Cyberpunk 2077

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What game in this vein had the best gunplay of all time?

What are we defining as gunplay?

Single player experiences?

I would say "The Division" series was pretty amazing gunplay sicne it incorporated cover systems, moving, and aiming. Same with Destiny (though my XP is only with destiny 2), but there are things like Counter Strike where the focus is more on match systems than guns but would you say the "Gunplay" in CS or CS:GO isn't on point?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What game in this vein had the best gunplay of all time?

The Last of Us comes to mind, RE 2 remake, and some others. Uncharted was OK. RdR2 is better than GTA V and wasnt that bad imo.

Destiny 2 has my favorite gunplay feel of any game ever. Not sure how you can even mention The Last of Us. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but the guns(and a lot of the gameplay, in general) don't really factor into that.

Character creator needs to let me tattoo my junk.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I showed my wife the trailer, she's like "you know i hate sci fi"!!!

i said "but these are the ppl that made the witcher"

cb7.jpg

(i've been w/ her for over 20years, obviously i've learned not to force any sci fi shit her way, she only watched star wars cuz friends wanted her to go and the only souvenir she got from disney land was BB8 cuz he was just too cute, but she'll miss out on games like mass effect)

• 1Like

Cybsled

Now make her watch The Good Place and how they handle the 'Trolley Problem" ;p

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Destiny 2 has my favorite gunplay feel of any game ever. Not sure how you can even mention The Last of Us. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but the guns(and a lot of the gameplay, in general) don't really factor into that.

Character creator needs to let me tattoo my junk.

He was talking about third person shooters only. IMO best shooting for third person that I've played is Mass Effect 3.

• 2Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I showed my wife the trailer, she's like "you know i hate sci fi"!!!

i said "but these are the ppl that made the witcher"

cb7.jpg

(i've been w/ her for over 20years, obviously i've learned not to force any sci fi shit her way, she only watched star wars cuz friends wanted her to go and the only souvenir she got from disney land was BB8 cuz he was just too cute, but she'll miss out on games like mass effect)
I did the same. I told her to just wait until the end. She got all giddy when Keanu showed up. I have to get her primed for me ignoring her and the kids for a week when this comes out.

• 2Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
He was talking about third person shooters only. IMO best shooting for third person that I've played is Mass Effect 3.
Oh. Cyberpunk is first person, so I went with Destiny. Even in 3rd person, The Last of Us gunplay was trash.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can I peg Keanu with my detachable robopenis while we burn down the city?

This is back to being the best timeline.

• 1Smuggly

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah Cyberpunk 2077 is first person (unlike Witcher3) for most of the game, you only switch to third person in vehicles apparently. So hopefully the gunplay is closer to Doom and Destiny (the best in categories imo) rather than something like GTA or RDR2 which both allowed for first person but were pretty awful combat wise.

Witcher 3 was third person although there were mods on PC that let you change it to first person, but that never works as well as the game designed as FPS.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am really skeptical of the driving. It's hard to make driving not kind of dumb in these games because driving in a megatropolis would totally suck dick. But even in GTA type games you can drive all right as long as you ignore all traffic laws and realism! Otherwise you just have fairly empty streets and then its just weird.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I am really skeptical of the driving. It's hard to make driving not kind of dumb in these games because driving in a megatropolis would totally suck dick. But even in GTA type games you can drive all right as long as you ignore all traffic laws and realism! Otherwise you just have fairly empty streets and then its just weird.

Well, riding Roach in Witcher 3 through towns/cities was pretty goddamn annoying but it didn't really detract too much from the game's experience.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, riding Roach in Witcher 3 through towns/cities was pretty goddamn annoying but it didn't really detract too much from the game's experience.

Absolutely and they made every effort to have Roach management be easy and not have anything stupid involved. You were also in big open areas a lot of the time. So I am curious what the method to make driving Knight Rider around easy and not intrusive to gameplay is.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I hope they just add another option and it's just all the choices from the female and male options put together. Put like almost no effort into it.
Man, sir, he.

Woman, ma'am, she.

So many different gender pronouns!