Cyberpunk 2077

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Witcher 3 is like playing a AAA fantasy blockbuster, its really an all time great game.

People were shocked that I fornicated and then brutally murdered the mage lady lol.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Did they say what resolution the game will be running at with 60 FPS on PS5? The game always ran 60 FPS for me on PS5 and looked fine.

Edit: Found it. Will check it out as 60 FPS was 1080p before: Performance mode offers 60fps at 4K resolution

spronk

FPS noob
IMG_1957.JPG

looks like 4k 60 fps or if you want RTX, it drops to 30 fps

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So now the question still remains when is Sony going to get up off their ass and give us real spatial sound without a headset / Audio coming from the TV for 90% of us that have receivers....

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like good changes, unfortunate timing with Elden Ring and other shit coming this month though. Would like to experience this on my OLED TV though, maybe play the PS5 version this summer.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Or create new games - I am sick to death of remakes.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they tried that and we got Cyberpunk

You're right let's turn this into hollywood and just keep remaking shit over and over again because of a sophomore slump.

1644949331376.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You're right let's turn this into hollywood and just keep remaking shit over and over again because of a sophomore slump.

View attachment 398561
Nah, bringing games from multiple generations ago to the current gen is good. Witcher 3 has sold nearly twice the copies as witcher 1 and 2 combined, modernizing the graphics and combat similar to demon souls would be a great way to draw the Witcher 3 crowd into the older games, which require much less resource investments. You act like remakes have to use the core development team, when demon souls clearly shows that it doesn’t. From was likely developing both Sekiro and Elden Ring concurrently with the outsourced demon souls. I have not and likely never will go back and play the first two in their current form.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Remasters/updates of old games have a big market among people who never got to play the originals. If they're done well, I have zero issue with them being created en masse. I never played Witcher beyond trying it out because the gameplay was hot garbage, which likely had something to do with me never playing 2 or 3.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nah, bringing games from multiple generations ago to the current gen is good. Witcher 3 has sold nearly twice the copies as witcher 1 and 2 combined, modernizing the graphics and combat similar to demon souls would be a great way to draw the Witcher 3 crowd into the older games, which require much less resource investments. You act like remakes have to use the core development team, when demon souls clearly shows that it doesn’t. From was likely developing both Sekiro and Elden Ring concurrently with the outsourced demon souls. I have not and likely never will go back and play the first two in their current form.

I can see some games being remade like Demon Souls. Complete overhauls. But what I see is more of a bullshit Nintendo way of going about it (Poor porting) than a complete remake. If games like Demon SOuls was made in the vein that it was (say Bloodborne in the same manner) I do not have a problem with that as they are mostly 3rd parties like Blue Point. However, you eluded (Or I misread) that 1st party developers should start focusing on remakes which is ridiculous to me.

Also, Witcher 1 sucked and 2, while better, was not as good as Witcher 3. So instead of remaking the first two, in this series I would rather see Witcher 4 expanding on new ideas in gameplay elements and exploration and new story line.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I can see some games being remade like Demon Souls. Complete overhauls. But what I see is more of a bullshit Nintendo way of going about it (Poor porting) than a complete remake. If games like Demon SOuls was made in the vein that it was (say Bloodborne in the same manner) I do not have a problem with that as they are mostly 3rd parties like Blue Point. However, you eluded (Or I misread) that 1st party developers should start focusing on remakes which is ridiculous to me.
Not saying the first party dev should focus on that, but they absolutely have to be a part of it and own it at the end of the day. So CDPR would have to be the one to start the program and oversee it even if they ultimately farm the work out to someone like bluepoint. I just want more playable Witcher games, and the first two could be remade in a much quicker timeframe while allowing the majority of the team to work on Witcher 4 (or whatever the next planned Witcher game is).

Blizzard, however, should stick to remakes. But they somehow manage to fuck even those up.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I would play a updated version of Witcher 1 gladly.. the original release is just so omg *barf*

but 2 ? nahh that ones fine.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 is still the best game of the series by a large margin. Converting it to play like Witcher 3 would be a downgrade.