Cyberpunk 2077

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Do you really think that applies to CDprojekt? It's not like all their Witcher stuff was garbage, right? Is this indicative of a developer who regularly releases unfinished shit and just shrugs it off, or an instance of a good developer having a bad release and now needing to go back and make it right?

Agreed - this isn't a case where a developer sucks. They kept trying to push the release out. Lots of factors in this one. Development started in 2013, morphed along the way, and then while some issues in development, still had to have this come out to work across 3 generations of consoles and PC and a streaming service in Stadia. If there is a team I know can fix issues, it would be CPDR. While Witcher 1 and 2 were there major releases, one can say this is reminiscent of a sophomore slump since Witcher 3 was really the only title that hit large mainstream for them.

If CDPR stated they were working on a new IP - we would still be excited - where as EA comes out and talks about a new Dragon Age and Mass Effect and we all roll our eyes and laugh our asses off. CDPR isn't EA. I think they will be just fine and will get things fixed in rapid order.

One thing that I think we should all be aware of is they aren't pulling an Insomniac with that BS Spiderman Remaster and charging for it. They are even going to go back to a 7 year old game and update it for free for the Witcher 3 and all it's content. (Most of which was free save the two expansions which were actual value added expacs)

And this game isn't even a bad actor compared to some of the shit we have seen shoveled. Name the last time a publisher offered an apology and refund requests outright with the hopes people would stick with them. These are good folks here and are up front. Give them a pass. :)

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I only have 15k in money lol. I paid back Ripperdoc and had to pay 15k to lady in Afterlife, and also bought an epic coat for 8k. Other than that I havent spent much money at all. This might be the most difficult game to make money in I have played in a while, but its just better. When u kill a drug addict on the street and he drops 112$ you are fucking PUMPED.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My biggest issue with the game aside from bugs and balance are the quests. Witcher 3 set the mark for some seriously high quality quests with meaningful moral decision that impacted the outcome. After 25 hours or so(act 2 only), I haven't seen a single memorable quest. It has a great story, with good characters...so not complaining on that front, but it lacks the moral ambiguity that a lot of quests had in Witcher 3, to me this is where Cyberpunk falls short.
I feel like we're playing different games. Denamian cabs, I Fought the Law (mayor), fire crotch guy...heck, I've spent at least 20 minutes talking with that Lumi fucker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I found the Jesse Cox quest in the game "Flaming Crotch Man" lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Also, just so you mongoloids know - the police AI "issues" (they aren't issues, that was by design btw), "I can't interact with every random person on the street!11!" (even though there are literally thousands of unique "pedestrians" and are meant to serve only as window dressing while moving from quest to quest) are arguing on the side of Resetera, Reddit, twitter et al. Congrats, you're officially liberal trannies. Remember, the people who agree with you here are the people who didn't want the game released at all, because muh tranny rights.

There are definitely issues with the game, like Gravel Gravel stated I'm getting more bugs now than I did the first 30 hours, but still nothing too distracting (did have a hard crash yesterday causing me to lose about 20 minutes of gameplay).

Springboks, cis alpha male list of things they need to improve/fix (only applies to me, not pleb PS4 users):

Transmog
Improved vehicle handling (though it gets markedly better with better vehicles)
Barbershop
General bug fixes
Improve Crafting
General economy fixes: I agree with Jozu Jozu about money being scarce generally being a good thing, but cars cost too much $$ vs $$ earned, plus all the cyberware stuff. 60 hours in I'm sitting at $250k but still haven't purchased double jump, gorilla arms, and most cars.
More customization - think this is definitely coming at some point, apartment, vehicle, etc.

This is an RPG FPS set in Cyberpunk universe. It isn't wide open sandbox GTA, it isn't fucking RDR2's tedium simulator (a game this very message board shit on for being too realistic, but is now using as a high watermark for FPS RPG's for some reason). It's cool to not like this game, different strokes and all that but get a fucking argument you didn't regurgitate from Reddit or just say "I wanted Cyberpunk GTA" and what I got was an FPS Witcher so I'm disappointed.

Oh yah, we’re criticizing the AI and countless other things wrong with this game because we’re siding with trannies.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
People sure do like to do some mental gymnastics to defend this game.

Not really. We can just tell the difference between good developers/publishers and shit companies and the patience goes to the good ones. CPDR is a good group of folks and deserve the patience, and no one has the right to bitch any longer anyway since they are offering refunds on original consoles through Dec 21st regardless of how much you played the game.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh yah, we’re criticizing the AI and countless other things wrong with this game because we’re siding with trannies.
"AI and COUNTLESS OTHER THINGS"

Go on then, make a cogent argument that isn't you cross posting bullshit from your Resetera account.

We get it, you're pissed at CDPR for fetishizing trannies

• 2Truth!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
...heck, I've spent at least 20 minutes talking with that Lumi fucker.

tenor.gif

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Snagged that submachine gun from the video last night... holy shit! Thing absolutely rips bosses

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Snagged that submachine gun from the video last night... holy shit! Thing absolutely rips bosses
I dont get this part. Whenever I did the cyberpsycho quest for the fixer I just shot them and it still said I left them unconscious. Bug?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's not entirely on purpose. It'll pop up on the map as a side quest, I'll forget it's him, and then I get there and am like...well, I guess I'll sit through this.

I'm hoping there's a payoff at some point.
Oh wait, I thought you meant the forum Lumi, LOL

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's not entirely on purpose. It'll pop up on the map as a side quest, I'll forget it's him, and then I get there and am like...well, I guess I'll sit through this.

I'm hoping there's a payoff at some point.
I've gone back and keep giving Lumi Lumi $$ and I think he's accepted me into his cult but it hasn't advanced past that. That NPC is actually Cohh Carnage

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I dont get this part. Whenever I did the cyberpsycho quest for the fixer I just shot them and it still said I left them unconscious. Bug?
Well, they go "unconscious" by getting their health to zero, but you can actually kill them by walking up to them while they are down and blasting them. I accidentally did it a few times until I realized they were just immobilized.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh I didnt know that. I just left them when they fell and dropped loots.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

PSA here. If you are relying on smart weapons only you will be completely fucked when you hit an act 2 boss. There is apparently cyberware that prevents them from targetting and if an enemy has it you cannot damage them with smart weapons. This almost completely fucked me.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
"AI and COUNTLESS OTHER THINGS"

Go on then, make a cogent argument that isn't you cross posting bullshit from your Resetera account.

We get it, you're pissed at CDPR for fetishizing trannies

Says the guy who made most of us aware of what resetera even was a month ago. 🤔

How have you known about that site so long? What have you been posting there?

Why go into false logic, anyway? You’re a bit emotional.

5FBAA68F-C7B5-400B-8327-9A61EA426E87.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
PSA here. If you are relying on smart weapons only you will be completely fucked when you hit an act 2 boss. There is apparently cyberware that prevents them from targetting and if an enemy has it you cannot damage them with smart weapons. This almost completely fucked me.
I'm a casual pleb and I don't think I'm too far into the game, but can someone confirm for me? I don't remember seeing anything about Act1/Act2 yet.

This is where I'm at:
I almost have $15,000 for Rogue, but haven't paid her yet. I just beat up Fingers the creeper ripper doc. I paid back Viktor the $20,000 already.