Cyberpunk 2077

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Witcher's combat has always been.. different? I wouldnt say its fantastic, but I wouldnt call it horrible. More of a stance driven, analyze your strategy and strike. With a bit of guerilla warfare at times. Not really something I see too much in other games. Make a decision between which sword, which sign, which potion, which bomb etc. If only the transition to in combat / out of combat wasnt so jarring, camera controls being horrible at the best of times... just a combat style in a game that demands you either work with it or hit the road, Jack. (Course you could always just put it on ez mode and jab the f'n mob to death)

The game itself made up for any shortcomings though, so its all forgiven.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
witcher 3 combat was really pretty solid. witcher 1 and 2 on the other hand...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Witcher 3 combat was much better on the higher difficulties since you basically had to use the right sword, oils, etc. I would still say it was pretty mediocre, especially relative to every other part of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pondsmith also agressively and directly calling out user bullshit on Reddit and Rock Paper Shotgun.

• 11Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 15 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I hope the game includes tracking down SJW idiots on the internet and taking their cybernetic parts.

The parts don't define them, so it should be fine to remove them.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I want to get behind these guys on this project, I really do. The latest developments make me want to preorder a copy for me and my whole family.

But they've already shown at least one softening point through all this, even though they APPEAR to be back to shitposting their way to success.

But I fear that if I got behind them early, in the 11th hour they soften and cave and invite Sarkeesian in and all the other shit you KNOW you are all cringing in expectation of.

Please prove me wrong!

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's literally no reason to ever preorder something so far from its release. Arguably, there's no reason to preorder at all, unless the preorder comes with some bonuses you deem valuable enough(mmo early start stuff or beta access comes to mind). Just buy the game when it releases if it's good. Preorder a few weeks before if you really want to.

I guess the only real reason to preorder this early would be if you want limited edition collector stuff, but these are probably all sold if they're limited.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I want to get behind these guys on this project, I really do. The latest developments make me want to preorder a copy for me and my whole family.

But they've already shown at least one softening point through all this, even though they APPEAR to be back to shitposting their way to success.

But I fear that if I got behind them early, in the 11th hour they soften and cave and invite Sarkeesian in and all the other shit you KNOW you are all cringing in expectation of.

Please prove me wrong!

If they were based in the US or Canada. Maybe.
If they were based in any other part of Europe than Eastern. Then maybe.
If they didn't have control over their company and had to use a third party publisher. Then maybe.

Though a company based in Poland, who owns themselves for the most part and is their own publisher? Extremely unlikely.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Welcome to the new Puritan order.

Very progressive leftists. Very progressive.

Also: fuck you.

I'm always available for confession, because it sure sounds like you might need it before the whole of the community burns you at the stake for what sounds like some potentially blasphemous idolatry... which we all know you've struggled with in the past

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Look at her language--its pretty much what every religous/moral code has used in the past. You can replace Soviet/Maoist "minder" language in there, too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There's literally no reason to ever preorder something so far from its release. Arguably, there's no reason to preorder at all, unless the preorder comes with some bonuses you deem valuable enough(mmo early start stuff or beta access comes to mind). Just buy the game when it releases if it's good. Preorder a few weeks before if you really want to.

I guess the only real reason to preorder this early would be if you want limited edition collector stuff, but these are probably all sold if they're limited.
I consider it a thank you for making something as amazing as the Witcher 3 and its expansions. I don't preorder anything anymore really, but this company is an exception. They've earned it, and until I get burned by CDPR I'll probably keep doing it.

Also, those Pondsmith quotes are fantastic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I consider it a thank you for making something as amazing as the Witcher 3 and its expansions. I don't preorder anything anymore really, but this company is an exception. They've earned it, and until I get burned by CDPR I'll probably keep doing it.

Also, those Pondsmith quotes are fantastic.
I mean sure, but also it's not like they get any more money from you preordering versus ordering the game at release. I do buy a bunch of games before they release for various reasons, but generally I don't bother until it's about to be released and I feel like playing it at the time. I'm not saying the crazy "NEVER PREORDER EVER OR ELSE YOU'LL GO TO HELL AND SUCK TRANNY COCKS", just if you're not 100% sure, you can always just wait, doesn't really matter, nothing's forcing you to buy it now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I really wanted to get a collectors edition but no PC version :(

EDIT Appears there will be a PC collectors edition

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I'm always available for confession, because it sure sounds like you might need it before the whole of the community burns you at the stake for what sounds like some potentially blasphemous idolatry... which we all know you've struggled with in the past

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Look at her language--its pretty much what every religous/moral code has used in the past. You can replace Soviet/Maoist "minder" language in there, too.

I’m here to save you from you!

Oh and that mob of torch wielding trannies outside.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I really wanted to get a collectors edition but no PC version :(

EDIT Appears there will be a PC collectors edition

First time I've ever considered buying a collectors edition and that bummed me out hardcore.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never buy collector additions of anything but I might get it for this game. I already know I am going to seriously(2500.00ish) upgrade to a new laptop(My job allows me time to play) just because of this game next year. This is one of the few games I am excited for.

• 1Seriously?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Collectors editions are for weeb virgins. Always 4x the price of the base game, and all you usually get is some shitty soundtrack and a $5 cheap figurine wrapped in a box twice he size it needs to be

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users