Cyberpunk 2077

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My Cyberpunk hype meter is bottomed out. I now give 0 fucks about fixes or new content. Thanks Valheim.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not gonna lie, I saved and quit before the final part and didn't go back. Started grinding EQ.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I never finish these types of games and got to about teh same point as I did in GTA V and just didn't feel compelled to finish, especially with all the issues.

• 1Like

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Twitch shilling has made all this type of stuff 10x worse. You have these shit, unfinished, buggy games get shilled to shit on twitch by streamers and their stupid hordes of brain dead NPCs eat it up without a second thought, and defend it to death.
And what makes it worse is that these streamers don't want to say anything negative, or if they do they down play it, about the game so they don't burn any bridges ( although you cant really blame them for that, don't shit where you eat. )
Shit is getting out of hand.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Twitch streamers just played the game if they liked it. The big test is does a streamer play a game outside of any sponsored time?

Again the game is good, people are just doing the hate train shit like they did with Fallout 76 because everyone bandwagons this shit instead of forming their own opinions after playing the game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
The big test is does a streamer play a game outside of any sponsored time?
It's like that Blippi guy who does kids shows on YouTube but hates kids in real life. Most streamers are not genuine, they are opportunist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They’re trying to make money as a job. That’s why lots of non-variety streamers get trapped in an abusive relationship with a game they hate, because playing anything outside that game causes them to lose viewers.

Shroud for instance loves playing grindy MMO stuff, but gets shit views vs FPS stuff, so he doesn’t stream that stuff as much

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got my value from the game. I played it for plenty of hours, finished it, and enjoyed most of it. It certainly had its issues. It does show what is possible if a company had the time and willingness to implement it. As it appears that nothing is being done for this game, I doubt I will play it again.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't say nothing is being done for the game. It's more of a matter of time. But I'm in the same boat. Waiting until this game's final 'DLC" drops. At that point I'm hoping most bugs will be eliminated.

For me, what really stood out was the lack of a figurehead for the game, and the studio's scope creep. They're not a huge studio, relatively speaking, and have multiple IP's ongoing. If you look at our very successful single player IP's, for instance, the OG Mass Effect Trilogy, God of War, Last of Us, GTA, let's even throw in the CoD games. The one thing they all have in common (to me) is that those studios are focusing on one game, and each of those studios had a legitimate game director guiding the trajectory of it. I can't tell you who the director for Cyberpunk is, and I dont want to blindly say he or she is incompetent, because who knows how many other ancillary tasks unrelated to CP the person ended up being involved in. I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that they're trying to spin too many plates. Should've been all hands on deck for CP after Witcher 3 was done with Blood & Wine. Not Cyberpunk + Gwent + New IPs

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't say nothing is being done for the game. It's more of a matter of time. But I'm in the same boat. Waiting until this game's final 'DLC" drops. At that point I'm hoping most bugs will be eliminated.

For me, what really stood out was the lack of a figurehead for the game, and the studio's scope creep. They're not a huge studio, relatively speaking, and have multiple IP's ongoing. If you look at our very successful single player IP's, for instance, the OG Mass Effect Trilogy, God of War, Last of Us, GTA, let's even throw in the CoD games. The one thing they all have in common (to me) is that those studios are focusing on one game, and each of those studios had a legitimate game director guiding the trajectory of it. I can't tell you who the director for Cyberpunk is, and I dont want to blindly say he or she is incompetent, because who knows how many other ancillary tasks unrelated to CP the person ended up being involved in. I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that they're trying to spin too many plates. Should've been all hands on deck for CP after Witcher 3 was done with Blood & Wine. Not Cyberpunk + Gwent + New IPs
Didn’t they have almost 350 people working on CP2077? That seems huge to me...

I’ve played good games that have like 10 and less. Not this ambitious of course but 350...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't get people hating on this game. I sunk close to 80 hours into it, and definitely feel like I got my money's worth. Is it the greatest game ever? Certainly not, but it also isn't the worst. The graphics are gorgeous (if you're not trying to run it on a console like a retard), and the story is your typical sci-fi take on the evils of big corporation, but it works and is at times compelling. Obviously, the game wasn't finished when it launched, as you could tell large portions of the city and its surroundings weren't completely fleshed out, but there is still a shit ton to do in the game, so much so that you could play the game for weeks, even months on end without even doing the main quest line. There were numerous bugs, and some were annoying, but nothing that I felt was game breaking. I'm looking forward to spending more time in Night City as soon as they release a DLC.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get people hating on this game. I sunk close to 80 hours into it, and definitely feel like I got my money's worth. Is it the greatest game ever? Certainly not, but it also isn't the worst. The graphics are gorgeous (if you're not trying to run it on a console like a retard), and the story is your typical sci-fi take on the evils of big corporation, but it works and is at times compelling. Obviously, the game wasn't finished when it launched, as you could tell large portions of the city and its surroundings weren't completely fleshed out, but there is still a shit ton to do in the game, so much so that you could play the game for weeks, even months on end without even doing the main quest line. There were numerous bugs, and some were annoying, but nothing that I felt was game breaking. I'm looking forward to spending more time in Night City as soon as they release a DLC.
Because we’ve all been burnt by releasing early/not ready in the past. It’s bullshit and shouldn’t happen, especially for a company this size. People have a right to be angry buying such a buggy product. They did a tremendous amount of damage to their name by doing it. If this would have been big free (or as close to bug free as a solid game gets) there would be nothing but praise.

I still haven’t touched it. Waiting on bug fixes first. I’m really surprised at how slow they’ve been addressing issues. I know they got hacked and lost a couple weeks but it has been over three months with only one patch that I’ve read about. Even small studios release hot fixes in a timely manner. Wtf is going on?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm feeling like this is the new No Man's Sky. An absolute pile of overhyped and overpromised horseshit on release but has devs who are determined to make it work. I think eventually when the complete version with all the dlc's is released, it's gonna be a great first time experience for the people who waited. Visually, gameplay and feature wise. Not to mention having a new rig with 4080 or 5080 to really max the crap out of it. I can't wait to see all the dicks

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No Man's Sky wasn't even a game when it released.

You people are fucking retarded.

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Because we’ve all been burnt by releasing early/not ready in the past. It’s bullshit and shouldn’t happen, especially for a company this size. People have a right to be angry buying such a buggy product. They did a tremendous amount of damage to their name by doing it. If this would have been big free (or as close to bug free as a solid game gets) there would be nothing but praise.

I still haven’t touched it. Waiting on bug fixes first. I’m really surprised at how slow they’ve been addressing issues. I know they got hacked and lost a couple weeks but it has been over three months with only one patch that I’ve read about. Even small studios release hot fixes in a timely manner. Wtf is going on?

What bugs are you referring to? I played the game for a month straight and only ran into 2 major bugs that made me have to reload the game. There were several minor ones, like your car would sometimes arrive flipped over and then explode, but it look less than 10 seconds for it to arrive again. You make it sound like the game is unplayable in its current state, which is completely false.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What bugs are you referring to? I played the game for a month straight and only ran into 2 major bugs that made me have to reload the game. There were several minor ones, like your car would sometimes arrive flipped over and then explode, but it look less than 10 seconds for it to arrive again. You make it sound like the game is unplayable in its current state, which is completely false.
I’m just going off of some streamers. One that was linked here, Angry Joe I think? Had quite a bit. In the grand scheme of an 80 hour play through they were probably minor. But if I ran into shit like guys not getting hit by my bullets, people dying and blocking doorways, getting launched across the map, falling under the world and shit like he was it would definitely detract from my overall enjoyment. Game breaking or not that would be annoying.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I’m just going off of some streamers. One that was linked here, Angry Joe I think? Had quite a bit. In the grand scheme of an 80 hour play through they were probably minor. But if I ran into shit like guys not getting hit by my bullets, people dying and blocking doorways, getting launched across the map, falling under the world and shit like he was it would definitely detract from my overall enjoyment. Game breaking or not that would be annoying.

I understand your position. I can tell you that I even complained several times about the doorways being blocked by pedestrians when you were inside a bar, or a restaurant, or pretty much any building. It was super annoying that the only way to get out was to shoot everyone blocking the exit, or toss a grenade to blow them all to shit. I also fell through the floor once on a particularly difficult mission, when I had just successfully completed it after several failed attempts, only to deliver the vehicle to the garage and fall through the floor when I stepped out, forcing me to redo the entire mission from an earlier save. But again, in a world that was this massive, with as much stuff as they packed into this game, I can look past a few frustrating bugs and look at the bigger picture.

The fact of the matter is, if they wanted to release this game completely (or close to completely) bug free, it probably would've never been ready to launch at all. It was a colossal undertaking to create a game of this scope, and I think they did a pretty damn good job all things considered. I do hope that they fix some of the more annoying bugs eventually, which I'm sure they will, and release a nice sized DLC for the game, as I enjoyed playing in Night City so much, I'd love a reason to come back and start adventuring again.