Cyberpunk 2077

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think hogwarts legacy learned from them, most of the mess was in last gen systems that couldn't handle it, coincidence that last Gen releases for HW legacy are delayed 3 months...

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah so even after a year for a insanely anticipated triple A game in develop for a decade, it could still use a bit of polish. I havent encountered any game breaking bugs in 20 hours but theres just so many little things that throw you off;

Panam would get stuck over and over and over at the start of the kill Nash mission;
1674439174989.png

Panam decides to sit on absolutely doing at all;
1674439430120.png

This vehicle permanently emits a very loud buzzing/vehicle noise no matter what, save reload, go somewhere else come back never stops;
1674439342200.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I put about 30 hours into this when it first came out on PC. Bugs weren’t the problem for me but I just grew bored with it.

Picked it up again recently and put another 30 hours or so on a new playthrough and sped through the campaign to see the whole story. Still pretty boring and I hated V.

It just wasn’t all that fun.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Agree. It also seems like the new DLC is mostly going to be a story running lateral to the main game vs an epilogue.

When they talked about the new Cyberpunk game they are working on, they mentioned V's story is done, so I suspect they'll just keep the "u ded" vibe going vs. providing any potential changes in the DLC.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had hopes you'd follow the storyline to the Orbitals and have a whole DLC based up there but I strongly doubt that will ever happen now.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This game was hurt a bit by the shift to focus on the Keanu character's storyline. I believe the original talk is that it would've followed the politician/mystery man storyline more. Regardless, I loved the sandbox, even if its story was a bit of a letdown.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game was hurt a bit by the shift to focus on the Keanu character's storyline. I believe the original talk is that it would've followed the politician/mystery man storyline more. Regardless, I loved the sandbox, even if its story was a bit of a letdown.
I heard the game wasn't even very sandboxy.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's a massive city. Plenty of 'run around and treat it like GTA' and just murder shit, outside the God-tier police force. I really enjoyed the world, I think it's one of the better worlds in gaming.

I'm very excited about this expansion. If this is a Hearts of Stone Blood & Wine (or either, really) quality xpac (big if), here we go!

Last edited:

Cybsled

Not really. Like Blitz posted, treat it more like a GTA. There is some semi-open ended stuff you can do, but eventually you exhaust all the side quests and objectives.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Road off into the sunset in a tank with Panam after about 40 hours. Completed all big side quests, the Paralez quest was a bit of a let down since it didnt end up going anywhere besides showing Jefferson going crazy. Also seemed a bit light on the actual cyberpunk elements, or at least ethics/morals of tech/cyberware especially seeing how soulkiller was the main plot point.

Overall not a bad game, but underwhelming compared to how much it was hyped up. Open world aspect was filled with a lot of jank even after 2 years of patches. They should have cut everything outside of the city so they could have spent more time fleshing the city out. Driving the tank for example was not fun at all.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
When I get around to buying CP2077 hopefully the graphics will be pretty enough to distract me from the remaining bugs.

NVIDIA & CD Projekt Red Devs Recommend A Powerful PC With RTX 40 GPUs To Run Cyberpunk 2077 Path Tracing

"Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most gorgeous-looking games out there and it's going to get even better with the upcoming Path Tracing mode which is developed by CD Projekt Red in collab with NVIDIA devs.

In an interview with PCWorld's Gordon at GDC 2023, CD Projekt Red's Jakub Knapik (Global Art Director) and NVIDIA's Pawel Kozlowski (Senior Developer Technology Engineer) gave some insight on what's Path Tracing and how it will further improve the world of Night City within Cyberpunk 2077. The interview is short but highlights some important aspects of the Path Tracing model that will be introduced in the game on the 11th of April as a "Technology Preview".

According to Jakub, Ray Tracing in games has more importance in the development process than just looking good. For example, he states that Ray tracing is helping solve some major problems encountered in game development. While ray tracing addresses certain individual elements of the rendering pipeline such as fixing the shadows, the reflections, or the ambient occlusion.

All those element layers are stuck up on top of each other while Path Tracing goes a different route & rather than having to do all those layers individually, it does them all at once in a single proper unified rendering pipeline. Compared to standard ray tracing implementations, the path-traced image is way more balanced, it's way more accurate, and also more beautiful. The rendering is said to be similar to the rendering techniques used by animated films in the past which would take the game (Cyberpunk 2077) one step closer to photo-realism.

As for the more important question which is what will be required to run Cyberpunk 2077 with Path Tracing enabled? Jakub says that you'd need a powerful PC to run the game as Path Tracing simply is the tech of the future. It is also revealed that path tracing within the technical preview is going to be hardware-agnostic which means that it won't require a proprietary technology to run and gamers will be able to enjoy it on any graphics card out there, given that it has the processing and compute prowess to run Path Tracing at a stable frame rate. The following quote should be enough, to sum up, the requirements for the upcoming mode: 'Yes! You want to have very high-end hardware to run that (Cyberpunk 2077 Path Tracing)'
-CD Projekt Red's Global Art Director, Jakub Knapik

Moving the conversation to NVIDIA's Senior Developer Technology Engineer, Pawk Kozlowski, we get to know that the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 Path Tracing preview is based on the RTXDI (RTX Direct Illumination) ray tracing renderer and uses path tracing on top of it to render the indirect path of the image.

Pawk states that you will definitely need the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 GPUs to run the Path Tracing preview for Cyberpunk 2077 and for some good reasons. First and foremost is DLSS 3 and also the upcoming RT Overdrive mode which should help drive up performance in the game. NVIDIA's Ada gaming architecture also supports SER (Shader Execution Recording) which assists with computing incoherent workloads such as Path Tracing.

However, for those guessing that NVIDIA & CD Projekt Red's upcoming demo may only work on a high-end GPU such as the RTX 4090, Pawk refutes this & says that they are aiming for a good and playable experience on the RTX 40 series across the board so it looks like users running an RTX 4070-class GPU would also be able to run the game with Path Tracing enabled and get decent FPS.

Lastly, NVIDIA opens up the possibility of brining Path Tracing to other games and helping assist game devs with it since it is a rendering model that's been used in offline applications (animation, movie) for years so why to bother with something else when Path Tracing can be done and deliver higher visual fidelity in the gaming world too. Once again, the Cyberpunk 2077 Path Tracing technical preview will be released on the 11th of April which is just two weeks from now. We can't wait to try out the game with the new mode ourselves once it's available."

c.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 6 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You can model your dick, romance + lesbomancy, drive a truck and generally be a recluse of a network nerd. Besides driving around, how is this not in your top 3 games?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was pretty enough. How about working on that game play that was actually advertised. I can look at pictures of real cities if I want to be amazed at reality. What I would like is a flushed out city environment where my actions have a real effect on how NPC's react to me. I would also like actual access to the entire city. How about a faction system or an ability to build-up your own city block as a crime lord? These are but simple examples of things I would have enjoyed in this game.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs (especially 2) had good and believable police systems. What they did in 2077 is just lame and my biggest point of criticism. The "teleport to you no matter where you are right now" is dogshit.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs (especially 2) had good and believable police systems. What they did in 2077 is just lame and my biggest point of criticism. The "teleport to you no matter where you are right now" is dogshit.
Devs have said that some bugs are just too entrenched within the code to fix properly without a full re-write. So you get work arounds like this. Not ideal, obviously. But not completely missing, either. Just another reason theyre washing their hands of the game after Phantom Liberty.

Fadaar

That guy

god I can't wait for GTA6

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The graphics are fantastic now on my machine but I can't get into this game, every character is annoying and unlikeable.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember anyone in particular annoying me, and most game characters in anything annoy me. What game has characters less annoying than Cyberpunk?
I think RDR2 is a lot better and more compelling than this game, which is crazy, because I kinda think westerns are sorta lame, and I love sci-fi and especially cyberpunk as a genre.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user