Cyberpunk 2077

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You run away from them, at least I did it a few times they spawned in when I accidentally killed someone or whatever. And if not, reload your fucking game. This would be totally stupid if you could just go around and kill everyone or run everyone down indiscriminately or whatever without any consequences. (Like you do in GTA)

This is definitely no a perfect game and I dont think its meant to be a GTA clone, or at least I dont think it was meant to be. But its far from a bad one or they way some of you clowns are talking about it. I dont do many single player games but I bought this on a whim with all the hype and definitely not regretting it. Im about 30 hrs in and most of it is just fucking around doing side shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like that money is hard to come by. As soon as a games currency becomes trivial and you have 100 million $ it really drags down the item system. When you are scraping for money, purchases are more consequential which leads to you having a different difficulty curve and experience. I was getting raped at around lvl 8 or so I had a kind of shitty blue pistol and a double barrel shotgun, I wasnt finding any good weapons and was struggling. Then I found an epic AR and sniper in the same building and it completely changed how I play. I can wreck even higher level enemies with ease now. The item system can be cluttered but it works in the sense of advancement IMO.
Sure. But if you want to be a completionist IDK how you're going to get all the money to buy the increasingly expensive cars. I saw one that costs like $200k. I am an obsessive klepto in these kind of games and even I struggle to get $50k at a time. That I need to spend on Cyberware because the right implants for your playstyle don't drop nearly as often. I get cyberware drops here and there but not a single one is worthwhile for me. I have like 4 legendary body mob cyberwares that I can't even use.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because the city has to have cops just like it has buildings, sidewalks, street lights, etc. They’re just not the focus of the game like they are in GTA.
If you read the datapads laying around the NCPD are a privately owned corpo anyway. This game has a ton of lore in it. If you don't read what the game throws at you or are familiar with the cyberpunk universe in some way this can get really confusing.. Even reading Nueromancer would help a lot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I guess there is a race car out in the desert, in that cave by that place you went to to get revenge with that one bitch you help. Anyway I did go there but I saw no car, just an empty shipping crate where it usually is. Not sure if I missed something, but I did most of the shit in the dessert area save maybe a few side quests left.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Because the city has to have cops just like it has buildings, sidewalks, street lights, etc. They’re just not the focus of the game like they are in GTA.
Uhh that doesnt make any sense. If you have X in a game it should function like X as much as possible.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So as someone who hasnt played this and wont for probably a month or two the general consensus seems to be a good but underwhelming game. Which begs the question; where did the 7-8 years of development time go? It sounds like it really isnt more interactive or immersion than GTAV.

Surely they didnt waste a good chunk of the near decade long development getting this game to run on obsolete consoles...

Development didn't start in earnest until after Gwent standalone was released most likely. The teaser trailer in 2013 aside. They released Witcher 3 in 2015 and Gwent in 2017 or something? The odds are they didn't spend all of their resources developing until at minimum after Witcher 3 was out. But saying they were working hard on it does make the development clock tick anyway. Most of these major games take 5 years to develop.

Marketing and the suits got involved in the product and went all-in on hype unlike for the studio's previous titles. This is what we're left with. A diamond in the rough.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting on my tax return from March (fuck you IRS) to complete my PC build to play this.

Because of Bandwagon, I have a PS4 Pro but after seeing what it’s like at a coworkers house, holy fuck. Yikes dude. I’m kind of pissed I waited so long for this and it’s literally unplayable on my only method of doing so. Fuck man.

It’s all good though, when I finally get it on PC it will hopefully be patched up nicely and looking beautiful as fuck. Glad you guys with capable systems are enjoying it though, seems like it is quite divisive in some ways but every generation has a massively hyped game that fails some and is a masterpiece to others. Happens all the time. It’s all about managing your expectations, I think. I think I will definitely get my time and money worth out of this game once it’s actually playable. I am a little fucking salty though. I’ve been watching this shit since close to day 1 and it’s been a long road. Cheers to it being CDPR, because even with a bunch of problems, atleast we know they’re in it for the long haul and will address the issues and improve the game.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Exactly. There are basketballs but it's actual basketball gameplay is dogshit compared to NBA2k. 0/10 do not buy
Well, can you play basketball in 2077? Is there a basketball minigame in 2077?

Considering the nature of the game, police are a central aspect of it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Uhh that doesnt make any sense. If you have X in a game it should function like X as much as possible.
This is literally implicit design bias in the wild. Cops in GTA don't subcontract random mercs to stop crimes with lethal force just so they can gather evidence. Cops in GTA don't give you missions to enforce failure of rent payment on city property by killing all of them. The NCPD are just another Corpo in this game too. They're privately owned.

To me its fascinating because I've never observed it. In tech its mostly something that UX people fight with. Example being that there are tons of newer and more efficient UIs out there but people expect websites to work like X and get mad when Y is not like X. Even if Y was never meant to replace X. But they're the same because they're both websites.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
This is literally implicit design bias in the wild. Cops in GTA don't subcontract random mercs to stop crimes with lethal force just so they can gather evidence. Cops in GTA don't give you missions to enforce failure of rent payment on city property by killing all of them. The NCPD are just another Corpo in this game too. They're privately owned.

To me its fascinating because I've never observed it. In tech its mostly something that UX people fight with. Example being that there are tons of newer and more efficient UIs out there but people expect websites to work like X and get mad when Y is not like X. Even if Y was never meant to replace X. But they're the same because they're both websites.
Its about the "police" mechanic being utterly immersion and gameplay breaking. Just having them spawn right next to you as soon as you are hostile is incredibly poor design and destroys the idea you are playing in a living breathing city.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its about the "police" mechanic being utterly immersion and gameplay breaking. Just having them spawn right next to you as soon as you are hostile is incredibly poor design and destroys the idea you are playing in a living breathing city.
I've never had police on me once in 35 hours playing. Other than the one time a netrunner caught me hacking vending machines then I just ran away.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
click LMB - shoots 1 bullet, continue to hold it down.... nothing, release the LMB, nothing :/

edit: holding LMB works, just not for the gun i was trying - revolver (bug perhaps)

Tech weapons "charge" to puncture walls, not to increase bullet count or damage without the perks, and/or the charge modifier if it's present on the weapon. They are probably my favourite weapons right now. It's pretty fun to ping all the bad guys in an area, then just shoot them through the walls and floor/ceiling.

• 1Like

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking lulz and a half. This game doesn't even have the ability to remember what car was behind you 2 seconds ago for you to steal it.

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man am I happy that the police in this doesn't work like GTA. I was so sick of having police pursue me for 2 minutes every time I clipped a dude on the corner of the street. Last time police was fun in GTA was in GTA3.

Game runs great for me on my 2070 super, and haven't seen many bugs, none game-breaking. I'm loving it but I also wasn't very hyped, only decided to buy it after seeing Cohh play it. Game got a lot more fun once I bought a cool car.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man am I happy that the police in this doesn't work like GTA. I was so sick of having police pursue me for 2 minutes every time I clipped a dude on the corner of the street. Last time police was fun in GTA was in GTA3.

Game runs great for me on my 2070 super, and haven't seen many bugs, none game-breaking. I'm loving it but I also wasn't very hyped, only decided to buy it after seeing Cohh play it. Game got a lot more fun once I bought a cool car.
Cars are for fags. Samurai ride motorcycles.

1607945713024.png

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yes.

And fuck people for accepting this level of unfinished shit and thinking it's okay. These type of people have made gaming into what it is today, a shitfest of crap.
No. It's not 'these type of people' that caused the 'state' of gaming today. It's the size and complexity of today's games that has caused it. This isn't Frogger. It's not Arkanoid. This game was a significant project. If anything, they might have been a bit too ambitious with this game.

The question we need to ask is whether they're a good studio with a legitimate poor release, or a shit studio that never cared about pushing out shit releases and is doing so yet again.

I don't think anyone would argue with you if you said that the game wasn't as polished as it should have been. Or if certain things were...underwhelming. But I'm seeing two distinct reactions to this game: people who think this is an awesome game (the FOH Poopsocker 2020 award goes to Regime Regime for finishing it TWICE, LOL) and people who feel the exact opposite. To me, that means either you're hooked (and can ignore the game's faults) or you're simply not hooked (so all you're left with are the faults you can't ignore).

The TL;DR for me is that if half the people are enjoying the game, it's probably not remotely DOA and a lot of the issues people are having are going to be addressed.

We've been in the 'miracle patch' era for years now. Maybe even decades at this point. This isn't anything new.

Don't get me wrong...I love me a good Utnayan Utnayan rant, where developers and studios have their proverbial twigs and berries smashed in a car door repeatedly. But that's less because of a single bad release, and more because certain developers/studios are able to repeatedly shovel shit for games into the gaming space, and make bank for doing so. Repeatedly.

Do you really think that applies to CDprojekt? It's not like all their Witcher stuff was garbage, right? Is this indicative of a developer who regularly releases unfinished shit and just shrugs it off, or an instance of a good developer having a bad release and now needing to go back and make it right?

• 7Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users