Cyberpunk 2077

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Usually fast sequels are just a money grab trying to jump on the yearly-installment greed train... but in this case, they really should come out with the next Cyberpunk quickly. Actually implement all the things that were promised, fix all the fundamental systems, and just use 2077 as a proof of concept to launch the universe.

They have shown they can iterate and they can get much, much better with sequels with Witcher 1 -> 2 -> 3. They need to put 2077 aside, take everything they have learned, and come out with the next version asap... that is assuming that whatever skeletal remains of the core team is actually still there and all the talent hasn't already left.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Cyberpunk lacks both content and interesting mechanics for me to revisit it.

Next gen patch like 15 months after launch? Gtfo.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Usually fast sequels are just a money grab trying to jump on the yearly-installment greed train... but in this case, they really should come out with the next Cyberpunk quickly. Actually implement all the things that were promised, fix all the fundamental systems, and just use 2077 as a proof of concept to launch the universe.

They have shown they can iterate and they can get much, much better with sequels with Witcher 1 -> 2 -> 3. They need to put 2077 aside, take everything they have learned, and come out with the next version asap... that is assuming that whatever skeletal remains of the core team is actually still there and all the talent hasn't already left.

Did they announce layoffs or something? My understanding was 2077 was still extremely profitable even if it was below expectations and the company was more financially successful than it has ever been

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loved this game, though it lacks replayability. Sure the open world driving was a joke compared to GTAV, no cops at all no matter what you do, but the shooting was better because it has RPG mechanics, inventory, and traits. It should have come out a year later and not on last-gen consoles, but that seems like a management problem, the execs wanted to cash out. But the story and setting were so new and fun. This is the Witcher III team after all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Playing it for the first time now on ps4pro. Runs fine. Crashes a few times when the box gets too hot. I’ve yet to unbox my ps5 and try it on that one. I love the missions, the shooting, playing stealthy. It feels pretty empty though, when not riding the only viable option, the first bike. Cops, hmm, only see them if I run over someone in a car that cannot turn for shit. So far crafting is fun. But it’s piss annoying I need 18 points to craft legendary. I mean, I just got there at lvl 42. Missions, missions, mmm. Mostly I’m bored with the money puzzles, so I’ve yet to purchase all the cars here almost done with the game. And fuck, where are the hot women companions for a non-tranny male? Panam is the only one afaik. Not that I’d poke my dangling penzi in the lesbo chick even if I could (patch?). Tuco Tuco ‘s favorite? I donno, reset, suicide, cyberpsycho, pick my nose, gun-gun-gun. Just like real life, I’d probably need Ossoi Ossoi advice on how to level athletics. Needs more content. Good for the price of a 50% sale.

And who the fuck is Abigailicious Abigailicious ? The boards newest tranny?

• 2Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they announce layoffs or something? My understanding was 2077 was still extremely profitable even if it was below expectations and the company was more financially successful than it has ever been
I don't think it was after the fact, I think it was the attrition in the years leading up to launch. By the time the game hit the store shelves, it sounded like a lot of the talent responsible for the Witcher magic had bolted or been tossed out. It certainly showed in the shit-show that was CP2077.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know - I played through most of it and just kind of lost interest. The story its telling is interesting, but the few things that do grab my attention as fun are like an infinitely small part of the game. If the game wasnt a mess of code and they released multiplayer, I would be a hell of a lot more interested. Also, some kind of transmog system or w/e. I f'n hate that my character looks like the construction worker from YMCA 90% of the time. I havent played it in 3-4 months, but even back then the game was pretty solid and the bugs werent even noticeable. Hell, your average MMO has more bugs than this game does now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

They supposedly fixed the issue where vendors wouldnt refresh, preventing you from getting the really nice clothing schematics to actually allow you to have more control over how you look.

But ya, I probably wont bother revisiting the game until they add some actual storyline DLC content.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Back when they were about to launch they were eagerly talking about how they would be rapidly releasing both free patches/updates as well as both free and paid for DLCs. IIRC they were talking about releasing something once every 1-2 months for at least a couple of years. Since launch they've had what, a few hotfixes early on, 2? major patches, and sweet fuq awl else. Certainly wasn't what they were themselves advertising, which tells me they're either busy working on CP77 2 or have given up on the brand.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Except CP2077 wasn't a shit-show you sad little edgelord.

I don't think anyone is going to deny it is a complete disappointment coming from witcher 3.

Are you?

A next gen patch 15 months after the game was released as a "next gen" game is a complete joke. I really enjoy the setting, but for people that aren't into cyberpunk/dystopian stuff as much, its a pretty mediocre game.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fired this up at the weekend. Played through the hidden ending and mid-'Saka Tower some of the overlay text froze on the screen for the rest of the mission.

Completed it and ended up in the shower with Panam, went outside to meet her when she was making a coffee and then mid convo with her I'm somehow teleported back in to the shower but frozen there.

Seems like they fix shit and find new things to break.

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's time for CD to lose the Cyberpunk license, imagine if EA or Ubisoft snatched it up, I wonder what it would look like?

• 4Seriously?
  • 2Imbecile
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 10 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think it's time for CD to lose the Cyberpunk license, imagine if EA or Ubisoft snatched it up, I wonder what it would look like?
Is this satire? I was profoundly disappointed by this game, but even I wouldn't wish that upon it!

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You'd need to give it to GTAV era Rockstar and let them work a couple of hundred people to death.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

ef8.jpg

• 3Like

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
EA's Cyberpunk Project 1619 would be the most ideologically pure lootbox gambling game aimed at children ever.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If anyone wasn't running this on a toaster it ran well - sure lots of bugs - inexcusable lack of promised features - however, it still was fun for me.

I ended up stopping around the 60% mark I believe - but will pick it up again in my new contest "The Utnayan Backlog Challenge" as my next game once I finish Fenix.

• 3Like