Cyberpunk 2077

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I think RDR2 is a lot better and more compelling than this game, which is crazy, because I kinda think westerns are sorta lame, and I love sci-fi and especially cyberpunk as a genre.
I compare everything to JRPGs and Borderlands 3 now, so nothing seems as bad. RDR2 wasn't that bad either I guess.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Played through this three times and never finished rdr2.

clicked on the thread hoping there was a new major patch

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I thought takemura was a little annoying. Dude always shit talking night city and how barbaric westerners are all the while his master was murdered by their son and his retainers developed pretty evil tech that murders then enslaves people's digitized personas.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I mean when you set the bar that low it ain't even off the ground
Video Game Dancing GIF by Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Borderlands GIF by 2K United Kingdom

Jrpg GIF

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Really don't get the hate for this game. I loved it.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Really don't get the hate for this game. I loved it.
I didn’t hate. I played it about half way, lost interest for a bit and then picked it up about 6 months ago and restarted and finished it.

It just wasn’t great and got pretty repetitive and the story was kind of boring honestly.

It didn’t help that I didn’t like V, hated the voice actor and didn’t relate to him at all.

I never had any technical issues on PC and the game was fine. I feel like I gave it an honest try and I don’t regret my purchase, it was worth the $30 bucks I paid for it. It just wasn’t great and I’d consider it average at best.

The problem is that we expected transcendence and we got just okay. To me, that’s a failure and that’s squarely on CDPR.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
the story was kind of boring honestly.

Interesting. I'm a judgemental dick about writing and story, but thought these were stronger aspects of the game. Much to my surprise because writing in games is usually really shitty these days (or always was?).

I got bored because the game got way too easy and definitely got repetitive. Was still going to finish out the story, but wanted to wait hoping they'd ever get the world feeling more alive, like better romance and apartment customizing options and more misc stuff like banging the freaky police chick or the street preacher quest.

I guess just waiting for the first, and last, DLC to do a full playthrough and then drop the he forever? Not bad for $5 though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Interesting. I'm a judgemental dick about writing and story, but thought these were stronger aspects of the game. Much to my surprise because writing in games is usually really shitty these days (or always was?).

I got bored because the game got way too easy and definitely got repetitive. Was still going to finish out the story, but wanted to wait hoping they'd ever get the world feeling more alive, like better romance and apartment customizing options and more misc stuff like banging the freaky police chick or the street preacher quest.

I guess just waiting for the first, and last, DLC to do a full playthrough and then drop the he forever? Not bad for $5 though.
Like said already, Im not a big story dude in games (If I want story ill watch a show or read a book) but I had fun with these stories in this game. From the main one to all the sides they dished out, what can I say? It was fun. Only thing that I griped about the OG experience was the difficulty. It was pretty brutal in beginning Lv1-10 but then you ramped up got soem good guns and perks and it became basically walking over everybody the rest of the game. They fixed some of that shit because when I replayed it like last year? It was not that EZ anymore and most of the cheese was either nerfed or basically deleted.

I wish they spent more cash on this game though and released some post content (other than the planned 1 DLC) because it truly was a good game IMO. Hope they do a II because I really like the setting and the RPG elements.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

New raytracing graphics mode coming soon. Looks much better, especially characters. Everything from shadows, to the "glow" on skin textures. Just all around more natural lighting from bright to dark.

They show the performance at the end of the video. On 4k it's 18 fps with a 4090 without DLSS on. 95ish with DLSS 3 on performance mode.

• 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I didn’t hate. I played it about half way, lost interest for a bit and then picked it up about 6 months ago and restarted and finished it.

It just wasn’t great and got pretty repetitive and the story was kind of boring honestly.

It didn’t help that I didn’t like V, hated the voice actor and didn’t relate to him at all.

I never had any technical issues on PC and the game was fine. I feel like I gave it an honest try and I don’t regret my purchase, it was worth the $30 bucks I paid for it. It just wasn’t great and I’d consider it average at best.

The problem is that we expected transcendence and we got just okay. To me, that’s a failure and that’s squarely on CDPR.

Female V is waaaay better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

New raytracing graphics mode coming soon. Looks much better, especially characters. Everything from shadows, to the "glow" on skin textures. Just all around more natural lighting from bright to dark.

They show the performance at the end of the video. On 4k it's 18 fps with a 4090 without DLSS on. 95ish with DLSS 3 on performance mode.
That looks ridiculously good.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That looks ridiculously good.
Im torn on it. Ya, it looks incredible. But its going to bring my system down to ~95 FPS "WITH" DLSS 3. Thats insane. But on the other side of that coin - I was thinking of skipping the upgrade to the TI when it comes out late this year because I havent really played anything that even remotely asks for this much power. I may install CP2077 again just to play around in this generations version of next realism - but the FPS will slightly annoy me. Guess we'll see where the 4090 TI lands in all of this.

Daidraco

What input latency? I have never noticed it, if it is a real thing that is greater than 10ms.
Does it even matter on a single player game, anyways? Hell, a non shit for brain person would at least know to turn all this shit down in a competitive online game. The thought of mentioning latency in this scenario is just.. :smuggly:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What input latency? I have never noticed it, if it is a real thing that is greater than 10ms.
Are you sure you're talking about DLSS 3? It can't avoid having increased input latency, since the render pipeline is constantly waiting for the AI generated frames to be inserted in between the real ones. That's basically the only difference between 2 and 3, and the latency is always much higher than 10ms. I'd much rather play it with DLSS 2 at 60 fps (and 1440UW over 4K because 16:9 is for consoles) than deal with the latency and artifacts that frame gen causes.

Yeah, it's like Mass Effect. Female MC is played by a well-known top tier VA while the male is some random dude with Cyberpunk as his one and only credit (still).

Daidraco

Are you sure you're talking about DLSS 3? It can't avoid having increased input latency, since the render pipeline is constantly waiting for the AI generated frames to be inserted in between the real ones. That's basically the only difference between 2 and 3, and the latency is always much higher than 10ms. I'd much rather play it with DLSS 2 at 60 fps (and 1440UW over 4K because 16:9 is for consoles) than deal with the latency and artifacts that frame gen causes.

Yeah, it's like Mass Effect. Female MC is played by a well-known top tier VA while the male is some random dude with Cyberpunk as his one and only credit (still).
Have to take into account that in this specific scenario, anything other than a high end CPU and a 4090 would be ill advised. So that cuts down on the latency by quite a bit that others have experienced with DLSS 3. Which just so happens to be complained about the most with the lower end 40x0 series and a lower end CPU (when measuring out their own tests of ~35ms latency.) The original reports/tests back from September / October 22 are dealing with a different version (if not the beta version altogether) of DLSS 3 - so its a bit overblown and inaccurate.

Burns

That new Ray Tracing looks phenomenal but there are some good character model mods for Cyberpunk out there, if you want to improve and/or change the main characters in the game further.

My 970 keep chugging along and I cant justify changing it for 1 game, but someday I will get to experience this in all it's glory. Hopefully I can hold out until the next gen cards come out and drop the price of the 4000 level cards.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>

I haven't noticed any input lag or artifacts at all. I do have a 4090 and 13900k processor. Which might be why.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user