Cyberpunk 2077

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This game wasn't perfect, but it still fucks. I need a DLC continuing the politician storyline.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game didn’t meet the hype but it was still awesome on the PC. FWIW I never got all the through Witcher but I played through Cyberpunk three times at release.
I dont think this game would EVER meet the amount of hopium and hype it got for YEARS before it was released.

Cybsled

This game wasn't perfect, but it still fucks. I need a DLC continuing the politician storyline.

The mayor storyline is definitely the strongest thread to pull on for a main story continuation for the DLC. Combine that with the AI beyond the wall infiltrating Night City and you've got a really solid recipe for a good story continuation and a potential solve for V's issue that the main story game kind of tosses out there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The mayor storyline is definitely the strongest thread to pull on for a main story continuation for the DLC. Combine that with the AI beyond the wall infiltrating Night City and you've got a really solid recipe for a good story continuation and a potential solve for V's issue that the main story game kind of tosses out there.

In all honesty, I felt that this game tying itself to a main character with a name and a distinct story arc actually hurt it in the long run. I think that it would have been much more well received if they would have made you an "everyman" that got to organically find the story lines that you liked with a bare bones main story. Can you imagine being able to join any of the gangs by helping them do what they do best? Modding yourself as a prereq for one or infiltrating the cops to become part of another? Talk about replay-ability. All the while they could have had neutral story lines like finding that AI and deciding if you want to help it or destroy it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
In all honesty, I felt that this game tying itself to a main character with a name and a distinct story arc actually hurt it in the long run. I think that it would have been much more well received if they would have made you an "everyman" that got to organically find the story lines that you liked with a bare bones main story. Can you imagine being able to join any of the gangs by helping them do what they do best? Modding yourself as a prereq for one or infiltrating the cops to become part of another? Talk about replay-ability. All the while they could have had neutral story lines like finding that AI and deciding if you want to help it or destroy it.
A Cybertech Fallout.... TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Exactly, one of the worst parts of this game was that fast travel, having a vehicle, and POI's on the map/given to you via cellphone when you entered an area meant that there was no real organic exploring. Why sneak into a guarded building if there was no POI? That was a total miss.

• 1Like

Brad2770

41ED95B0-3D54-485F-99C9-435F79AB2DA1.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I loved playing this game. I feel they lost some options with how the story ends...BUT it's not unsurmountable. Overall though, loved the world and many of the characters had a lot of depth to them, and I enjoyed the time you spent with them.

This game took way too much negative PR because it wasn't ready for old gen consoles. It's a great game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep most if not all the bad PR was the old last gen consoles, which is a big neg against the company because they should have never released it on those consoles the way it was clearly broken.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Sadly the most recent Shadowrun RPGs aren't spectacular. I've played the tabletop version and I think that has spoiled me on what these games should be.

The SNES Shadowrun remains the greatest Shadowrun experience to date.

Fight me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I dont think this game would EVER meet the amount of hopium and hype it got for YEARS before it was released.

I mean, it was a perfect storm. Hot publisher coming off a release of arguably the greatest game of all time with killer DLC. A proven IP that’s never really had a game made, on a hot genre that’s never been properly done, starring a beloved actor. Throw in the massive promises they made and you see why it was so hyped.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I barely even play games at all anymore. But I finally powered through the beginning of this into the part where Keanu comes in and it got way more interesting. Seems like a lot of bugs are fixed on PC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I barely even play games at all anymore. But I finally powered through the beginning of this into the part where Keanu comes in and it got way more interesting. Seems like a lot of bugs are fixed on PC.
I mean I play games but not this type of story BS. Stories in games never really interest me, but this one and the main story plus all the side shit had me play it and really enjoy it. I would say GOTY for me when it came out.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's linear and unambitious, but it's also a very complete and polished game.

You're talking about a game from 1993 where you wake up in a morgue. It was a real time shooter RPG set in a dystopian future. You got to enter computers for a confusing and unexplained mini game. You fought a goddamn vampire. What video game in '93 was doing this?

P.S. they were all linear back then.

Edit: the soundtrack was sick. (Notice the early 90s vernacular)

Second Edit: Cyberpunk 2077 would have been better if you had to fight a vampire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beat this game when it first came out on Series X. Saw it at the library the other day and thought what the hell, I’ll give it another shot.

I didn’t have too big of a problem with bugs last time around, and I’m not this time either. But I am surprised at the number of bugs that haven’t been fixed. Jackie said he was going to hand me a chip and it was actually a gun I took and stuck in my head. His guns are more often floating in the air a few feet from his hands than actually in his hands. Story NPCs still walk right through cars, people, etc. like they don’t exist. The character models twitch out frequently.

Also, please tell me the hacker spec gets more fun as the game goes. I have to keep resisting the urge to respec and play through with mantis blades (again).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beat this game when it first came out on Series X. Saw it at the library the other day and thought what the hell, I’ll give it another shot.

I didn’t have too big of a problem with bugs last time around, and I’m not this time either. But I am surprised at the number of bugs that haven’t been fixed. Jackie said he was going to hand me a chip and it was actually a gun I took and stuck in my head. His guns are more often floating in the air a few feet from his hands than actually in his hands. Story NPCs still walk right through cars, people, etc. like they don’t exist. The character models twitch out frequently.

Also, please tell me the hacker spec gets more fun as the game goes. I have to keep resisting the urge to respec and play through with mantis blades (again).

I did hacker, not sure what it is now, but it was pretty broken on release once you got high into it(though sounds like any spec was like that as you got higher). As I basically could hack a camera in the building and just use the spreading dot on everything and kill it all with barely entering the building or sometimes not entering at all. It was hilarious. Just hop from camera to camera spreading my plague.