Cyberpunk 2077

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For a Cyberpunk game, this feels like marketing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Almost as ironic as pirates stealing Pirates of the Caribbean and threatening a release.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Streaming dense environments like that takes some serious sorcery. I'm amazed at stuff like GTA that lets you haul ass around town in a fast car or even fly through on a chopper.

Yeah, this game is gonna have to be played on PC. I did Witcher 3 on Xbox One and kinda regret that I did when looking at the PC videos.

In my defense, never played a Witcher game before and no idea how epic it would be.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mad Max's game world was pretty fucking huge but also largely not that fun, I'm not sure I see the point of this as a highlight if you don't know the quality of what's inside it :p

• 1Solidarity

Sulrn

Deuces
Mad Max's game world was pretty fucking huge but also largely not that fun, I'm not sure I see the point of this as a highlight if you don't know the quality of what's inside it :p

I was thinking the same thing. Bigger often means deader. Quite a few cyber punk games before this one with "large open worlds" that were mostly uninhabited or non-interactive.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This might be a rare first day purchase for me

I don't think I've done a first day purchase since gtav on 360

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It seems weird because I'd usually consider a cyberpunk world to be smaller by design. Cyberpunk generally means overcrowded city, and you make up for the lack of size by cramming a ton of interiors, verticality and increasing the density, rather than making it larger. Unless the larger is a general term to mean in terms of scope, rather than in actual size, which would be fine. But don't want a super large city if it means all the buildings are fake empty boxes with a nice shiny coat of textures on top and all the NPCs generic shitters and you have to drive your car for 5mins to go from a mission to another in a large empty "forest" where the trees happen to be textured with metal and stone.

Like I think one very detailed district of a large city is better than the full city assuming the same amount of detail goes in both, at least for this type of setting.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
A year ago they announced they were hiring staff with skill sets in vehicles. Considering they drive much faster than horses and from the only CGI from them, they show flying cars as well, I think it would be fair to assume that the world size would reflect that. So while Cyberpunks world is bigger, it might not take longer to travel from side to side on the map compared to The Witcher 3. Similarly, going between the "?" POIs on the map might not take longer either, so Cyberpunk might have at least as much content density as The Witcher 3 in terms of the time it takes to travel between the content.

However, I do hope that the cities have more content than the larger cities in The Witcher 3 for the reasons that Pyros mentioned above.

• 1Solidarity

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Considering they drive much faster than horses and from the only CGI from them, they show flying cars as well, I think it would be fair to assume that the world size would reflect that.

This was my thought on it. I'm more excited to see if they can pull off a destructible city though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess car travelling would make the larger size not as relevant, but then that kills the density and feel of a megalopolis which tends to be central for most cyberpunk universes. I mean in theory, you could travel by car within one super large city, but there's no way they can put any amount of detail in such a large area consistently, so you'd have large parts of the city being just roads with generic NPC and generic buildings and shit, and then one random quest appartment complex that can be explored in the middle, until you go back to the "quest hub" which would be the actual cool place.

I don't know, I guess we'll have to see but I don't think driving around fake city stuff is very interesting. I do trust them to be able to pull off some serious cool shit, I'm just curious how they're gonna do it. Anyway this game is like several years away so whatever.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If flying cars are a thing, then there is the off possibility that the entire game could take place in a single vertical mega city. The volume of the buildings interiors that are completed (loot/art/npcs) could easily be spoken about as being 4 times as large. Although, I could also see some kind of office simulator 9000 not being that fun, but flying cars will allow you to access buildings from windows/any floor I would assume. And makes an extremely tall city more viable. You'd also probably need jump/climbing tech/gear that would speed up the ways to navigate that kind of environment. Driving by empty unfinished buildings is exactly what GTA has been like for years though, so I'm not sure if they do it right how bad you'd feel by driving past a skyscraper placeholder....its sort of like running over a hill without anything more than it being a hill in the Witcher 3.

The bizarre thing about CDPR's success, is that they can continue to be ambitious as they would like with their games. Their biggest competitor to this scope of game is 100% themselves.

• 1Picard

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*FAP*

*If this is all true.

tumblr_n5qsimqt2D1qc3ju8o2_500.gif

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The catch is that there will be massive traffic jams meaning the cars will actually be slower than Witcher 3 horses :D

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If they control like the W3 horses then my car will decide to take a sidewalk during the auto drive feature and I'll kill 3 quest givers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Blade Runner reminded me of this game, apparently that guy put out another lore video. Still no news yet though (unsurprising)

• 1Solidarity