Cyberpunk 2077

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I've really only experienced a couple of "glitches", though it is PC. Like when the bartender was pouring a drink, the liquid in the bottle clipped through itself. Or when I murdered someone assaulting a civilian, I went around a corner and there were like 50 other pedestrians all ducking like they were kneeling to me, I run across the street and turn around and they've all disappeared. Or bumping into objects on tables causing them to get tossed across the room exactly like what happens in Skyrim or Fallout 4.

I've had one performance issue. Any time I look in the mirror, it turns into a slideshow. Or the scene where you're looking out a window and smashing your head against it while it's raining outside also causes a slideshow. Can't figure out what setting to drop to at least reduce that issue a bit.

Also, editing this file did make a pretty noticeable difference in performance.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config

memory_pool_budgets.csv

1608306729761.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Odd, my buddy from work said it has been unplayable for him on ps4.
I work with a super nerd geologist that's very similar to "The Sherminator" from American Pie. Just like how I can't stomach playing a game if I get even the tiniest little whiff of wokeness in it, apparently he can't stomach a playing a AAA game if there's a certain amount of bugs in it, even if he admits it's really fun. I just think it's idealism for some people.

It's not unplayable on PS4. It's just a Bethesda game that was written by CDPR.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I work with a super nerd geologist that's very similar to "The Sherminator" from American Pie. Just like how I can't stomach playing a game if I get even the tiniest little whiff of wokeness in it, apparently he can't stomach a playing a AAA game if there's a certain amount of bugs in it, even if he admits it's really fun. I just think it's idealism for some people.
Honestly, he did say he was most upset about the fact that he couldn't give his female character at least a 2 foot cock

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Honestly, he did say he was most upset about the fact that he couldn't give his female character at least a 2 foot cock
Me too, but I'm afraid to bring that up at work because the video game chat channel is full of anime lesbians and Portland/Seattle millennials. Pretty sure I'd have 12 rape charges before I even finished my avocado toast.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

It's not unplayable on PS4. It's just a Bethesda game that was written by CDPR.

i'd say it's closer to a mid beta ubisoft game

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm playing a stealth tank ninja assassin. Feels very satisfying to sneak up behind a guy, decapitate him, then beast charge from one target to the next while taking a bunch of bullets to the face.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of y'all gonna figure it out eventually. Mario Party stuff is great for consoles, sure, but...

• 2Moron

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know most of you guys here are PCMaster Race snobs, but honestly my wife and I are both playing this on PS4 with negligible issues. Some visual bugs and menu glitches? Sure. Nothing game ending bad like other AAA games have had. This is overblown shit pushed by PC elitists and Tranny agenda shills, imo. The only glitch free game I have played in years was Ghosts of Tsushima (would have to go back to Dark Souls 3 prior to that) and we have all slogged through and praised games with way more issues than this one. Or do people not remember basically every Bethesda game ever? Did everyone forget the shitty states W3 and XCom2 arrived in? A bunch of whining over nothing, really. This game is easily game of the year material for PS4, even in the state it is in.
I know Eurogamer is filled with SJWs, but so far that hasn't infected Digital Foundry yet. At least not to the point where they'd make up shit about how it performs on the PS4. The Pro runs at a max of 1188p with dynamic resolution scaling down as far as 900p. By comparison, 1188p is the minimum resolution of the X1X and its max is 1674p.

PS5 has no next gen features, so it just runs the Pro version with much less use of dynamic resolution and at 60fps instead of 30. XSX does have an extra mode setting that lets you choose between 1674p30 (with very little dynamic resolution downgrading) and 1080p60.

I do agree that all of this has been blown massively out of proportion unless you have one of the base consoles (or you're one of the unlucky ones whose PS4/5 crashes constantly). I'd laugh at people who bought it for those consoles expecting it to be playable, but CDPR did go full retard and make that promise even just a week or so before release. The Pro and X are basically running the game the way the base consoles ran games ported from PC before the upgraded models were released, which honestly shouldn't really be that much of a surprise to anyone. I don't remember exactly what resolution TW3 was on Xbone/PS4 at release, but the Xbone had super low resolution and unlocked framerate that ranged from about 28-40 (which is awful compared to just locking at 30) while the PS4 had a significantly higher (too high in fact) resolution but had massive fps drops all over the place all the way down to 20 fps.

I've read a couple theories on what CDPR's problem is, and the most credible one to me suggested that they still really have no idea what they're doing with consoles. They try to brute force everything like they're working on a PC, so their engine has none of the little tricks that console devs like Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, etc. use to squeeze every last bit of performance out of outdated hardware. AFAIK the game doesn't even attempt to use checkerboard rendering, which is the most basic of all those tricks.

Last edited:

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I feel like all the PS4 performance back-and-forth is ignoring the obvious; a lot of people have PS4s with a platter drive in them. Many resale market consoles from Ebay / Amazon / etc advertise an SSD but had their SSDs stripped out and replaced with the shitter baseline drive. I know because I bought a PS4 a year ago for FF7 Remake and had to send it back to the fucker, because I actually opened it up to check the drive.

Guarantee there are a ton of people out there who think they have a top-tier PS4/XBX but are running it with a laptop HDD from 2012.

Doesn't excuse the lack of transparency of course, but it could explain the range of experiences. On the internet though, shitty feedback always floats to the top.

CDPR should've just done a current-gen launch and pushed previous gen release out 6 months for more optimization. We could've had half a year of PCMR memes but instead we get this tainted well bullshit.

• 2Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game crashes on my PS5 about every hour or so, so I stopped until the next patch since I had Valhalla to finish anyways. I enjoyed the game a lot so I am looking forward to getting back to it, if I didn't have anything else to play I'd probably tolerate the crashes.

I do have a bunch of games to play so there's no rush to get back to it. It's most likely going to be the next thing I play, but I think I have stuff to keep me busy until their Jan and Feb larger patches if I wanted to.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's easy to say "They should have ignored previous gen and focused on current gen" but it's kind of hard to develop for a console that doesn't even exist when you first start creating the game. This game was in development a long ass time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know Eurogamer is filled with SJWs, but so far that hasn't infected Digital Foundry yet. At least not to the point where they'd make up shit about how it performs on the PS4. The Pro runs at a max of 1188p with dynamic resolution scaling down as far as 900p. By comparison, 1188p is the minimum resolution of the X1X and its max is 1674p.

PS5 has no next gen features, so it just runs the Pro version with much less use of dynamic resolution and at 60fps instead of 30. XSX does have an extra mode setting that lets you choose between 1674p30 (with very little dynamic resolution downgrading) and 1080p60.

I do agree that all of this has been blown massively out of proportion unless you have one of the base consoles (or you're one of the unlucky ones whose PS4/5 crashes constantly). I'd laugh at people who bought it for those consoles expecting it to be playable, but CDPR did go full retard and make that promise even just a week or so before release. The Pro and X are basically running the game the way the base consoles ran games ported from PC before the upgraded models were released, which honestly shouldn't really be that much of a surprise to anyone. I don't remember exactly what resolution TW3 was on Xbone/PS4 at release, but the Xbone had super low resolution and unlocked framerate that ranged from about 28-40 (which is awful compared to just locking at 30) while the PS4 had a significantly higher (too high in fact) resolution but had massive fps drops all over the place all the way down to 20 fps.

I've read a couple theories on what CDPR's problem is, and the most credible one to me suggested that they still really have no idea what they're doing with consoles. They try to brute force everything like they're working on a PC, so their engine has none of the little tricks that console devs like Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, etc. use to squeeze every last bit of performance out of outdated hardware. AFAIK the game doesn't even attempt to use checkerboard rendering, which is the most basic of all those tricks.
Great technical assessment, but the baseline fact is the game plays mostly fine and its fun. Maybe its my old man eyes, but I care a lot more about the game being playable and fun than pushing the envelope on graphics. I come back to the GoT example, because that game got a lot technically right and works well on console (SP has more experience in this area to be sure) but there is just way less to do in the world than there is in CP2077. I am fine letting bugs slide if the game is good (and honestly we all soldiered through FO3 for that same reason) if the core gameplay is fun and its playable. Considering I have 60 hours in on the PS4 Pro version, I believe it is playable. I can cope with one crash a night and some menu bugs because everything else is great in this game. I mean, compare it to RDR2 which had at least as many bugs, but looked gorgeous. The interface and random shit made that game unplayable at times and I never did make it past the into on a second play. I am pretty sure I will play this game again once I finish it this time around.

But you make a good point that they should consider absorbing a console team to handle that part of their development. I bet a lot of white male game programmers are about to become available LOL so they should maybe make a team for that purpose.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like all the PS4 performance back-and-forth is ignoring the obvious; a lot of people have PS4s with a platter drive in them. Many resale market consoles from Ebay / Amazon / etc advertise an SSD but had their SSDs stripped out and replaced with the shitter baseline drive. I know because I bought a PS4 a year ago for FF7 Remake and had to send it back to the fucker, because I actually opened it up to check the drive.

Guarantee there are a ton of people out there who think they have a top-tier PS4/XBX but are running it with a laptop HDD from 2012.

Doesn't excuse the lack of transparency of course, but it could explain the range of experiences. On the internet though, shitty feedback always floats to the top.

CDPR should've just done a current-gen launch and pushed previous gen release out 6 months for more optimization. We could've had half a year of PCMR memes but instead we get this tainted well bullshit.
First thing I did with all of my PS4s was replace the base HD with hybrid drives, which actually work rather well in either PS3s or PS4s. Immediate improvement and of course lots of storage space, depending on how much you spend. I gave one of our old ones to a friend recently and left them the hybrid drive when theirs got smoked from overheating and they were blown away at the difference in load times and overall performance. I would be interested to see how many of these people who complain about the PS4 version being "unplayable" are using referbs with standard platter drives or are not giving their consoles adequate cooling/airflow. My friend's PS4 was shoved in a tight shelf closed in with zero air circulation and literally caught fire LOL. Clean power is also a big deal, since the PS4s are extra sensitive to power spikes, but getting the average console peasant to shell out for a UPS is just not going to happen.

These precautions could well be why my wife and I have no issues with the game while other console users are having problems.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Funny how Sony delists the game that they obviously had no problem pushing through "Certification" - which now effects those that finally got a hold of a PS5 Digital console and are now fucked as it runs like a dream on that system. This has agenda written all over it. MS would be wise to not delist, hell even purchase CDPR at this point, and it would be a massive win over Sony.

I think Sony is getting a little too comfortable in the guest Bedroom and MS is waiting at the door outside with one of our favorite pizzas and a 6 pack of a favorite IPA.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Great technical assessment, but the baseline fact is the game plays mostly fine and its fun. Maybe its my old man eyes, but I care a lot more about the game being playable and fun than pushing the envelope on graphics. I come back to the GoT example, because that game got a lot technically right and works well on console (SP has more experience in this area to be sure) but there is just way less to do in the world than there is in CP2077. I am fine letting bugs slide if the game is good (and honestly we all soldiered through FO3 for that same reason) if the core gameplay is fun and its playable. Considering I have 60 hours in on the PS4 Pro version, I believe it is playable. I can cope with one crash a night and some menu bugs because everything else is great in this game. I mean, compare it to RDR2 which had at least as many bugs, but looked gorgeous. The interface and random shit made that game unplayable at times and I never did make it past the into on a second play. I am pretty sure I will play this game again once I finish it this time around.

But you make a good point that they should consider absorbing a console team to handle that part of their development. I bet a lot of white male game programmers are about to become available LOL so they should maybe make a team for that purpose.
Look at this fan boy. Just admit your fat ass is happy you can see the dick attached to your character's body in first person, something you can't do in real life.

Shit I've seen on this and the fact it was pulled from an entire platform is unacceptable

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny how Sony delists the game that they obviously had no problem pushing through "Certification" - which now effects those that finally got a hold of a PS5 Digital console and are now fucked as it runs like a dream on that system. This has agenda written all over it. MS would be wise to not delist, hell even purchase CDPR at this point, and it would be a massive win over Sony.

I think Sony is getting a little too comfortable in the guest Bedroom and MS is waiting at the door outside with one of our favorite pizzas and a 6 pack of a favorite IPA.
I still say the entire reason it was delisted was because Sony does not do refunds, period. They used to fight you even to get a refund on a preorder that hadn't been released yet (the fact that they charge your card before it is released is a whole separate level of bullshit too) and even now they still make it as much of a pain in the ass as possible and their reps say things like it's a 'one-time courtesy' even though I'm pretty sure that legally they have no choice, even in the US. Once the game is released, the moment you download it/unlock the preload is the end of any chance of a refund, even if you never launch the game. CDPR is trying to do the right thing and insisting on letting people get a refund if they want it, and Sony is going to push back against that as much as they possibly can, which results in the game getting delisted so that more people don't buy it and also end up refunding. The reason none of the other games people have mentioned releasing in a shit state were delisted was because neither Sony nor those games' publishers had any interest in offering refunds to anybody.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Bartmoss Collective quest is some troll ass shit. But cheeky fun trolling.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Look at this fan boy. Just admit your fat ass is happy you can see the dick attached to your character's body in first person, something you can't do in real life.

Shit I've seen on this and the fact it was pulled from an entire platform is unacceptable
Have you played it on a console or are you just edge lording it up in here? Pulling is unacceptable, but not for the reasons you are implying. I think a disclaimer and offer of refund would have been the idea strategy, but Sony is a pain in the ass to work with and their store has not improved in years. And yeah I do prefer consoles, because they make great streaming devices and can have four PS4s for what even a baseline gaming rig costs and have change left over for Mc Donalds and Margaritas while I fantasize about my own dick, or whatever you are going on about. Plus I don't have to dumb another grand into them on a yearly basis to keep pace. I used to like building gaming rigs, but these days my PC is for work and I got better shit to do.

Still does not change the fact that for the less picky/elitist the game is fine and enjoyable on the PS4 Pro. If a few people in here had not been blood belching vaginas about it I would have not even thought there was a real problem. After RDR2, XCom, and FO4 releases it seems practically polished by comparison.

PS - I can see my dick IRL too.... in the mirror.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I still say the entire reason it was delisted was because Sony does not do refunds, period. They used to fight you even to get a refund on a preorder that hadn't been released yet (the fact that they charge your card before it is released is a whole separate level of bullshit too) and even now they still make it as much of a pain in the ass as possible and their reps say things like it's a 'one-time courtesy' even though I'm pretty sure that legally they have no choice, even in the US. Once the game is released, the moment you download it/unlock the preload is the end of any chance of a refund, even if you never launch the game. CDPR is trying to do the right thing and insisting on letting people get a refund if they want it, and Sony is going to push back against that as much as they possibly can, which results in the game getting delisted so that more people don't buy it and also end up refunding. The reason none of the other games people have mentioned releasing in a shit state were delisted was because neither Sony nor those games' publishers had any interest in offering refunds to anybody.
Anyone who has dealt with the Sony Customer Service, especially the PS Store branch of it, can pretty much confirm what cunts they are, so this also seems the most likely scenario to me. Stupid overall meta move because between the Woke of Us 2 drama and not being able to play what is without a doubt the biggest title in half a decade, Sony is just handing customers to Microsoft. But a bunch of Japanese suits are thinking they can somehow outshitlord a bunch of polish guys, so here we are.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone dealing with a weird FPS cap sort of issue? I'm running on a 5800x and 3090 and the FPS just seems to....never change? It runs at 60-65fps at RTX ultra 1440p, or the same 60-65fps at low and 1080p. It's like vsync is on someplace, but I can't figure out where? UI claims all that shit is disabled, and I forced vsync off in the Nvidia panel, but something weird is still going on.

It's not a global issue either that I can tell, Path of Exile runs at like 250fps, Doom runs at 300+ etc.