Cyberpunk 2077

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hotfix (1.0.6) went out about an hour ago to address the save file size limit issue.

1608770403173.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
Hotfix (1.0.6) went out about an hour ago to address the save file size limit issue.

That is sweet, even if they patched every other bug I still wouldn't get this game until that's patched.
If I go full autism with looting/crafting in a game I can't have the spectre of corrupted saves hanging over me.

c.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't really blame CDPR too much for the savefile thing though, you pretty much have to be duping massive amounts of shit to ever run into it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
It's hard to get motivated to play through again. Even though there's so many different endings so much of the game is the same I feel it'd be easier just watching them on YouTube. Throughout my play through with my crafting / whatever looked interesting at the time build, I kept thinking how I would build a proper char but the game turns so easy that I can't be bothered.

Absolutely got my moneys worth, in no small part due to buying it via Russia, and really enjoyed it but at this point I'd need more content to dive back in again.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It's hard to get motivated to play through again. Even though there's so many different endings so much of the game is the same I feel it'd be easier just watching them on YouTube.
I've been trying to avoid spoilers so not sure if this has been mentioned.
Silverhand beating the media guy to death while trying to rescue alt really pissed me off since I wasn't going to do that. I think it was a timer question you could have let lapse?

That and 2 other questlines kinda just made me sigh about the branching story marketing claims. I'm never surprised by the reality, just annoying as shit that every single company over sells their "choose your own adventure" story/dialogue options.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I've been trying to avoid spoilers so not sure if this has been mentioned.
Silverhand beating the media guy to death while trying to rescue alt really pissed me off since I wasn't going to do that. I think it was a timer question you could have let lapse?

That and 2 other questlines kinda just made me sigh about the branching story marketing claims. I'm never surprised by the reality, just annoying as shit that every single company over sells their "choose your own adventure" story/dialogue options.
I got angry as well but the point is these aren't choices to make: These are memories of what Johnny did that you are reliving. You get to play through/experience them in a neat color scheme
As the Relic re-writes your brain
but they are what already has happened, so no choice is involved. Although I am not there yet, it does seem like you can choose from multiple different approaches to the end of the story, although how much different they are, really, remains to be seen. The entire narrative set up seems to be very closed-ended, as opposed to the open-ended narrative this world screamed out to be, particularly since given how well some of these characters are written, people are going to want to revisit them in any future stories.

Edit: This world should have allowed, or should I say this game could have been a jumping off point for radically different experiences for players. Let someone play as a corpo and have one set of quests that allowed a 25 hour game in that world, and then a 25 hour game as a street kid/gang, and 25 hours of nomad play, with different inflection points along the way. That's what people like Jackie Treehorn and the reddit folks he quoted upthread thought they were getting. NC: Choose your own adventure.

That's the biggest revelation for me; It's not Skyrim but Deus Ex: HR/MD with a deceptively open world format, and you are just choosing the character wrapper for the story. But I don't know how many times you can do the same story over and over and over: It's always going to be the same story. V's is always going to have the same narrative, the same experience before the title screen, the same overall path through the world to the end, regardless of which of the three-ish paths you can choose from and variations your get based upon the choices you make on the journey along those paths.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Also, while the story gives you the choice of multiple endings (like Witcher), it seems pretty clear which ending will be the "official" ending for purposes of future expansions/DLCs.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game looks good on my machine and the story is actually interesting enough to pay attention to. However the game mechanics are run of the mill and the “AI” can be comical at times.

My chief issue is that the number of bugs is starting to become more than just a minor annoyance. It’s not like the game is chalked full of game breakers bugs...it’s more like a death from a thousand cuts. I mean I can only take so many disco trannies striking the Jesus pose before it starts to ruin the whole experience.

With that said I’m enjoying the hell out of the game and will definitely finish it. I may even give it a second run once some DLC comes out.

It feels like a rough cut but it’s fun.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
can't believe i had to return 2 unplayable games this year for ps4
039f73347badbd411f5aceb6364289e0.png

wife and i are still early in the game, shes not good w/ fps and i vomit after 30mins, so we're going slow lulz, up to the part where we find the hooker e something

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even trying to make the game challenging and playing on very hard it still feels like story mode.

Will have to check the mods in a few months and see what's out there.

The non physical damage I've noticed is just way too fucking high. SMG bullets will pewpew for like 10 damage each then it will proc burn and start doing hundreds of damage while they writhe in agony. Kinda silly to just spray till they catch fire or get poisoned

I also really wish this game was set in the SR universe. Maybe one day...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

wife and i are still early in the game, shes not good w/ fps and i vomit after 30mins, so we're going slow lulz, up to the part where we find the hooker e something
Have you guys tried Dance Dance Revolution? Youll prolly like it.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

One way I make the game challenging for myself is to try beat indoor missions using grab takedowns primarily and basic quick hacks like disable camera and stuff that distracts/blind enemies.

Even just focusing on perks that boost headshot crits and damage and so forth let me explode heads for 70k+ damage easy with a silenced revolver or Panam's sniper rifle (put 6 in body just to use it lol). The Widow Maker iconic gun is pretty good also (you find it inside the cave complex you visit during that Panam mission) - semi-auto precision tech rifle. Virtually no sway on full charge, making it easier to land charged shots through cover. Even hip firing the thing is accurate as fuck.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Guns that pierce cover do trivialize things a ton. The enemies can take a hit over and over, and not react or charge you.

Last edited:

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Wait for reviews next time?

Cybsled

Learned a trick off YouTube to cheese the boxing match quests, which can be really hard if you didn’t invest heavy in body/street brawling. Before the match starts, go into your inventory, highlight a melee weapon, then select drop. After the match starts, run to the melee weapon on the ground and press the equip button. You can now use the melee weapon in the fight. I had to use this to beat Rhino in the pit match lol. You died in like 1 or 2 hits from them and fists did barely any damage

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Widow Maker iconic gun is pretty good also (you find it inside the cave complex you visit during that Panam mission) - semi-auto precision tech rifle.
"Pretty good" is a massive understatement. It's a shotgun with zero spread and extreme range. Only downside to it is if you're running tech weapons, you should have Comrade's Hammer long before you can get Widowmaker.

I got thinking about a Tech weapons build, seems about the easiest to abuse even. Start as Corpo with 6 in Tech/Body and 4 in Int, grab Chaos from Royce, then you hit Tech 18 at L13, roll opening credits, grab Lizzie on the way to Arroyo to pick up the Comrade's Hammer, then complete main quest prereqs to where you can head out to the Badlands to meet Panam to get Widowmaker. After that do whatever you want, I'd probably go Body 6, Reflexes 18, Tech 20, Int 16, and Cool 11.