Cyberpunk 2077

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
that's way too soon. It's more likely that they announce this year that it will be released next year.

That was my initial thought too, but it makes me wonder how they'll handle the release. My guess is the next generation of consoles will release holiday season next year. Would Cyberpunk be cross generation at launch? It seems to me they would want to launch while the current gen platforms were still the only thing available to maximize sales and then be able to do a remastered version for next gen consoles a year or more after they launch and get some decent market penetration. If they release too close to the next gen consoles people will put off their purchases to get the superior version on the next generation hardware.

Maybe holiday season this year isn't so far fetched, or maybe Spring of next year?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
That was my initial thought too, but it makes me wonder how they'll handle the release. My guess is the next generation of consoles will release holiday season next year. Would Cyberpunk be cross generation at launch? It seems to me they would want to launch while the current gen platforms were still the only thing available to maximize sales and then be able to do a remastered version for next gen consoles a year or more after they launch and get some decent market penetration. If they release too close to the next gen consoles people will put off their purchases to get the superior version on the next generation hardware.

Maybe holiday season this year isn't so far fetched, or maybe Spring of next year?

From what we have seen with PS5 specs, backwards compatiblity is in(they would be idiots if they didn't do this), not sure on next xbox but if they follow the same rules, a simple "client" update too use the extra power of next generation consoles would be a easy update. It doesn't have too be delayed just cause the new "hardware" is in the pipe.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Soooooo see you tonight, Exile?
No, LOL. Especially not tonight. Working full time plus teaching at night. Finals week started tonight.

Maybe some weekend if I'm drunk. Haven't done a drunk gaming night with Ut yet.

The game itself, I just dunno. I like the PvE portions of it. PvP, it just seems like you're fucked if you're a small clan, and if you can't manage to herd other small clans together. Playing with RL friends was frustrating because they didn't trust anyone enough to recruit outside their circle, and then were so few in number that the alpha clans could just raid and God-bomb them at will. Clans that were fully built up structurally and could focus on Zeal, Archpriest and Demon's Blood farming seemed to dominate. If there ever was a balance of power at the top, I'd either see some of the established clans get bored and fade away, leaving the spoils to the top clans that were already prepping to take their shit, or the alpha clan would just pick a competitor and dick-slap them repeatedly until they quit to another server.

I think the worst I saw was a single night with only 2 people in one clan online drop something like 7 gods over 3 bases.

Not sure if I'd find it fun to do that to small clans myself, though. Maybe if they talked mad shit and deserved to be trolled...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
From what we have seen with PS5 specs, backwards compatiblity is in(they would be idiots if they didn't do this), not sure on next xbox but if they follow the same rules, a simple "client" update too use the extra power of next generation consoles would be a easy update. It doesn't have too be delayed just cause the new "hardware" is in the pipe.

But then they couldn't pull a Skyrim and sell it 8 different times

spronk

FPS noob
box art? early 2020 release?

image0.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
On one hand, I like women with short hair, mohawks, etc, so I'm all for the female version of that trope.

But on the other hand, you really have to be either a miserable SJW shitbag, or a virtue signaling betamax cuck, to get your jimmies rustled over this shit.

I have a thing for Alt women, women with short hair, mohawks, etc, so I'm all for changing it up gender-wise. But being salty about it online?

HONK HONK

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it just seems like such a ridiculous thing to be angry about... like what kind of person do you have to be to be outraged by boxart?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
it just seems like such a ridiculous thing to be angry about... like what kind of person do you have to be to be outraged by boxart?

There's a white person visible therefore it's a problem

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Haha I'm not outraged by the content, just laughing because some marketing person probably demanded they stick to the formula. Because x,y,and z sold q amount with the gundude on the cover.

I'd choose a cool city shot with a flying car at night or at least a buzzcut dude with a metal arm or something. Without the title it just looks like it's going to be a cop drama.