Cyberpunk 2077

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm in this boat. The first Witcher is a fucking awesome RPG.
The games that have the most common with the first Witcher are, weirdly enough, Gothic 1 and 2, I think. From the rather unique take on fantasy setting to strange combat system that is pain in the ass at first but is rather rewarding when mastered. Anyway, I fully recommend reading the Witcher books if they have been finally translated into english, because that's what the game is based on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems like making a massive map in a high-tech dystopian future game would be exponentially more work than for a fantasy game too. Especially if they are using the default Cyberpunk setting of Night City, even if it's set 50+ years later than the tabletop game.

Every time I see news about this game I feel like a 2017 release date is extremely optimistic on CDPR's part.

• 1Like

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Streaming dense environments like that takes some serious sorcery. I'm amazed at stuff like GTA that lets you haul ass around town in a fast car or even fly through on a chopper.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After Witcher 3, I'm on-board for this on day 1 whenever it comes out...they've earned that much.
smile.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
This game probably ain't coming out this year either, but some guy on youtube released 2 different lore videos consisting of things from the books that the game is supposed to take place in. Pretty good videos.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Apparently not coming this year, perhaps not even next year. Little video talking about it, based mostly on from developer interviews and financial statements. Supposed runtime for the development project is until June 2019.

The language augment sounds ambitious.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
CDPR can launch this in 2020 and I would still buy it. Sad of course that such a masterpiece took so long, because I want many of them in my life. I don't only love CDPR, I would marry CDPR.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
sadly, the less information, and the longer it takes, the more hopes and expectations will be applied to it, which it can never achieve.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The way that 3rd video talked about jacking into people's lives ala Strange Days makes me think VR is going to be incorporated and hopefully a must buy addition.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. TW series had a gameplan from the start, it had source material. Here, I'm not so sure that it does have the same kind'a thing.

When Androids Dream, Do They Dream Of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick has an almost eerily religious tone about it in the end, whereas Nueromancer doesn't. I'm not stating that the source material isn't there for them to draw from, I'm just wondering which it'll be.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you watched those videos it states that they have source material, not sure where you're getting the idea that they don't....

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, just spent 20-30 minutes watching those vids. Just sounds like "gangs bad in the combat zone" to me. It sounds as though they're trying to achieve something, but they seem to be going in the wrong direction. Instead of making something in the future, they are making something out of the past which is the wild west.

Also, would like my 20-30 minutes back.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's an entire book series and a board game that the game is based on, and those videos aren't done but those are a major focus in said books.

There is a lot of source material List of Cyberpunk 2020 books - Wikipedia

And yeah, I don't plan on hyping myself up too much over this game because it's likely still years away but I'm excited for anything CDPR does for sure.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users