Cyberpunk 2077

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That new Ray Tracing looks phenomenal but there are some good character model mods for Cyberpunk out there, if you want to improve and/or change the main characters in the game further.

My 970 keep chugging along and I cant justify changing it for 1 game, but someday I will get to experience this in all it's glory. Hopefully I can hold out until the next gen cards come out and drop the price of the 4000 level cards.

Jesus I thought I was out of date with a 2070 super...

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus I thought I was out of date with a 2070 super...
2014 release date? I think? Cards in my office PC. Its a champ - better yet, the design was handicapped to sell them cheaper. With a little bit of handiness, you can unlock the memory and make it even better. Its been years since Ive messed with it on that level but truly a generation of the series that really made Nvidia's name.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I replaced my 970 with a 3070 a couple years ago. The 970 was a champ card, just couldn’t run stuff at a decent resolution and frame rate obviously. I never had any issues with it though. I loaned it out to a couple coworkers teens who were building their first PCs so they could start earlier and replace the card later. They had no issues either, I still have it in case I need an emergency card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

I replaced my 970 with a 3070 a couple years ago. The 970 was a champ card, just couldn’t run stuff at a decent resolution and frame rate obviously. I never had any issues with it though. I loaned it out to a couple coworkers teens who were building their first PCs so they could start earlier and replace the card later. They had no issues either, I still have it in case I need an emergency card.
I have been stretching what it can do, and I can handle playing at 30 FPS, if that's what it takes. I don't play enough GFX intensive games for it to matter that often.

BG3 will be the next game where I will probably debate upgrading again. I just bought two new monitors, in the past 6 months though, so the funny money fund is low.

For this game, I was playing on medium, with a few things bumped up to the second highest setting and it stayed over 30 FPS around 90% of the time. Elden Ring was the same way. Shadows and water on the highest two settings are usually what chug the card.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These days my computer in my den is like all entertainment wrapped up in one device. With the tv plugged in. From Twitch to Netflix and every YouTube hole I get sucked into… And of course gaming too…So if it takes like a grand every few years to keep the shit updated and fresh, well that’s what it takes.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
These days my computer in my den is like all entertainment wrapped up in one device. With the tv plugged in. From Twitch to Netflix and every YouTube hole I get sucked into… And of course gaming too…So if it takes like a grand every few years to keep the shit updated and fresh, well that’s what it takes.
I’m the same…my problem is the fucking card prices now. It used to seem reasonable to upgrade every few years, now it’s…not.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I’m the same…my problem is the fucking card prices now. It used to seem reasonable to upgrade every few years, now it’s…not.
Well depending on what you play, its still reasonable to upgrade for about a grand or so, and it really does not have to be every year or two either. I got my 3070 in like spring of 2021 (Full computer, only way I could score one for like $2K) and I dont foresee upgrading that for a while still. It plays damn near everything at my refresh rate which is 166hz. And in reality the card will be fine until the next console refresh since most games are tailored for the current gen consoles.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I really love this game, but even with the very best graphics it will still be a worse game then gta.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I really love this game, but even with the very best graphics it will still be a worse game then gta.
Here We Go Again GIF

• 5Worf
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Gotta flip your old shit for cash to offset the costs.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I give my kids my old shit. They began building/piecing together their comps at a young age.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So, yeah, this game does look absolutely incredible with the new patch, and you can get it running over 100 fps consistently with a few very small tweaks at 1440p with DLSS 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

So, yeah, this game does look absolutely incredible with the new patch, and you can get it running over 100 fps consistently with a few very small tweaks at 1440p with DLSS 3.
I havent checked - is this Phantom Liberty or w/e, too? Or just a general tech demo patch?

Cybsled

Phantom Liberty will be a paid DLC afaik and probably won’t be until later this year

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Supposedly they have spent more cash on this DLC then ever before including all withcher DLC combined., Plus were getting Reeves back AND Idris Elba. People are speculating that this will be about 40+ hours of main and side quests added, but well see.

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner

Daidraco

Supposedly they have spent more cash on this DLC then ever before including all withcher DLC combined., Plus were getting Reeves back AND Idris Elba. People are speculating that this will be about 40+ hours of main and side quests added, but well see.
Heres to hoping it actually feels like a living, breathing, world then. Cause even with everything maxxed - it feels empty af most of the time.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity