of the game for a stat boost.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Hard mode Corpo playthrough + ending complete.

Restarting on very hard street kid w/ tits (and snatch) this time.

Easily game of the year for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
time for me to ask a stupid question, but i can't find the answer...
Tech Weapons say "can be charged to release a powerful shot"
I can't figure out how to do this charged shot at all, PC - Keyboard/Mouse
any help would be great :)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
time for me to ask a stupid question, but i can't find the answer...
Tech Weapons say "can be charged to release a powerful shot"
I can't figure out how to do this charged shot at all, PC - Keyboard/Mouse
any help would be great :)

hold down your fire button (lmb) then release

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seems pretty reasonable, and basically confirms my earlier suspicions. Will have another look in a year or so.

So as someone who hasnt played this and wont for probably a month or two the general consensus seems to be a good but underwhelming game. Which begs the question; where did the 7-8 years of development time go? It sounds like it really isnt more interactive or immersion than GTAV.

Surely they didnt waste a good chunk of the near decade long development getting this game to run on obsolete consoles...

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
the more I play the more I realize that it's not in the same league as rockstar games and much more comparable to ubisoft games.
Yeah that seems about right;

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
hold down your fire button (lmb) then release
click LMB - shoots 1 bullet, continue to hold it down.... nothing, release the LMB, nothing :/

edit: holding LMB works, just not for the gun i was trying - revolver (bug perhaps)

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
30 hour play through and I interacted with cops in the wild once or twice by accident. This isn't GTA who gives a flying shit about the cop AI?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
30 hour play through and I interacted with cops in the wild once or twice by accident. This isn't GTA who gives a flying shit about the cop AI?
25 hours and I just got the title, at level 13 with 100k in the bank: Too many side missions?

• 1Truth!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

If you’re going to have them at all, at least get them as right as 10+ year old games.

“Hurr, who cares if they half assed it.”

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If you’re going to have them at all, at least get them as right as 10+ year old games.

“Hurr, who cares if they half assed it.”
That doesn’t make any sense. GTA is literally built around evading and interacting with the cops while Cyberpunk has nothing to do with them. I found zero reason to interact with law enforcement outside of story context.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
That doesn’t make any sense. GTA is literally built around evading and interacting with the cops while Cyberpunk has nothing to do with them. I found zero reason to interact with law enforcement outside of story context.

Then why include them at all? Maybe people like doing things that aren’t “in the story context.” You know, because it was supposed to be a crazy advanced next gen open world.

• 1Picard

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Because the city has to have cops just like it has buildings, sidewalks, street lights, etc. They’re just not the focus of the game like they are in GTA.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users