Cyberpunk 2077

xzi

Mouthbreather
First post from their official twitter since 2013. It doesn't mean anything but it's still kind of exciting, hopefully more will be coming soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know what this means.
Means the game is at least not dead, so that's nice. Not much else, although they might start showing some more stuff later this year at conventions and what not. Still expect a 2020 release or so.

Caliane

Means the game is at least not dead, so that's nice. Not much else, although they might start showing some more stuff later this year at conventions and what not. Still expect a 2020 release or so.
beep obviously means they turned off life support.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
When I saw this back on the front page I was like
Andy ParksRec.gif

when I saw what the update was I was like
Shining_Jack-Nicholson.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Kinda shit wait but CDPR can do no wrong for me after the witcher series. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I love CDPR to death but sadly there's been a bunch of shit coming out lately about how poorly they treat their employees. Not sure how long they'll be able to keep around their talent if that is the case.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love CDPR to death but sadly there's been a bunch of shit coming out lately about how poorly they treat their employees. Not sure how long they'll be able to keep around their talent if that is the case.
Didn't they improve that over the years

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Im sure every game studio grinds their employees into the ground, also everything is shit in Poland.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Im sure every game studio grinds their employees into the ground, also everything is shit in Poland.

Yeah, as someone living in Poland this is common practice. Polish people have an incredible work ethic that was beaten into them during the Soviet Era. They work themselves to alcoholism. To depression. You should see them when we go out drinking. They get obliterated because they don't unwind during the week. They put in 12+ hour days every day.

Sad fact is they hardly get any work done. So much time is spent complaining, gossiping and ripping cigs. Work so hard, get so little done. Like a man chipping away at a stone wall with a pair of nail clippers.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This is the video that started it:

he did a follow up a while later that I haven't watched yet because it is so long.
not sure why this link isn't loading properly in the post -> This video

and this one is one of the more even handed videos I've seen as he includes Devs that defend the studio in the video as well
Video link

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, as someone living in Poland this is common practice. Polish people have an incredible work ethic that was beaten into them during the Soviet Era. They work themselves to alcoholism. To depression. You should see them when we go out drinking. They get obliterated because they don't unwind during the week. They put in 12+ hour days every day.

Sad fact is they hardly get any work done. So much time is spent complaining, gossiping and ripping cigs. Work so hard, get so little done. Like a man chipping away at a stone wall with a pair of nail clippers.
What's dumb is that's not unique to Poland, although that sounds like an extreme. There's a number of studies that have shown that working even 40 hour weeks ends up with less or worse work than shorter ones, like ~32-34 hour weeks. Companies don't care though because obviously those studies can't be right, they're just science but it FEELS like you have to grind your workers, right? :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Every game studio does this. They can do it because there are scores of people wanting to get in the industry.

These programmers could get a similar paying job in almost any other industry that is less stressful, but they put up with it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As someone who worked 80-90 hour weeks for months, this is the industry standard and I highly doubt CDProjekt does anything significantly different from any other game dev studio in the world.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What's dumb is that's not unique to Poland, although that sounds like an extreme. There's a number of studies that have shown that working even 40 hour weeks ends up with less or worse work than shorter ones, like ~32-34 hour weeks. Companies don't care though because obviously those studies can't be right, they're just science but it FEELS like you have to grind your workers, right? :p

I definitely agree that the more hours you have people work, the more time they'll spend trying to avoid as much work as possible.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
From what I've heard, I think Paradox Studios is the only major gaming studio that has a bearable work ethic, but even they throw it out the window around game/patch releases. In fact, from what I've heard, most software companies are like this, and more often than not the overtime isn't paid for, or is "part of your basic salary".

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
A lot of game developer studios are in a tough spot because they actually don't have massive cash reserves or stable flows of it, so they don't even have the option of being the good guys and just hiring more coders. Some (cough EA cough) are just corporate jackasses like the rest of the world though.