Cyberpunk 2077

Raes

Vyemm Raider
24 hours later and there isn't a Kotaku article complaining about the toxic masculinity of CDPR demo conflating brutality against women with sexual titilation? Really off their game right now.

Don't forget, after they killed the first boss, the companion dude calls the boss a pussy. Where's the outrage??

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I think they should give you an option to do either one, but that complaint is completely overshadowed by how goddamn awesome this looks.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I own all three Witcher games, love reading the Witcher stories, and have watched people LP the Witcher games, but I can't play any of them for more than 10 minutes because I just can't get to grips with the 3rd person perspective in combat. I just flail around like a drunken sailor. So if this game is 1st person, I'm buying it and playing the hell out of it. If it's 3rd person, I will probably buy it, flail around for 10 minutes, then go find a Twitch stream or YT Let's Player and have done. :(

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I own all three Witcher games, love reading the Witcher stories, and have watched people LP the Witcher games, but I can't play any of them for more than 10 minutes because I just can't get to grips with the 3rd person perspective in combat. I just flail around like a drunken sailor. So if this game is 1st person, I'm buying it and playing the hell out of it. If it's 3rd person, I will probably buy it, flail around for 10 minutes, then go find a Twitch stream or YT Let's Player and have done. :(

Have you tried them with a controller? I know it has helped others that can't quite come to grips with a third person view with KB&M. I think there's also a first person mod for W3, although I can't speak to its quality

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm... Just bought an X-Box One controller about a month ago. Might give it a try. Thanks for the heads up!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

This game is apparently fully first person (as he states in the gameplay trailer), however there seems to be a third person camera option for driving which is fine. The report from E3 that this game was first person was very good news to me. I replayed nearly all of GTA 5 in first person as well and found it to be a much more enjoyable experience.

TW3 I played fully with a controller. I felt it was way too "loose" with KB+M, much more enjoyable with a controller. Highly recommend trying that if you haven't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't call it ruined, but personally I would have much preferred third person and had assumed it would be since W3 was. And I do think the "immersion" reason is bullshit.

I've always hated first person, and the hand holding a weapon in the middle of my screen actually breaks my immersion, but that's just me. Still a day 1 purchase.

I think given cyberware is a pretty major thing a lot of the fancier cyberware make more sense to show in first person mode than third person. Given the setting it makes a fair amount of sense to do FPS mode for this game.

Goonsquad Officer
First person is for killin, third person is for cheesing your vision around corners.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I remember when I first played Morrowind, i almost didn't buy the game because of the first person view - what a mistake that would have been, as that has to be one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I prefer third typically, but think this lends itself well to first. VR GOOOOOOOOOO

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Here's my thing.

I like both types of games, but third person is not realistic whatsoever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When I first heard FPS I was on the fence about it, but after watching this latest demo I think they made the right choice.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One my friends messaged me upon watching the demo. "Did you see the smart gun? Finally an FPS even you can't fucking suck at!"

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
, as that has to be one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

606.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
One my friends messaged me upon watching the demo. "Did you see the smart gun? Finally an FPS even you can't fucking suck at!"

Borderlands 2 had a character build where bullets ricochet off walls to hit targets :D

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was not a fan of Witcher 3. Just wasn't my style as I really don't like narrative driven games (among other things). Watching this demo has me hyped, but I'm hoping it's more open ended. Meaning I liked the story of gangster dude wanting a robot and the chick going on a mission to get it, and all of the story beats that intertwined in said mission. I like that, but I really hope there is not some heavy handed "main mission" and I hope places respawn and repopulate. Someone already alluded to this, but I hope the itemization is deep enough to handle a world of this size and scope as well.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I was not a fan of Witcher 3. Just wasn't my style as I really don't like narrative driven games (among other things). Watching this demo has me hyped, but I'm hoping it's more open ended. Meaning I liked the story of gangster dude wanting a robot and the chick going on a mission to get it, and all of the story beats that intertwined in said mission. I like that, but I really hope there is not some heavy handed "main mission" and I hope places respawn and repopulate. Someone already alluded to this, but I hope the itemization is deep enough to handle a world of this size and scope as well.
It might have more open world opportunities (lol at the idea of witcher 3 not being open enough?) but I think you're going to be disappointed if you don't want an important main mission narrative.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

OmPDVVn.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

It will probably have a main mission, but hopefully it will be similar to Skyrim. I think that game nailed it on the head when it came to main missions in open ended games. You had to do, what? 2 hours of maim mission to unlock the full potential of your character, probably less if you bee-lined it (I'm talking about getting to High Hrothgar to learn the way of the shout). After that, you could do whatever you wanted. I had probably over 100 hours in Skyrim before I decided to "finish the game", which I did by cheating (god mode) and just bee-lined to the end just to see it. Playing normally I only ever got to the Thalmor Embassy quest, and since it bugged out for me at the time I just explored the world and did everything else. Good times.