Cyberpunk 2077

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
On a side note, some of these side quests are awesome in the way it’s presented. There was one I did where I had to get someone out of the net, and I wasn’t paying attention and unjacked her and the mission failed. Wait what? Reloaded the thing and looked at the Monitors by her PC which were blinking “lower my temperature!” And missed a syringe she left in her bathroom. That’s some good shit right there. In game communication on cosmetic displays. Wasn’t expecting that :)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
the blind devotion is pretty fucking hysterical. sitting the game for another 6 months to a year is what should have been done and the people who pushed it out the door are probable looking at some serious lawsuits from investors.

They also in the process clearly pissed Sony off which will end up haunting them for a long time

I’m the most unforgiving mother fucker on this forum. This game is a blast and I couldn’t give two shits about the cucks at Sony. Especially since those idiots are the same folks that certified the thing to begin with, which shows how idiotic that entire process is anyway. They are going to get their ass kicked by MS if they don’t shape up with this woke shit. It’s a fun game, plays awesome on PS5 and while it isn’t any where near GTA levels of immersion (being able to go on rides in the amusement park, play the arcade games, did more with the net on a PC, you know, those little touches that brings more to the table) it’s just fucking fun regardless.

CDPR will be fine.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to hear faggots defend a triple AAA game with 7 years of development more after those videos.
They’ve already been doing it since day one of release. That said it does have great bones, I’m just waiting to play it, even on my high-ish end PC. I don’t want to “ruin” by playing it in its current state. Will be more fun after 6 months to a year of patching.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're posting on a thread with mostly PC users who don't give a fuck about consoles. Prior gen consoles have a shit copy of the game? Boo Hoo, PC is fine idgaf if their budget bin consoles can't run a modern game worth a shit. They should have shitcanned the Xbox/PS4 versions of the game, but that doesn't take away from the fact the game is immersive and full of great content on systems that can run it.

Yes, the game has some bugs that need fixing. But tons of people on this forum suck Fallout: New Vegas' and Witcher 3's cock and have completely forgotten how fucking buggy those games were at release.

View attachment 324433
Don’t know anyone that doesn’t bring up New Vegas bugs. You can thank Bethesda and their bullshit engine and for pressuring obsidian to release.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
the blind devotion is pretty fucking hysterical. sitting the game for another 6 months to a year is what should have been done and the people who pushed it out the door are probable looking at some serious lawsuits from investors.

They also in the process clearly pissed Sony off which will end up haunting them for a long time

Pissed Sony off? So Sony isn't going to want a cut anymore from the massive sales that CDPR offers? I'm sure Sony would be cool with CDPR offering Xbox exclusives now since they're so pissed.

The refunds are likely being honored because CDPR agreed to it, not because Sony likes handing back money.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Im playing on pc. Given expectations and past performance, Its a sub par game with garbage ai, broken combat and mediocre story (especially the choice options). Pretty, but non-immersive world.

And you’re like, “goty!”

Lol
Lol

1608488186661.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to wonder, given CDPR is one of the last major indi studious out there, it the internet rage machine isn't being stoked by parties with a stake in cratering them. The woke crowd certainly want them to fail. I am pretty sure EA and Sony would love them to tank. I don't remember this much nerd angst over Mass Effect Andromeda, for one recent example, and even Trans of Us 2 did not get this kind of full court press. It would not surprise me at all to find out that Sony or especially EA are signal boosting this shit as a business move.

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Truth!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Blind Devotion.... fucking lol.

Game is fucking great, even with the issues. Plenty of people don’t enjoy it, fair fucks, but if that’s the case this entire genre probably isn’t for you.

They should have released pc only and pushed consoles another 6 months but I imagine they were ostensibly forced to release simultaneously on all systems. The management and board fucked over a really talented dev team, and it sucks.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Taking flaws into consideration, what tops this as GOTY? Maybe Ghosts of Tsushima I could see, but that TLOU2 shit was rigged shilling for the woke army. No one, not even the fans of that game think is a better game than GoT for one. Even the haters are playing this game nonstop and GoT is the only other game this year I remember getting that kind of cat-assing. Not trolling, I am just curious what would top this game from this past year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Taking flaws into consideration, what tops this as GOTY? Maybe Ghosts of Tsushima I could see, but that TLOU2 shit was rigged shilling for the woke army. No one, not even the fans of that game think is a better game than GoT for one. Even the haters are playing this game nonstop and GoT is the only other game this year I remember getting that kind of cat-assing. Not trolling, I am just curious what would top this game from this past year.
GoT was really great, but not better than this. Other than that, Hades was awesome, I liked Wasteland 3 a lot (talk about buggy af), maybe demons souls?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing it on PS4. Not ps4 pro, just baseline peasant version. Yes the graphics aren't so wonderful and there are goofy (read: non-existent) AI issues, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I don't know if I'd call it goty, even though we got kind of a crappy year of gaming for the most part (outside some gems like Hades and GoT) but it's definitely a game that I've got no problem recommending, especially if they have the PC specs for it. There are plenty of visual bugs... I had a random crowd NPC show up with no arms. And one time I crashed my car so hard it phased through the ground... Only the front half of the car was sticking out of the ground... But the more complicated the game, the more bugs you're going to get. We are well past the days of super Mario platformers being released in a perfect state, for good or for ill

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I have to wonder, given CDPR is one of the last major indi studious out there, it the internet rage machine isn't being stoked by parties with a stake in cratering them. The woke crowd certainly want them to fail. I am pretty sure EA and Sony would love them to tank. I don't remember this much nerd angst over Mass Effect Andromeda, for one recent example, and even Trans of Us 2 did not get this kind of full court press. It would not surprise me at all to find out that Sony or especially EA are signal boosting this shit as a business move.

I don't think it is a conspiracy, it is just normal Social Media overreaction combined with various factors

1) You have a segment of the population who REALLY oversold this game in their mind and the game not meeting those lofty expectations are mad
2) You have the "hate news gets money" population - Youtubers, Gaming Sites, etc. People made hundreds of thousands of dollars exploiting Fallout 76 rage and magnifying it 100x. A major AAA title is too juicy a target to ignore and an easy way to rake in those sweet, sweet ad dollars and get the Youtube algorithm to recommend more of their videos.
3) Memes - Everyone loves memes, so people jump on the "cyberpunk 2077 is buggy trash LUL" bandwagon and posts tons of memes on the topic. People who haven't even played the game see this and jump on the bandwagon as well (which feeds point#2).
4) As others have posted, PC gamers are used to bugs, console gamers less so. It doesn't forgive the bugs and they do need to fix them, but when you let consoles run the conversation, it becomes much more mainstream.

Honestly my main concern is all the REEEing from bandwagon shitheads is going to sabotage any long term plans to improve and expand upon the game

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it is a conspiracy, it is just normal Social Media overreaction combined with various factors

1) You have a segment of the population who REALLY oversold this game in their mind and the game not meeting those lofty expectations are mad
2) You have the "hate news gets money" population - Youtubers, Gaming Sites, etc. People made hundreds of thousands of dollars exploiting Fallout 76 rage and magnifying it 100x. A major AAA title is too juicy a target to ignore and an easy way to rake in those sweet, sweet ad dollars and get the Youtube algorithm to recommend more of their videos.
3) Memes - Everyone loves memes, so people jump on the "cyberpunk 2077 is buggy trash LUL" bandwagon and posts tons of memes on the topic. People who haven't even played the game see this and jump on the bandwagon as well (which feeds point#2).
4) As others have posted, PC gamers are used to bugs, console gamers less so. It doesn't forgive the bugs and they do need to fix them, but when you let consoles run the conversation, it becomes much more mainstream.

Honestly my main concern is all the REEEing from bandwagon shitheads is going to sabotage any long term plans to improve and expand upon the game

lol @ blaming the customers for this being oversold on the game

• 1Worf
  • 1Rimshot
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
hate news videos are so goddamn annoying. I made the mistake of clicking on one mildly amusing f76 bugs compilation and then my feed is all ‘developers DESTROYED’ ‘team EMBARASSED’ ‘LAYOFFS COMING’. Whoever put the YouTube algorithm in prioritizing caps lock needs to be massacred

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user