Cyberpunk 2077

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I turned it off last night after I did a side gig looking for a brain dance of a politicians 8 year old son being murdered.
Found a father / son duo that collected brain dances of little boys being raped and murdered. Smoked tjem instantly, saved the game and went to bed.
This wasn't the quest you guys were talking about "as long as you don't kill him right away", was it?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I turned it off last night after I did a side gig looking for a brain dance of a politicians 8 year old son being murdered.
Found a father / son duo that collected brain dances of little boys being raped and murdered. Smoked tjem instantly, saved the game and went to bed.
This wasn't the quest you guys were talking about "as long as you don't kill him right away", was it?

I shot the son, and listened to his dad cry his eyes out for a minute. Then I shot the father.

Being a bad guy, never felt so good.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I shot the son, and listened to his dad cry his eyes out for a minute. Then I shot the father.

Being a bad guy, never felt so good.
Damn.

I smoked them both the second they told me where the tape was. I should have waited a bit to hear him cry

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No not this one. You'll get a call from Wakada to go help someone get revenge for his murdered wife or something called Sinnerman. Do not kill the guy you track down and then follow through with the quest that happens after. You'll get an out from someone during it. Don't take it. See it through until the end.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the deal with smartguns? I never really used them much (prefer stealth with revolvers, but I decided to mess around with Skippy) and I'd say like 80% of the bullets just fly around randomly and never hit anything. Not sure if it's because I haven't done the quest associated with Skippy, even random mooks have anti-smartgun cyberware if you play on Hard, or smartguns just aren't as good as people are saying...

Edit: Nevermind, I looked up the quest and now I see that I fucked up by not choosing the 'wrong' mode for Skippy. Didn't think I'd already killed 50 dudes with the gun, but that must be what happened. So uh yeah...
anyone who hasn't gotten Skippy yet DO NOT pick the stone cold killer option if you want a really good iconic smartgun that auto-levels with you. Choose the puppy loving pacifist option, get 50 kills with the gimped mode, then he switches to stone cold killer mode permanently. Just don't give it back to Regina and you're all set.

If you don't use pistols or don't want a smartgun for some reason, choose headshot mode, get 50 easy kills, then do the quest and give him back to Regina for cash.

Still seems weird though. The targeting diamond is on their head, and when the bullets do hit it seems like headshot kills. It's just that the vast majority of the time the bullets fly off and don't hit anything at all. Plus the more I think about it, I'm pretty damn sure I don't have even close to 50 kills with the gun yet.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I use two weapons now: shotgun and knife. Maybe I can face stab the TERRIBLE ai out of these baddies.

My latest complaint: run should be default.

faille

Molten Core Raider
is there an auto run?

And yes, Shotguns are surprisingly effective. I tend to avoid them in most fps games but not minding them atm. The +dmg mods are stupidly powerful on them.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Update on the Plaguelording; Legendary Ping lets you quickhack any pinged enemies through walls. Haven't fired a gun in 10 hours of play time.
Nearing the end now, wrapping up side quests. I have enjoyed this a lot and look forward to bug/QOL fixes and DLC.

As powerful as crafting is, I wish they would've just disassociated clothing from armor.

At the very least there should be a lot more recipes in the game. When I first got to legendary gear at ~20hrs I looked like a fuckin mook for the next 30+ hrs. Now finally after exploring for random loot the last few days and savescumming for good rolls I can have slots for mods and look like a merc instead of a clown.
photomode_15122020_145432.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I'm a fan of shotguns. Flanking - and even running head on - enemies and blasting them is a very effective strategy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I use two weapons now: shotgun and knife. Maybe I can face stab the TERRIBLE ai out of these baddies.

My latest complaint: run should be default.
Is it just me or is hitting shift to run like hit and miss? I feel like sometimes i have to press it a couple times for it to take.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it just me or is hitting shift to run like hit and miss? I feel like sometimes i have to press it a couple times for it to take.

It can be weird. It also might be that it seems to be a toggle(just hit it once and you sprint until you stop/hit something/run out of stamina) and I treat like shooter sprint where I have to hold it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haven't had an issue with it not working, but there is a bug which makes you unable to run at all after getting out of a vehicle. Getting back in and then out again usually fixes it.

And yeah, run is a toggle whether you use shift on the keyboard or L3 on the gamepad.

Wish toggle crouch fucking worked
The vehicle-exit bug also makes it so you can't crouch, maybe this is what you're seeing? I haven't had any problems at all with toggle crouch besides that, and I do 90% of my killing in stealth.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game is absolutely stunning on new pc parts. Below, my super car, and my best friend, a deranged clown with a fucking grenade for a nose. These are unedited from my playthrough, using their absolutely brilliant photo mode.

photomode_15122020_141617.png

photomode_15122020_113048.png

photomode_15122020_132729.png

photomode_15122020_151514.png

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah the game really is gorgeous. I find myself just strolling the streets and taking it all in. Amazing amount of detail. And every neighborhood has its own vibe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This isn't really a spoiler. But I got a sidequest with someone named Lizzy Wizzy. It appears that V knows who this person is and from context I gathered that Lizzy Wizzy is like a popstar or some shit. Did this come up at any point? Because I don't even remember a datapad mentioning about her.