Cyberpunk 2077

Cybsled

I looked up what the point of no return was, thankfully right after that mission, and realized that I had to stop doing the story and go back to side missions.

Game tells you what the point of no return is also, when you approach the elevator

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was sad by the end of the game honestly.

But I think this is true for every game with a combat element. Once you become overpowered and enemies are trivialized, the allure and enjoyment for the game vanish. Even in Cyberpunk, I would die to an enemy every now and then (1 shotted coming around a corner, died to explosion etc) but outside of that there was basically no challenge, even on the hardest setting.

Its awesome that as you progress you become stronger and start kicking ass. But at some point the difficulty must start to scale, or you add in some type of element that creates difficulty (a certain enemy that is resistant to a certain damage type, you losing a percentage of your overall health and damage due to a certain environmental hazard or item etc) Games like Demon Souls have somewhat figured out difficulty challenge curves in a way, but most FPS/action adventure games suffer from poor AI and easy as fuck enemies.

Doom was pretty challenging overall, Borderlands 3 could be a bitch sometimes depending on certain factors, but overall there arent many games that you can say were actually "hard". Back when I was a kid that was actually a thing. "That game is too fucking hard bro!". Now a days too many players are cry babies so developers are pussing out and making games more user friendly as a result. I beat fucking Sewer Shark for fucks sake, pretty much the hardest game EVER. I want a fucking challenge.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was sad by the end of the game honestly.

But I think this is true for every game with a combat element. Once you become overpowered and enemies are trivialized, the allure and enjoyment for the game vanish. Even in Cyberpunk, I would die to an enemy every now and then (1 shotted coming around a corner, died to explosion etc) but outside of that there was basically no challenge, even on the hardest setting.

Its awesome that as you progress you become stronger and start kicking ass. But at some point the difficulty must start to scale, or you add in some type of element that creates difficulty (a certain enemy that is resistant to a certain damage type, you losing a percentage of your overall health and damage due to a certain environmental hazard or item etc) Games like Demon Souls have somewhat figured out difficulty challenge curves in a way, but most FPS/action adventure games suffer from poor AI and easy as fuck enemies.

Doom was pretty challenging overall, Borderlands 3 could be a bitch sometimes depending on certain factors, but overall there arent many games that you can say were actually "hard". Back when I was a kid that was actually a thing. "That game is too fucking hard bro!". Now a days too many players are cry babies so developers are pussing out and making games more user friendly as a result. I beat fucking Sewer Shark for fucks sake, pretty much the hardest game EVER. I want a fucking challenge.
Witcher 3 was pretty easy too though

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Yea it was. Once you mastered how to dodge and got used to timing you could rape. Combat depth in witcher was much better than Cyberpunk though.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The shear number of easter eggs in this game has been wonderful, can really tell a lot of people who truly love some of our best pop culture through the decades worked their hearts out on this. So far I've run into The Office references NUMBER ONE SURGEON!, found a Terminator 2 reference in a random spill way with a wrecked semi, Blade Runner in a few spots. If you go to the Columbarium, they have memorials up for Jackie, Evelyn Parker, etc. and a bunch for different creators like Syd Mead and one for Roy Batty. I've seen a few different Matrix references, obviously all the red pill blue pill schtick, but also a clothing ad that plays out like the armory selection scene from the first Matrix, and I've run in to the deja vu cat's on the stairs toward the end of the game.

I'm sure I've missed quite a few as I've gone through, I need to sit down and watch an eater egg video at some point to figure out what I've missed out on. I've got about 200 hours in and am closing in on completion of my second play through, actually trying to do all the missions this go around.

• 1Like

Jozu

I want to get into my second playthrough but I just havent been able to do it. One of the reasons being my first playthrough was with a semi gimp character. I was a jack of all trades really, I just didnt put any points into cool, nor chose any of the perks in that tree. Point being, I was able to experience a wide array of different play styles. I had some shotgun perks, used rifles for a bit, dumped a bunch of points into pistols, maxed out crafting/tech and lvl'ed up blades. I also used Sniper rifle for a while when I got one from Panam, and wrecked more than a few enemies with quickhacks.

I tried so many different aspects of combat I dont really see how I would do anything novel in a 2nd playthrough. Blunt weapons and fists maybe? I also used Smart Weapons for a good stretch of time. Im not sure I could slog through again after 130 plus hours.

Maybe after they release mods of DLC.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So, after three days I FINALLY figured out the black screen issue. Turns out my last save file was corrupted, and all I had to do was load an earlier save. That was the email I got back from GOG after I couldn't fix the issue. Really fucking annoying that it took me 3 days of doing everything else I could think of, and that was the issue. Still pisses me off that this company KNOWS that this shit is happening, and are unwilling or incapable of fixing it.

Anyway, I did do the final Kerry mission when you blow up the yacht, but I don't think I did anything special to get it, just finished all of the other quests with him. He called me and told me to meet him at the docks. Also, I found a NPC in the game who can't be killed. I was doing one of the organized crime spots, and this cowboy with a shotgun was in the alley, fucking all these Valentino's up. I shot him seven times with my Comrade's Hammer, and his hit points didn't even budge. Tried Gorilla Arms (I'm glad I switched from Mantis Blades to Gorilla Arms, by the way. Way more fun), nothing. Tried my katana, nothing. Tried a smart gun, nada. Either dude is actually invincible, or I found another bug in the game.

Anyway, glad I can play again after 3 days of being locked out. Still having fun, but still finding really annoying bugs. I did 2 quests inside a club, and both fucking times I couldn't get out of the god damn door because all of the patrons were squatting down in front of the exit. I had to start killing them in order to get outside of the god damn club. Was hilarious, but frustrating at the same time.

Cybsled

I think the only level 50 enemies in the game are if you do the secret ending. Even with that, I was able to kill them no problem (although I did have to down a lot of health sprays lol)

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Random stuff happening when you're walking down the street: you hear a scream and a guy lands on the pavement, or a guy enters a car and it blows up.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Random stuff happening when you're walking down the street: you hear a scream and a guy lands on the pavement, or a guy enters a car and it blows up.

To be fair, you just described a couple of episodes of Ozark. So, it's not entirely immersion breaking if you consider NC is supposedly a much more violent city.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've witnessed a random jumper suicide a couple of times. Not sure if they are scripted, but I know the last time I saw one, I was double jump parkour city running in the city center area, and actually stood by the dude right before he evolved into raspberry jam. He didn't say anything, was there for maybe 20 seconds as I made my way to him, peered over the edge and stepped off within a couple of seconds of me getting right next to him. Makes me wonder if they are tied to anything in particular, or if they are left overs from a quest, or part of quest I haven't found. The game is so dense, and with all the bugs, sometimes it's hard to tell if some of this stuff is part of cut or incomplete content, or just part of the atmosphere of the city.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Do perks affect all kinds of that type of weapon? Meaning one that gives faster shot gun reloading affects power, tech, and smart shotguns?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I've witnessed a random jumper suicide a couple of times. Not sure if they are scripted, but I know the last time I saw one, I was double jump parkour city running in the city center area, and actually stood by the dude right before he evolved into raspberry jam. He didn't say anything, was there for maybe 20 seconds as I made my way to him, peered over the edge and stepped off within a couple of seconds of me getting right next to him. Makes me wonder if they are tied to anything in particular, or if they are left overs from a quest, or part of quest I haven't found. The game is so dense, and with all the bugs, sometimes it's hard to tell if some of this stuff is part of cut or incomplete content, or just part of the atmosphere of the city.

I had one jump from a building and land beside me, had I been a step to the left he would have landed on me. Wonder if that impact the game would have killed me?

Jozu

A fun and hilarious bug I found: You can shoot at and destroy cars and kill people without getting cops coming after you. It works best with the heavy machine gun that you can find every now and then, but if you destroy the car when its far away enough, you dont trigger cops. You can just keep doing it and its hilarious, as the person in the car is on fire but still driving. And the cars burnt out fiery husk continues driving along after its exploded, lmao.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I found my first game breaking bug. Out in the badlands, trying to get to the Rocky Ridge Ripper Doc, the entire camp is a glitch. No building, just pieces of the roof stuck in mid air. No one at the camp will interact with me. They are all frozen in place, most of them sitting on invisible furniture mid air. I've tried to reload, I've tried to leave and come back. Nothing will fix this problem. This bug is infuriating, as I want the legendary cyberware from him, the one that gives you all your health back when you're low every two minutes. I don't know how to fix this problem. This company needs to start fixing all these god damn bugs. The game has been out long enough, and made enough money, that a lot of these issues should've been fixed by now.

• 1Like