Cyberpunk 2077

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That kid seems like the type of tard that leaves amazingly bad product reviews. Look at any product on Newegg or Amazon with overall great reviews, then read the 1 star reviews, the very best of them got a DOA and are pissed but a lot of them could be mined for imbecilium.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got the legendary hacking deck, contrary to board advice here who seem to jizz over bullet time.
Bullet time is great, but my love for Sandevistan ended once I realized that with a stealth build you can just use Synaptic Accelerator (non-stealth can use Kerenzikov + Nano Relays) and you don't have to give up Breach Protocol for Mass Vuln., Big Sleep, etc.. That way you can invest in Int, but imo you should stop at 16 (needed for the crit chance and crit damage brain mods) if you want to maintain any sort of challenge in the game. If you take int all the way to 20 you unlock legendary quickhack crafting, then you craft Legendary Short Circuit and it's game over.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah whatever level of Short Circuit I have right now is positively ridiculous. I am one shotting everything with it and can pretty much spam it. Anything that survives gets a Synapse as a finisher. Its like you are not even playing the game and I am only INT 11 right now.

Jozu

Yea there seems to be a few different ways you can unbalance combat pretty quickly. People have already mentioned Mantis blades and how with the right skill/perc you can pretty much run through anything and anyone. Then you have quickhack monsters that have good quickhack drops along with some decent abilities and you rape like Phazael said. Then you have a hard sniper build, that if you get the right shit, and upgrade the Overwatch, it is just fucking stupid.

With all that said I try to recognize what is unfair/broken and not abuse it. I mean it is the games fault and we should be able to just max out what we want and still have a quality, meaningful combat experience, but until they fix i I just try to use other weapons/styles/approaches to combat in order to keep it fun.

At one point I was able to just craft 50 epic laser grenades in a few minutes for little cost and would just chuck 8-12 of them at a group of enemies and they all get destroyed. I layed off of it and now I just use them when things get hairy.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Yeah whatever level of Short Circuit I have right now is positively ridiculous. I am one shotting everything with it and can pretty much spam it. Anything that survives gets a Synapse as a finisher. Its like you are not even playing the game and I am only INT 11 right now.
Legendary quickhacks all have a passive effect you get just for loading them onto your deck; Short Circuit's is that it applies itself to anything you crit with your weapon. Same damage and effect as using it normally, with no internal cooldown or anything. Only thing it doesn't really work great with is shotguns and snipers, since it's not per-pellet and snipers fire too slowly (not that either of those weapons needs any extra damage anyway). Smart SMGs and ARs, especially the iconics that target multiple enemies automatically, are utterly ridiculous.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Legendary quickhacks all have a passive effect you get just for loading them onto your deck; Short Circuit's is that it applies itself to anything you crit with your weapon. Same damage and effect as using it normally, with no internal cooldown or anything. Only thing it doesn't really work great with is shotguns and snipers, since it's not per-pellet and snipers fire too slowly (not that either of those weapons needs any extra damage anyway). Smart SMGs and ARs, especially the iconics that target multiple enemies automatically, are utterly ridiculous.

fuckin... seriously? that sounds hilarious. think i'm at 14 or 15 int right now, the gunplay in this game isnt bad but im so spoiled by Doom and Destiny that everything else just feels clunky so i broken hax my way to victory.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah guns feel like trash going between this and Destiny so I'm happy to cheese combat in any way.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The guns are the least interesting/fun part. Hacks + Closecombat is where the fun is.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yea there seems to be a few different ways you can unbalance combat pretty quickly. People have already mentioned Mantis blades and how with the right skill/perc you can pretty much run through anything and anyone. Then you have quickhack monsters that have good quickhack drops along with some decent abilities and you rape like Phazael said. Then you have a hard sniper build, that if you get the right shit, and upgrade the Overwatch, it is just fucking stupid.

With all that said I try to recognize what is unfair/broken and not abuse it. I mean it is the games fault and we should be able to just max out what we want and still have a quality, meaningful combat experience, but until they fix i I just try to use other weapons/styles/approaches to combat in order to keep it fun.

At one point I was able to just craft 50 epic laser grenades in a few minutes for little cost and would just chuck 8-12 of them at a group of enemies and they all get destroyed. I layed off of it and now I just use them when things get hairy.
WTF is "quality, meaningful combat experience"? Is this a date? Does every time you massacre a group of outlaws/gangbangers/corpo thugs need to leave you fulfilled as a merc in a dystopian future city? Isn't there a difficulty level? I ask because I think I did this playthrough on normal or hard; what it is, I have no real desire to change at this point. What I dislike are the missions telling me to sneak somewhere. Bitch I didn't come here to sneak: I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I am all out of bubblegum. Stealth is not this game strong suit, nor is it my preferred play style.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Jozu

lol. Im talking about balance, the difficulty curve specifically.

A quality combat experience is being challenged by enemies and being rewarded for defeating more difficult enemies. If you are grossly OP and just fucking mow everything down, that isnt a quality experience IMO. If the game presents no challenge from a combat standpoint, it becomes a boring grind that requires no effort.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

WTF is "quality, meaningful combat experience"? Is this a date? Does every time you massacre a group of outlaws/gangbangers/corpo thugs need to leave you fulfilled as a merc in a dystopian future city? Isn't there a difficulty level?
I think he means that petty much any build type you can come up with will completely trivialize the game if you put any thought at all into the stats/skills/perks/gear you use. Difficulty is irrelevant other than maybe in act 1, you just kill everything in a few seconds whether you're playing on easy or very hard.

Not sure how they can ever balance stuff like Tech weapons or legendary Ping and Short Circuit though. Smart guns too, I suppose, though not to the same degree as those others.

Edit: This is the biggest problem I had with Witcher 3 as well. Once I learned how the combat systems worked, the last challenge I had in that game even on very hard Death March was fighting the White Orchard wraith at level 7.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Jozu

They need to nerf some of the quickhacks, or have them take up more ram. A lot more ram, so the player has to seek out ways to improve their max ram. Maybe add + ram to clothes etc.

And yes Vorph ty, thats what I meant.

Im not sure if a nerf like that just fixes the problem, but there are other more obvious things like the cost of epic grenades should be vastly more expensive as far as how many crafting materials. Same with consumables, etc. Fixing the difficulty of enemies is more tricky but to make them harder IMO would be to have them in certain categories, example, one guy in the gang does ridiculous ranged damage, so you have to avoid getting hit from range. The 2nd guy is fast and does a ton of melee damage if he gets close, etc.

That way you actually HAVE to put in some effort to take down a squad of enemies. Develop tactics. They do have enemies that fill those roles currently they just dont do anywhere near enough damage and suffer from terrible AI. This allows you to blatantly ignore all aspects of danger and just pick which weapon you feel like winning with.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
a431415.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Vorph

Weren't you shitting on smart pistols the other day? Or did you find one that was actually good?
The guns are fine, what's shit is the free smartlink tattoo you get at the start of act 2. (It can't target Tyger Claws.)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The guns are fine, what's shit is the free smartlink tattoo you get at the start of act 2. (It can't target Tyger Claws.)
You mean the free smartlink tattoo given to you by the Tiger Claws? lol

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
EDIT: That was meant for the MMA thread. Fucking Christmas drinking already kicking my ass

Last edited:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I think he means that petty much any build type you can come up with will completely trivialize the game if you put any thought at all into the stats/skills/perks/gear you use. Difficulty is irrelevant other than maybe in act 1, you just kill everything in a few seconds whether you're playing on easy or very hard.

Not sure how they can ever balance stuff like Tech weapons or legendary Ping and Short Circuit though. Smart guns too, I suppose, though not to the same degree as those others.

Edit: This is the biggest problem I had with Witcher 3 as well. Once I learned how the combat systems worked, the last challenge I had in that game even on very hard was fighting the White Orchard wraith at level 7.
I agree with you but even games like Dark Souls are trivial when you see people beating it on lvl 1 without taking hits (albiet requiring much more skill), their basically is no perfect system.