Cyberpunk 2077

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm having a problem that I've never had before playing the game: I log in to the game just fine, see all of the videos at the beginning of the game just fine, but when I click on Resume, or Load Game, I get a blank screen. Can still hear the music, but the screen goes completely black. I've tried everything I can think of. I clicked on repair, I've clicked on update, I've checked my drivers, nothing seems to fix it. Is this something that is normal that I've just never run into before, or is this something new?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'm having a problem that I've never had before playing the game: I log in to the game just fine, see all of the videos at the beginning of the game just fine, but when I click on Resume, or Load Game, I get a blank screen. Can still hear the music, but the screen goes completely black. I've tried everything I can think of. I clicked on repair, I've clicked on update, I've checked my drivers, nothing seems to fix it. Is this something that is normal that I've just never run into before, or is this something new?

windowed or fullscreen mode? try the other setting whatever it is

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This game is a glitched mess. So many crashes, so many warping mobs, disembodied guns, etc. I was bearing with it because the setting really is astoundingly cool (I love Japantown, and the industrial park at night felt like the Midgar Upper Plate that I wish we'd gotten more of in FF7R). But after ten hours with about as many crashes, I stopped doing side content and just started beelining through the main story to get the game over with sooner. Near the end of the game now and had the game glitch out at the part where you wait for Takemura to call you (aka finish all of the main quests). I finished 'em, nothing. Tried a bunch of reloads and other fixes, nothing. Got ready to call Best Buy and find out how to get a refund when I found this:

Which solved my Takemura issue, in case anyone else has run / will run into the same problem. So the story is moving again, and I'll go ahead and do the last few missions and finish the game off. Definitely returning it like immediately after that though. Damn shame how this one turned out IMO.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried turning the monitor off and back on when the screen goes black?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just beat the game after 3 more hours of banging my head against it. One of the final missions, either Nocturne or Last Caress, kept glitching up where nothing would work and I'd have to reload an earlier save. Started that mission over four or five times. By the time I got to the very last chapter I just FF'd through most of it so I could be done. I'm sure I missed some really interesting stuff there at the end from what I did see, which is unfortunate, but I was pissed-off. Well, the ordeal is finally over.

There's a lot that I REALLY like about this game, but, man. It just didn't work for me, literally.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is still buggy for me on the PS5 to the point I just save whenever I complete a mission or am about to transition between zones. When it suddenly needs to load a bunch of assets while I'm running around it'll frequently just die on its arse.

Has there been any indication what they're working on at the minute? I'd really like to see the PS5 version of this not some last gen dialed-down version but have heard squat.

Jozu

Finally beat it. DId Rogue ending with saving Johnny. Kind of terrible ending.

I was trying to get the secret ending after I reloaded but it wouldnt work. 140 hours. One of greatest games of all time. A lot of disappointing elements but overall an awesome experience.

They could of made the game even better with more NPC partners, for instance, when you get a new awesome car, they should have a type of cutscene (in game like at beginning of parade mission) where licensed music plays and your NPC buddy is pumped before you drive by a nightclub with a bunch of hot women stare at your preem wheels. Just small things like that would make the game infinitely more engaging. They kind of did that once with jackie when you first go to Afterlife, and it felt awesome. After that nothing just go do this quests and stopping crime.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This game is a glitched mess. So many crashes, so many warping mobs, disembodied guns, etc. I was bearing with it because the setting really is astoundingly cool (I love Japantown, and the industrial park at night felt like the Midgar Upper Plate that I wish we'd gotten more of in FF7R). But after ten hours with about as many crashes, I stopped doing side content and just started beelining through the main story to get the game over with sooner. Near the end of the game now and had the game glitch out at the part where you wait for Takemura to call you (aka finish all of the main quests). I finished 'em, nothing. Tried a bunch of reloads and other fixes, nothing. Got ready to call Best Buy and find out how to get a refund when I found this:

Which solved my Takemura issue, in case anyone else has run / will run into the same problem. So the story is moving again, and I'll go ahead and do the last few missions and finish the game off. Definitely returning it like immediately after that though. Damn shame how this one turned out IMO.
I thought I was stuck on that one, but he called immediately after I finished the quest where you get your old car back.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i had to reinstall the game, i tried everything i googled

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Best ending is the nomad (call Panam for help) ending.

Anyways for secret ending, someone figured out the key elements to unlock it. When you go to the oilfield to find the grave, you have to select

guy who saved my life
No you fucked that up too (can’t let him off the hook)

Doing those, then doing the Rogue date unlock during the same quest and band side quests unlocks the ability to get the secret ending

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya I did too and couldn’t get the secret ending. I had made a manual save at the oilfield though to redo it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If I reinstall, do I lose my progress? Cause That would make me want to kill someone at GOG.
naw, your saves are in a windows10\users\documents\saves

blah blah folder, most games do that now

actally found the actual

%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
naw, your saves are in a windows10\users\documents\saves

blah blah folder, most games do that now

actally found the actual

%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Thanks for your help, brother! Appreciate it! I'll let you know later on tonight (or tomorrow) if this works. Last time I installed the game, took like 10 hours to install. My question is, if Project Red knows that this is an issue, why hasn't it been fixed? There are literally hundreds of posts online about the black screen, including several different posts and videos on how to fix it. Seems like this is a bug the company should be on top of.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks for your help, brother! Appreciate it! I'll let you know later on tonight (or tomorrow) if this works. Last time I installed the game, took like 10 hours to install. My question is, if Project Red knows that this is an issue, why hasn't it been fixed? There are literally hundreds of posts online about the black screen, including several different posts and videos on how to fix it. Seems like this is a bug the company should be on top of.
at the time i updated to the latest patch 1.04 and still no luck

it's just a glitchy shitty game... i was on a bike and drove head on into a truck... and thats it i'm stuck in a lampost and can't move or do anything...

Vorph

Did you try my suggestion? If your monitor is just losing sync like it is for me, cycling power will fix it right away. Happens about one out of every 4-5 times I load the game.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did you try my suggestion? If your monitor is just losing sync like it is for me, cycling power will fix it right away. Happens about one out of every 4-5 times I load the game.
you sure your cable doesn't just suck?

Vorph

you sure your cable doesn't just suck?
Yeah, I'm sure. Only happens with Cyberpunk, and I think I've narrowed it down to being related to having multiple displays connected.

Last edited: