Cyberpunk 2077

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"You know that shitload of money we just made? It should ha ve been a shitload+1, WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!" - Sincerely, the Lawyers

Is this a good time to buy CDPR stock, since the Cyberpunk profits aren't baked into the price yet?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"essentially unplayable" is the most millennial argument I can think of. Yes there are lots of bugs, yes there are too many crashes (more than 0 is too many) but to claim that makes it unplayable is... Super whiny.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

That lawsuit translated: Hi, we attorneys want to make millions off this.

It's the legal equivalent of someone throwing themselves in front a moving car in the hopes they get to sue the driver for damages

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
was essentially unplayable on current-generation Xbox and PlayStation consoles
was virtually unplayable on the current-generation Xbox or Playstation systems

200.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Where are these fucks after Madden and FIFA releases? Think CDPR will win this one.

• 1Truth!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I have one gripe with Cyberpunk that started out rather small but it's becoming a gnawing issue: The in game adverts are way too repetitive. That "Bottoms up" sign for example is almost everywhere, they really didn't have time in 8 years to make like 25 or 100 more posters to break up the repetition? I also keep hearing the same 3 or 4 TV ads. "Taste the love!". Strong Idiocracy vibes, but I'm not sure it's what they were going for.
I totally get what you're saying, but it could also be worse. So much worse.

1608915330413.png

1608915388560.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There would be a better argument to make for the half generation of machines to never occur. PS4 Pro should have been a PS5 (developed and released 1-2 years later for tech advances) so the situation wouldn't have occurred in the first place. But that's a logic argument and not a legal one. 2012 hardware not able to run 2020 high end games without issues? You don't say....

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or Sony and MS could have just allowed Pro/X only releases. Nintendo did it with the "new" 3DS (and I'd bet the farm that they do the same when the Switch Pro or whatever finally happens) and barely anyone blinked an eye at that.

That said I've reached a point where Cyberpunk is nearly unplayable on my X1X. It's just about impossible to drive anywhere with crashing, like you're moving too fast and it keeps loading more and more stuff into memory and then boom. As long as I fast travel it's pretty much ok, but when you need to drive to unlock fast travel points it's game over.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
See this is the problem with the world now. Everything is an overreaction to everything. If someone knew nothing about this game and just browsing news/YouTube , they would think it was the next f76 or andromeda , or possibly worse than TLOU2. I personally liked fallout76 but that game wasn’t even in the same league with how unfinished it was

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy
I’m running 4 year old PC hardware (1080ti era)and the game runs fine at 2560x1440. ANYONE that thought this shit was gonna be tolerable on PS4/XB1 were delusional. CDPR should have never let it get to that point but the risk vs reward will probably still weigh in their favor long term.

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah let's take a 2021 game that brings current PC to their knees and release the game on 2008 consoles. I know they wanted to eek out the most amount of moneys out of this but this game should never have been released on last gen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wouldn't it being certified by MS / Sony negate the "unplayable" argument? Clearly those companies thought it was playable if they allowed it to be released on their consoles.

PS. Consoles suck dick

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wouldn't it being certified by MS / Sony negate the "unplayable" argument? Clearly those companies thought it was playable if they allowed it to be released on their consoles.

PS. Consoles suck dick
Sony and Microsoft probably insisted on the PS4 and Xbox compatibility.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider

PS. Consoles suck dick
As I understand it, the game didn't pass certification on PS4/Xbone, but CDPR essentially promised that the day-one patch would bring it up to snuff, so Sony and Microsoft gave it the pass. And the patch apparently did no such thing.

Hopefully this will serve as a little lesson for the console makers: Games should at least be able to pass certification without needing patches.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As I understand it, the game didn't pass certification on PS4/Xbone, but CDPR essentially promised that the day-one patch would bring it up to snuff, so Sony and Microsoft gave it the pass. And the patch apparently did no such thing.

Hopefully this will serve as a little lesson for the console makers: Games should at least be able to pass certification without needing patches.

If this is the case, which it probably is, cdpr just completely threw away a ton of trust with sony/xbox. Explains why sony reee'd out so hard. Some big players at sony probably got some major egg on their face from their executive officers. To be able to get your games certified on a promise is huge and to fuck that up is insane. Cdpr management should be replaced.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's clear the investors will make money from the game but it is also clear they will make money from the lawsuit. Gonna be hard to argue in court the game was fine when Sony pulls the game from the store and offers refunds beyond it's normal refund policy. It's a win/win for the investors