Cyberpunk 2077

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like we get it, games a buggy pos. It’s still fun as fuck. I dunno, I get it’s subjective , but I’m finding the story and writing and characters all very top notch; not half-life level but atleast in uncharted territory. It’s possible given how many options there are maybe some narratives shit the bed compared to others, but I’m digging mine so far and this is coming from someone who usually ignores video game storytelling as it sucks

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Like we get it, games a buggy pos. It’s still fun as fuck. I dunno, I get it’s subjective , but I’m finding the story and writing and characters all very top notch; not half-life level but atleast in uncharted territory. It’s possible given how many options there are maybe some narratives shit the bed compared to others, but I’m digging mine so far and this is coming from someone who usually ignores video game storytelling as it sucks

people are all or nothing with this - game is not a buggy pos on pc. It is fun. It's still not up to par with what was claimed, and with cpdr's reputation. It's fair to criticize the game because of it. Shit works both ways - social media outrage has changed the landscape but because it's out there you don't just get to handwave away the failings of this game because of "muh social media".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Absolute masterpiece I guess.

looking good.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
cohh nailed it? You agree with all this?

so game is in beta, not finished, we'll blame management, also this is still goty and the best game ever

this is where you're at right now
Agreed with it all save his GOTY opinion, I had more fun in this game at 90 hours than any other game I’ve played this year (several years actually). The game is outstanding even with the issues. It’s not perfect but what is? It’s still a deeply engaging, great story driven RPG with fun combat, awesome quests and the greatest city/world ever made in a game.

You continue to jump in here like Brando parroting absolute bullshit half of which is flat out untrue the other half just hyperbolic nonsense you’ve read on Twitter.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
hate news videos are so goddamn annoying. I made the mistake of clicking on one mildly amusing f76 bugs compilation and then my feed is all ‘developers DESTROYED’ ‘team EMBARASSED’ ‘LAYOFFS COMING’. Whoever put the YouTube algorithm in prioritizing caps lock needs to be massacred

Yeah it’s the same with looking up shit on Warzone or any other new shooter.

“THIS FUCKIN GUN IS INSANE!!! OP” with some up close pic of the guy screaming.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

View attachment 324460
How the fuck is that a 3080? I'm on a 1060 and this is just the first random NPC I loaded because I wanted to shit on this meme.

Untitled.png

Edit: And here's another, with Claire, who's basically a 3rd tier named NPC. (Edit 2: Putting my image in there with the meme, because this is bullshit).

looking good.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is easily the funnest game of 2020 I've played. Does it deserve GOTY nope. If there was no ps4/XBox port then it could probably take it. Are their bugs on the PC version? Yes, but nothing that was game breaking or anything for me. I had no crashes and only had to reload once when I seemingly got stuck hopping a highway and got caught on a guardrail or something. In fact most of the bugs were just lolworthy IMO.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 324460
Capture on left: Native resolution.
Capture on right: Game settings on Low and captured from YouTube 480p video.

Even if the right side was a screenshot from what it looks like on my PC, it's still apples-to-oranges comparing a scene Margaret Qualley did with face scans and mo-cap to a character that was just made to sort of look like Alanah Pierce in-engine from a still picture.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Capture on left: Native resolution.
Capture on right: Game settings on Low and captured from YouTube 480p video.

Even if the right side was a screenshot from what it looks like on my PC, it's still apples-to-oranges comparing a scene Margaret Qualley did with face scans and mo-cap to a character that was just made to sort of look like Alanah Pierce in-engine from a still picture.
See my screenshots above.

Ryzen 5 1600
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

Seems like all the people bitching about the graphics either haven't played the game at all and are just making shit up, or are console players.

My 4 year old, mid-range at the time PC, looks better than that dog shit.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Fired up to start playing again once the Vikings season ends here in about thirty minutes. Going to grab that car quest out in the badlands to start.

I’m not even thinking about doing main quests right now either. Side shit is awesome.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
unpopular opinion: if they opted for a smaller, simpler story but build solid sandbox and AI features with this setting and optic, they could have Skyrim-SF on their hands selling copies for the next decade and plattforms. But the current state can not be healed without rewriting half of the product. Of course they will fix the glitches and bugs, improve the performance but if you play through this for the second time you will see how shallow the whole shell is around the pretty bling bling.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Fired up to start playing again once the Vikings season ends here in about thirty minutes. Going to grab that car quest out in the badlands to start.

I’m not even thinking about doing main quests right now either. Side shit is awesome.

12 hours in now. I did the main quest up until it let me off the rails after doing the brain dance in the apartment. My quest has now been to go talk to Jackie (or optional, that corpo woman who lost her convoy) for 8-10 hours. I'm just running around doing side quests and events. Don't drive anywhere yet either other than if the side missions require it.

Bugs so far
- Visual (some parked cars halfway into the ground)
- Loot (in ground, can't pick it up)
- One NPC standing when they were dead
- Some erratic NPC movement. Especially noticeable around crosswalks.
- One time a quest NPC didn't load into the game (Jackie when you first exit the ripper chair). Did a reload and he spawned. Have noticed that saving just before an event and reloading can break it.

Probably going to stop playing once I exhaust side quests around the very first area. I don't really want to progress until I get a 3080 which I hope will get back in stock in January. I am really enjoying it, but want to enjoy it with RTX on and a smooth 60fps. My 1080gtx is struggling.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
unpopular opinion: if they opted for a smaller, simpler story but build solid sandbox and AI features with this setting and optic, they could have Skyrim-SF on their hands selling copies for the next decade and plattforms. But the current state can not be healed without rewriting half of the product. Of course they will fix the glitches and bugs, improve the performance but if you play through this for the second time you will see how shallow the whole shell is around the pretty bling bling.
Really? Half the product. The "shallow shell"? Not only is your opinion "unpopular", its uninformed. If you want to look at a thin shell, look at how thin the shell of actual society is around you and think what happened when Covid "slowed" down production of diet soda and toliet paper. This is video games, how deep do you think the shell of Skyrim was? FFS, Jackie and co were mad they couldnt play the arcade machine video games. *Newsflash* This isn't Skyrim-SF: You can't join a corp and become headmaster of Kang Tao and Pack Leader of the Bakkers, and Rumblemaster of the Valentinos, as well as Mayor of JapanTown. That's not this game, nor how the world of Cyberpunk 2077 works. You don't gain faction with fixers; you do jobs for them and get stuff for yourself. It's a narrative linear path with some varied endings based upon your choices. It's more Open World AC: Vahalla than it is Skyrim.

This is the hype counter-wave amplified by the fact people were expecting too much, that the game has a normal Bethesda-launch-level of bugs, and some people on spinning disk magnetic last gen consoles have poor performance. Sony pulling the game adds to the cacophony but doesn't change the fact that the game is, in fact good. 2020 is going to 2020 and lots of people still suck.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Death Stranding used the Decima game engine that already had years of development by Guerrilla Games.

Also that Cyberpunk NPC is a random. Compare main char NPCs next time.

You’re just triggering Kiroy 😂

i've had near zero issues with bugs in like 40 hours of gameplay. I'm disappointed in the world ai, story choice options, driving, combat (game is very easy after first few hours on hardest difficulty with almost every build) and a number of elements they claimed would be in the game but aren't. I look forward to improvements in these areas.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
(game is very easy after first few hours on hardest difficulty with almost every build)
This is my only serious issue with the game. Pick any weapon, whether it's melee, gun, cyberwear, or quickhack, and with even the slightest amount of theorycrafting you become an invincible god. Any differences between particular weapons comes down to whether it happens at L15 or L25. LMGs are probably the shittiest and least utilized gun type and I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't be terribly difficult.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is my only serious issue with the game. Pick any weapon, whether it's melee, gun, cyberwear, or quickhack, and with even the slightest amount of theorycrafting you become an invincible god. Any differences between particular weapons comes down to whether it happens at L15 or L25. LMGs are probably the shittiest and least utilized gun type and I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't be terribly difficult.
Whew yeah I dunno they are neither fun to use or outperform just my fists.